Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my LWB Pepita inserts from P1Designs!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 09:20 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
Awesome! Some good pictures and ideas here. I'm picking up a Miami Blue RS with yellow stitching/seat belts today, thinking about doing some inserts for it. Just plain black/white, or any ideas what else might look good?
Hi reacher,

Depending on how bold you want to go, I think this would look fantastic!

-
Porsche Speedster & 918 Spyder

- Recaro Pole Position Seats

Featured Options:
- Integrated Lumbar Support (inflatable)
- Memory Foam
Old 02-13-2019, 09:21 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bli8
Do you or will you offer a rewrap option on customers' inserts from your swatch of fabrics at a lower cost? BTW I have 4 way seats incoming on my GT3T and looking to go with either houndstooth or pepita.
Bruce,

Thank you for your interest, but the design of the 4 way seats is different than the LWB seats, and our inserts won’t work with your 4 ways.

Regards, Kim
Old 02-14-2019, 05:28 PM
gt3touring
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by P1Designs
Hi Jim,

Hopefully you’ve received the swatches I sent. I think a simple answer regarding the white is, it depends on how you use your car. Leisurely = less chance of getting dirty. Lots of track time = greater chance. Fortunately, all of our seat inserts are scotchgarded for added durability.

Regarding the memory foam, we are using top quality memory foam that is used in commercial grade memory foam mattresses with proven performance. To date, we’ve had nothing but positive feedback.

Thanks,
Kim
I had Kim custom make me the Pepita inserts with the additional memory foam to keep my wife happy on longer trips. Just did a drive from Central California to Los Angeles, about 4 hours and the improvement was significant! My right leg used to get numb after 2 hours of driving with the LWBS, but I was pretty comfy and didn't have the usual numbness. The memory foam also did a better job of contouring to my lumbar area for the backrest.

It's similar to a pillow top mattress, soft on the top 1 inch with the firmer support below so you're not just sinking into the foam.

BTW, Kim and her husband are an absolute pleasure to deal with! Very responsive to all my requests and always thinking about ways to improve based on my feedback. Not to mention the quality of their product is top notch! I'd say they are on par if not better than the factory inserts.

The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (12-09-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 01:09 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

That is one nice looking interior Randy-beautiful.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:59 AM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi reacher,

Depending on how bold you want to go, I think this would look fantastic!

This plaid is amazing. Perhaps in my Irish green touring...
Old 02-15-2019, 11:19 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Just pulled the trigger.

Going with the Black and White Houndstooth with the memory foam. The swatch that was sent really feels of great quality.

I think the price point pretty darn sharp also and can swap back and forth between OEM when it suits me.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:45 AM
SamG
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3touring
I had Kim custom make me the Pepita inserts with the additional memory foam to keep my wife happy on longer trips. Just did a drive from Central California to Los Angeles, about 4 hours and the improvement was significant! My right leg used to get numb after 2 hours of driving with the LWBS, but I was pretty comfy and didn't have the usual numbness. The memory foam also did a better job of contouring to my lumbar area for the backrest.

It's similar to a pillow top mattress, soft on the top 1 inch with the firmer support below so you're not just sinking into the foam.

BTW, Kim and her husband are an absolute pleasure to deal with! Very responsive to all my requests and always thinking about ways to improve based on my feedback. Not to mention the quality of their product is top notch! I'd say they are on par if not better than the factory inserts.
I had the exact same problem with my right leg cramping up after 2hrs. I just placed an order for a set with the memory foam option also. Interesting that I never had that problem in my '16RS with PDK, maybe because I have the seat moved up closer with the manual is causing the leg cramps. Hope this solves the problem.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:31 PM
Matrog
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Memory Foam

Is it covering the entire area beneath the bottom cushion or just the rear 1/3'ish ? Is it up against the fabric or at the bottom of the existing foam cushion ?

I am going to experiment with a 1/2" thick piece and wondered what works best.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2019, 07:49 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matrog
Is it covering the entire area beneath the bottom cushion or just the rear 1/3'ish ? Is it up against the fabric or at the bottom of the existing foam cushion ?

I am going to experiment with a 1/2" thick piece and wondered what works best.

Thanks
Hi Matrog,

Great questions! The 1” memory foam covers the entire bottom cushion and back cushion, and is placed between our foam inserts and the new seat covers.

Thanks!
Kim
Old 02-15-2019, 09:00 PM
Matrog
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Question Memory Foam

Hi Matrog,

Great questions! The 1” memory foam covers the entire bottom cushion and back cushion, and is placed between our foam inserts and the new seat covers.

Thanks!
Kim
Interesting. Do you add extra fabric to the seat cover to account for the extra thickness or do you shave the existing pad down to account for the extra width ?

Thank you for your help.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:33 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys for the input. Ordered my red-white-black pepita for my car today with extra foam. Looking forward to posting a snap when they come in.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:47 AM
gt3touring
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Interesting. Do you add extra fabric to the seat cover to account for the extra thickness or do you shave the existing pad down to account for the extra width ?

Thank you for your help.
I'm not sure of the actual measurement, but it doesn't feel a whole lot thicker than the stock foam cushions. You feel the initial thickness, but because the memory foam contours to your body, you don't feel like you're sitting on a thick piece of foam.

The main winner for me is that I don't feel that it takes away from the driving experience of the LWBS. One of wonderful things I like about the LWBS is you feel the tiny vibrations from the road and motor, especially when climbing up to 9k...all those sensations are still there. That was something I was a little worried about, but it's all positives! For anyone looking for just a little more comfort, these certainly do the trick!
Old 02-16-2019, 08:02 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt3touring
I'm not sure of the actual measurement, but it doesn't feel a whole lot thicker than the stock foam cushions. You feel the initial thickness, but because the memory foam contours to your body, you don't feel like you're sitting on a thick piece of foam.

The main winner for me is that I don't feel that it takes away from the driving experience of the LWBS. One of wonderful things I like about the LWBS is you feel the tiny vibrations from the road and motor, especially when climbing up to 9k...all those sensations are still there. That was something I was a little worried about, but it's all positives! For anyone looking for just a little more comfort, these certainly do the trick!
well you certainly sold me on them....!
Old 02-16-2019, 09:02 AM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you for your help.
Hi Matrog,

In order to avoid compressing the 1" memory foam and eliminating the benefit, you have to increase the height of the seat insert, and as a result we modify our covers specifically to accommodate the memory foam. As gt3touring commented, the benefit of the memory is how it contours to the body, which necessitates the need for the foam to be in an uncompressed state when you initially sit on the seat.

Thanks!
Kim
Old 02-16-2019, 09:57 AM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by reacher
Awesome! Some good pictures and ideas here. I'm picking up a Miami Blue RS with yellow stitching/seat belts today, thinking about doing some inserts for it. Just plain black/white, or any ideas what else might look good?
Hi reacher,

Here is another option for you to consider:

Quick Reply: Just installed my LWB Pepita inserts from P1Designs!