Consdering a Sale of My Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 11:29 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

LOL regarding what Alex wrote.

Agree with Porsch that the RS isn't getting a manual again

Entire 992 GT3 line will be straight NA (non-hybrd) with a manual option..... and likely a Touring option. Why would they not offer these options in the future that are unique in the market and that their customers are demanding?
Old 02-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch
Pretty sure you’re alone in thinking it may come back to the RS.
No, I don't think it will.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:27 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 399 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Taffy66
The problem is Porsche are very adept at fooling us Porsche mad punters time and time again..We were led to believe that the 991.2GT3 would be the last Manual GT3 with a NA engine..Only recently some Porsche GT top brass have confirmed that the 992GT3 will indeed be available in Manual with a high revving NA engine.
Worst than that is i'm a willing participant in this knowingly and willingly..What does that say i wonder..!
Yes, but the 992 is just ugly, at least that face is hard to look at . . . IMHO. I want to like it, but do not.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Everyone hates the new model when it's launched. Then they warm up to it. Then they are angry they can't get one. Watch. Rinse and repeat. It's the die-hard Porsche enthusiast psychological circle. Yes, a few stay stuck in the prior gen forever. Most add or swap for the new one once the reviews and final product come out.

I was in a Speciale the other day. No one ever complains about its digital dials. I told the seller, uggh, I love everything about how this car drives, sounds and looks; but those digits dials; i just can't live with them
Old 02-13-2019, 01:13 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
All these dealers who made ADM's on false rarity, denied many Porsche lovers from speccing their cars and others from buying them at all, hoarded and tried to corner the market, causing ownership delays and uncertainty and pain to some, and did some outright immoral things to others... really did a massive disservice to the Porsche gt market and its enthusiasts. maybe even damaged the brand a bit.

Now few cars are on tracks, many are uber-optioned and Uber-PTS'd as they went from being hardcore driving car sportscars, to C&C speccing-competition queens, and few get used as they're supposed to.

Maybe, just maybe, with this massive glut of 991-era GT-cars of all types now in the market, most sitting untouched waiting to be sold in private garages, their owner praying for that last sucker who buys at a premium still, some sitting on dealer lots waiting for even bigger suckers, all sellers expecting a price which will never come.. maybe for the 992 GT cars things will go back to normal. After many current owners hoping to "drive for free" (it's possible, but difficult) take a bath on all the "PTS/options/ADM" triad they spent money on, maybe we'll go back to thinking of GT Porsche's as cars for doing a lot of driving and possibly a lot of track driving too.

I'm not immune either, I ended up at $181k Msrp on a $143k car... silliness. luckily I don't pay ADM, I Montana'd it, enjoyed the hell out of it over many adventures in Europe and US, sold it for a few bucks extra this month after a little over a year, and ready to start over with something else Porsche-y. And boy did I learn my lesson.. I'm super smart now. Yep... next one is truly a stripper for me... no leather, just manual tranny & a free color.

Ok, maybe buckets and lift...

...maybe pccb.. but that's it.

...ok maybe black wheels... and some nice stitching...

ok maybe PTS again.. possibly Meissen blue again... and somaaah ....

aaaahfudge it.. there I go again.

Maybe the next Spyder? You seemed to enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine. Though I changed from a .1 GT3, wonder if I'd go back to a .2 touring. For the street, the Spyder seems to be plenty.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:19 PM
joejenie
Three Wheelin'

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
Yes, but the 992 is just ugly, at least that face is hard to look at . . . IMHO. I want to like it, but do not.
I disagree. I love the 992. I was going to start looking for a touring as a DD to compliment my 3RS. Once I seen the 992, I decided to wait until they have a touring model. I love the interior and I love the exterior (yes, even the Panamera lights on the back). Only thing I'm not thrilled with is the shifter which looks a little goofy, but I'll get over it.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:04 PM
dingding
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the 992 too. I was looking for a 991.2 GT3rs, the decided to wait for the 992. I guess I won't see it until 2020
Old 02-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
The worst part of the front/back are the parts that get the biggest changes when going to a GT car. So worry not, the 992 GT3 will look amazing.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:39 PM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

The 992 looks pretty good to my eyes.....
But what's with all that black plastic on the body??? Looks cheap to me, at least in rear views.
The interior will probably grow on us, and has some elements from classic porsches...
But, the steering wheel obscures all those digital side gauges and tach is not very easy to read.
All-in-all, a nice redesign, but some of the smaller details really seem sketchy from a design standpoint. .
Old 02-13-2019, 03:07 PM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of opinions! I know another member here (wondering if they'll chime in) that just traded a Touring in for 10-15 under MSRP for a RS but with the tax benefit it came out to just at MSRP. I'd personally keep it but if I had to sell, would list what you want for it and work down from there. I've seen this around are you in HP?
Old 01-05-2021, 05:09 PM
AirCool4Me
6th Gear

I am sure I am late to the party, yet just searching for a GT3 Touring. I was curious if your car was still available? TY.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:18 PM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by AirCool4Me
I am sure I am late to the party, yet just searching for a GT3 Touring. I was curious if your car was still available? TY.
Not only did the OP sell it, but this same car sold again a few months ago at Porsche Colorado Springs.
The following users liked this post:
CarmineGT3 (01-05-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 06:58 PM
AirCool4Me
6th Gear

I suspected that. The search continues. Thank you for your timely reply.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:38 PM
Brian4lev
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 74 Posts

Isringhausen had a nice Riviera Blue, no PCCB but a nice PTS color for just over 200k. Clearly above MSRP but these low mileage Tourings that are well optioned are going well over MSRP. I just did the head first dive into an Olive green and I paid well over MSRP.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:19 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian4lev
Isringhausen had a nice Riviera Blue, no PCCB but a nice PTS color for just over 200k. Clearly above MSRP but these low mileage Tourings that are well optioned are going well over MSRP. I just did the head first dive into an Olive green and I paid well over MSRP.
No buckets either. I would have taken a look at it if it had LWB. I’m poking around to see if I can find one to swap. I love the GT3T but not totally thrilled with the spec on mine. Would like PTS and iron brakes. Probably end up trading it on a 992 GT3T.

Quick Reply: Consdering a Sale of My Touring?