Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my LWB Pepita inserts from P1Designs!

Old 02-09-2019, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

That looks fantastic!
Old 02-09-2019, 11:15 PM
roger sf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you comment on the quality of the foam inserts that come with the set? How much have you used them? How does the density and comfort compare to the OEM foam inserts?
Old 02-10-2019, 10:04 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had my seat inserts from P1 Designs form than a year. You can tell the difference from the OEM. Great people to deal with and honest. The price is best for the quality you and service, They are great for track use I am in Texas and it gets hots and with these insets you notice a big difference during the hitters months the insert breath better. They make your interior so munch better than the stocks stripes.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:25 AM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I’ve searched online how their yellow/black houndstooth would look, but no luck, I’m concerned it my be a bit much as I’m trying to pair it up w/ yellow seat belts. May just go w/ the black/white version.
Does anyone have any pics with the yellow/black houndstooth installed?
Thanks!
JB
Old 02-10-2019, 10:58 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Check the P1Designs website again. I saw a yellow and black on the website.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:11 AM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by csfastp
Check the P1Designs website again. I saw a yellow and black on the website.
I found the swath example, but I’m not seeing a full seat. Are you seeing a full seat completed? I’m on an iPhone too, which may have less access to their site too..
Thanks
JB
Old 02-10-2019, 11:50 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk

I found the swath example, but I’m not seeing a full seat. Are you seeing a full seat completed? I’m on an iPhone too, which may have less access to their site too..
Thanks
JB
If you look under "Customer Seats" and scroll through the photos you can find two seats that are Yellow/Black Houndstooth. Not great photos, but they are there.

I have deviated yellow stitching and trying to decide what would look best. Love this idea for sure.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:56 AM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk

Thanks
JB
Hi John Belk,

The yellow and black houndstooth looks fantastic with the yellow belts. There is a picture or two of the combination in the “customers seats” section of the website. If you are interested, we could also cover the door pull nylon in the same yellow and black houndstooth for an added custom touch.

Give us a call or send a PM to discuss the details.

Kim
-
Porsche Speedster & 918 Spyder

- Recaro Pole Position Seats

Featured Options:
- Integrated Lumbar Support (inflatable)
- Memory Foam
Old 02-10-2019, 12:18 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrett
Looks fantastic! I met her husband at Daytona a couple weeks ago. I am very impressed with their product and company. Just wish they could do something for the 4 ways as that's what I am going with on my GT3T.
Same here, but for 18 ways....
Old 02-10-2019, 12:40 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,308 Likes on 561 Posts

Do you offer the covers without the foam?
I did a DIY and while happy with the results I know they won’t hold up long term as it’s not automotive fabric.

I was EXTREMELY careful extracting the OEM alcantara covers as to not disturb the Velcro.

Is the cover minus the cushion an option? I wasn’t thrilled with the fabric choices at the store.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:43 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by roger sf
Can you comment on the quality of the foam inserts that come with the set? How much have you used them? How does the density and comfort compare to the OEM foam inserts?
Roger SF,

Our foam is fire retardant automotive upholstery foam of similar density and firmness to the original. Our 991 LWB seat cushions are professionally sculpted using a computer automated manufacturing process to ensure quality and consistency. It actually took us 6 months and two different vendors to develop the prototype that met our standards.

We have a set in our GT4, as do a number of customers without any signs of deterioration. Given the source of our foam, we are confident in its durability.

As an option, we have recently incorporated a 1 inch memory foam into the seat and backrest with very good feedback from a customer who wanted to minimize the toll on his back during long drives.

Feel free to call or PM if you would like to discuss our foam cushions further.

Kim
Old 02-10-2019, 07:18 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by needmoregarage

Do you offer the covers without the foam?
I did a DIY and while happy with the results I know they won’t hold up long term as it’s not automotive fabric.

I was EXTREMELY careful extracting the OEM alcantara covers as to not disturb the Velcro.

Is the cover minus the cushion an option? I wasn’t thrilled with the fabric choices at the store.
Hi Needmoregarage,

Thank you for your interest, however, we do not offer the foam and the covers separately.

I like the fabric in the picture you attached, and if interested, we have access to a number of automotive fabrics that could compliment the color combination of your GT4. Take a look at our website for a sample of the fabrics available, and examples of some of our customers’ seats. One of the examples is a picture of a Black/White/Red Tartan in our Agate Grey GT4 (with grey stitching verses your red).

Regards - Kim

Old 02-11-2019, 06:43 AM
goldberg
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,308 Likes on 561 Posts

OP - your car & seats look great!

Thanks Kim. I’ll check the web site.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Patrick Bateman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you! Couldn't be happier with my new look interior. On a white car, it really pops. Now I just need the salt and potholes to go away so I can take her out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just installed my LWB Pepita inserts from P1Designs!