First 100 mile trip in the gt3rs - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

First 100 mile trip in the gt3rs

 
Old 02-09-2019, 09:53 PM
  #1  
n d
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 83
Default First 100 mile trip in the gt3rs


Took the gt3rs for the first long drive with the wife today and for the first 10 miles I was Contemplating to turn back and take my daily driver,I decided to keep going and after some time I got used to the harsh ride and enjoyed my drive more then I thought I would.
The gt3rs has so much soul and brings out so much emotion it’s unbelievable every time I drive the car I feel like a race car driver and have a smile from ear to ear and too me that’s priceless!!!
my 570s was faster but besides the speed it was just a fast cool looking car especially with the doors that go up!


Last edited by n d; 02-09-2019 at 10:15 PM.
n d is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:05 PM
  #2  
golfnutintib
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
golfnutintib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 3,697
Default

haha well i think the .2 rs rides like a limo, albeit a little stiffer/jigglier than a .1 rs... all a matter of perspective and from what car/cars you are coming from!
golfnutintib is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:20 PM
  #3  
uniqueMR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
uniqueMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 133
Default

uniqueMR is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:42 PM
  #4  
sunnyr
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sunnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,136
Default

Originally Posted by golfnutintib View Post
haha well i think the .2 rs rides like a limo, albeit a little stiffer/jigglier than a .1 rs... all a matter of perspective and from what car/cars you are coming from!
Any thoughts on how it rides compared to 997.2 GT3 and/or a GT4? Worse than both, better or in between?
sunnyr is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:02 PM
  #5  
Steve48
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 83
Default

Congrats, great to see this car being driven!!
Steve48 is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:06 PM
  #6  
Waxer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Waxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 3,716
Default



Actually your RS threw down faster lap times.
Waxer is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:15 PM
  #7  
n d
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by Waxer View Post


Actually your RS threw down faster lap times.
I should have been more specific, I meant straight line speed
no contest in handling!
n d is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:52 AM
  #8  
skxf430
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
skxf430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 1,231
Default

Originally Posted by sunnyr View Post
Any thoughts on how it rides compared to 997.2 GT3 and/or a GT4? Worse than both, better or in between?
Ride is very compliant for a weekend car and similar to both. Tire and road noise seems to be a bit more noticeable.
skxf430 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 04:16 AM
  #9  
hashash
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 88
Default

I agree , the ride is good but the tire and wind sound is loud . But i love the thing . Looking forward to recieving my 2rs in april.
hashash is online now  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:42 AM
  #10  
Jrtaylor9
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London / NYC
Posts: 1,901
Default

Originally Posted by sunnyr
Any thoughts on how it rides compared to 997.2 GT3 and/or a GT4? Worse than both, better or in between?
Less compliant ride and more noisy cabin than a gt4 for sure. Maybe even more than the 997.2 gt3; although I think it's just different harshness and noises and the 7.2 gt3 is the most "plush" of the 997 GT's. On a long trip, it's surprisingly stiff and lot of road noise unless the pavement is pretty smooth. To/from tracks it's noticeably much more than the 991.1 3rs imo which was nearly a limo ride and WAY more compliant than a 997.2 gt3.

Again these are all just my perceptions with some space between all of the mentioned cars except I have taken a 997.1 RS and 991.2 RS out "back-to-back". It's an amazingly fun car. It's not a great distance/road car unless u r on some smooth-as-glass pavement for most of it.
Jrtaylor9 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:55 PM
  #11  
sunnyr
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sunnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,136
Default

Originally Posted by skxf430 View Post
Ride is very compliant for a weekend car and similar to both. Tire and road noise seems to be a bit more noticeable.
Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9 View Post
Less compliant ride and more noisy cabin than a gt4 for sure. Maybe even more than the 997.2 gt3; although I think it's just different harshness and noises and the 7.2 gt3 is the most "plush" of the 997 GT's. On a long trip, it's surprisingly stiff and lot of road noise unless the pavement is pretty smooth. To/from tracks it's noticeably much more than the 991.1 3rs imo which was nearly a limo ride and WAY more compliant than a 997.2 gt3.

Again these are all just my perceptions with some space between all of the mentioned cars except I have taken a 997.1 RS and 991.2 RS out "back-to-back". It's an amazingly fun car. It's not a great distance/road car unless u r on some smooth-as-glass pavement for most of it.
Thanks guys for the input on how the .2 RS rides. When I got my GT4, I was surprised how civil it was compared to the 7.2 GT3. Was great for daily driving, but also felt it took away a little bit of the specialness for a weekend car. Kind of felt the same with 991.2 GT3, albeit it was a short drive. Hoping the RS infuses some of the mojoe back.
sunnyr is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 07:47 PM
  #12  
boca928s
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
boca928s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: long island NY
Posts: 25
Default

if you could only have one... 570s? or the gt3rs?
boca928s is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 08:07 PM
  #13  
Itzkirb
Super User
 
Itzkirb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SF Bay Area (East Bay)
Posts: 2,403
Default

That's awesome. Can't wait to take mine on a long drive.
Itzkirb is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 01:11 AM
  #14  
n d
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by boca928s View Post
if you could only have one... 570s? or the gt3rs?
there is no comparison I would keep the Porsche all day!
n d is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: