Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my LWB Pepita inserts from P1Designs!

Old 02-11-2019, 12:35 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=P1Designs;15629701]
Hi Needmoregarage,

Thank you for your interest, however, we do not offer the foam and the covers separately.

I like the fabric in the picture you attached, and if interested, we have access to a number of automotive fabrics that could compliment the color combination of your GT4. Take a look at our website for a sample of the fabrics available, and examples of some of our customers’ seats. One of the examples is a picture of a Black/White/Red Tartan in our Agate Grey GT4 (with grey stitching verses your red).

Regards - Kim

I have a 981 Spyder in GT Silver and classic garnet red interior with red LWBS. Any pics with these seat? Trying to determine best combo.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

Can someone please chime in with some opinion - as I don't want to miss an opportunity here. I am going Pepita - with extra foam for my aging frame......and I THINK black white...but I have red belts and red stitching in my Black Touring with steel (red) calipers and a red porsche rocker logo....so simple question is, am I missing an opportunity to zip up my interior to Black-Red Pepita or three colour Black-White- Red? Feel free to tell me I am way overthinking this....
Old 02-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Patrick Bateman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Can someone please chime in with some opinion - as I don't want to miss an opportunity here. I am going Pepita - with extra foam for my aging frame......and I THINK black white...but I have red belts and red stitching in my Black Touring with steel (red) calipers and a red porsche rocker logo....so simple question is, am I missing an opportunity to zip up my interior to Black-Red Pepita or three colour Black-White- Red? Feel free to tell me I am way overthinking this....
I don't think you can go wrong with either. For me I also have red stitching, red calipers, red steering wheel marker and I wanted something that would tie it all together and it did exactly that! Kim can always work with you sending you different samples until you are 100% happy! Good luck and post pictures when it's all done!
Old 02-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

I would tie it all together with a little red in the Pepita
Old 02-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check - yes, way over thinking this!!
Personally I'd definitely go black/white/red.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,308 Likes on 561 Posts

Another vote for black-white-red!
Old 02-12-2019, 08:04 AM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=NelsonF;15631126]
Originally Posted by P1Designs
Hi Needmoregarage,

Thank you for your interest, however, we do not offer the foam and the covers separately.

I like the fabric in the picture you attached, and if interested, we have access to a number of automotive fabrics that could compliment the color combination of your GT4. Take a look at our website for a sample of the fabrics available, and examples of some of our customers’ seats. One of the examples is a picture of a Black/White/Red Tartan in our Agate Grey GT4 (with grey stitching verses your red).

Regards - Kim

I have a 981 Spyder in GT Silver and classic garnet red interior with red LWBS. Any pics with these seat? Trying to determine best combo.
NelsonF

For pictures of LWB with red leather, if you GOOGLE “black white red Pepita Spyder” you will see a few examples.

One of the most striking examples uses the Red/Black/White Pepita.

Regards - Kim
-
Porsche Speedster & 918 Spyder

- Recaro Pole Position Seats

Featured Options:
- Integrated Lumbar Support (inflatable)
- Memory Foam
Old 02-13-2019, 07:54 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Couple of questions:

I have concerns putting White on a seat cover. Will these stain or for some one who drives all summer with Windows open will the dust that settles in my car give me reason for concern?

Also- the 1 inch memory foam; which I would have serious interest if I pull the trigger, should one have any long term concerns??. For example- over time would they develop any permanent creases ect

Thanks
Old 02-13-2019, 09:07 AM
tstafford
Rennlist Member

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

Another vote for Black-Red-White.

I ordered the Black-White Pepita only because I have zero red in my car. Miami Blue, PCCB and standard belts/stitching. If I had red calipers I think I would have gone the other way on the inserts. IMO the red adds a good bit to the look.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by tstafford
Another vote for Black-Red-White.

I ordered the Black-White Pepita only because I have zero red in my car. Miami Blue, PCCB and standard belts/stitching. If I had red calipers I think I would have gone the other way on the inserts. IMO the red adds a good bit to the look.
Would love to see pictures when you install.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:20 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

My black touring

Red interior
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2019, 12:31 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome! Some good pictures and ideas here. I'm picking up a Miami Blue RS with yellow stitching/seat belts today, thinking about doing some inserts for it. Just plain black/white, or any ideas what else might look good?
Old 02-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Patrick Bateman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
My black touring

Red interior
Nice that looks amazing!!!

Originally Posted by reacher
Awesome! Some good pictures and ideas here. I'm picking up a Miami Blue RS with yellow stitching/seat belts today, thinking about doing some inserts for it. Just plain black/white, or any ideas what else might look good?
I think black/white pepita on a MB car with yellow accents would look amazing!
Old 02-13-2019, 07:39 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by P1Designs
Roger SF,

Our foam is fire retardant automotive upholstery foam of similar density and firmness to the original. Our 991 LWB seat cushions are professionally sculpted using a computer automated manufacturing process to ensure quality and consistency. It actually took us 6 months and two different vendors to develop the prototype that met our standards.

We have a set in our GT4, as do a number of customers without any signs of deterioration. Given the source of our foam, we are confident in its durability.

As an option, we have recently incorporated a 1 inch memory foam into the seat and backrest with very good feedback from a customer who wanted to minimize the toll on his back during long drives.

Feel free to call or PM if you would like to discuss our foam cushions further.

Kim

Do you or will you offer a rewrap option on customers' inserts from your swatch of fabrics at a lower cost? BTW I have 4 way seats incoming on my GT3T and looking to go with either houndstooth or pepita.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:09 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Couple of questions:

I have concerns putting White on a seat cover. Will these stain or for some one who drives all summer with Windows open will the dust that settles in my car give me reason for concern?

Also- the 1 inch memory foam; which I would have serious interest if I pull the trigger, should one have any long term concerns??. For example- over time would they develop any permanent creases ect

Thanks
Hi Jim,

Hopefully you’ve received the swatches I sent. I think a simple answer regarding the white is, it depends on how you use your car. Leisurely = less chance of getting dirty. Lots of track time = greater chance. Fortunately, all of our seat inserts are scotchgarded for added durability.

Regarding the memory foam, we are using top quality memory foam that is used in commercial grade memory foam mattresses with proven performance. To date, we’ve had nothing but positive feedback.

Thanks,
Kim
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (12-09-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just installed my LWB Pepita inserts from P1Designs!