Just installed my LWB Pepita inserts from P1Designs! - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Reload this Page >

Just installed my LWB Pepita inserts from P1Designs!

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Just installed my LWB Pepita inserts from P1Designs!

Old 02-10-2019, 12:10 AM
Addict
Rennlist Member

That looks fantastic!
Old 02-10-2019, 12:15 AM
roger sf
Addict
Rennlist Member

Can you comment on the quality of the foam inserts that come with the set? How much have you used them? How does the density and comfort compare to the OEM foam inserts?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:04 AM
csfastp
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have had my seat inserts from P1 Designs form than a year. You can tell the difference from the OEM. Great people to deal with and honest. The price is best for the quality you and service, They are great for track use I am in Texas and it gets hots and with these insets you notice a big difference during the hitters months the insert breath better. They make your interior so munch better than the stocks stripes.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:25 AM
John Belk
User

Iíve searched online how their yellow/black houndstooth would look, but no luck, Iím concerned it my be a bit much as Iím trying to pair it up w/ yellow seat belts. May just go w/ the black/white version.
Does anyone have any pics with the yellow/black houndstooth installed?
Thanks!
JB
Old 02-10-2019, 11:58 AM
csfastp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Check the P1Designs website again. I saw a yellow and black on the website.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 PM
John Belk
User

Originally Posted by csfastp View Post
Check the P1Designs website again. I saw a yellow and black on the website.
I found the swath example, but Iím not seeing a full seat. Are you seeing a full seat completed? Iím on an iPhone too, which may have less access to their site too..
Thanks
JB
Old 02-10-2019, 12:50 PM
iammacey
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John Belk View Post

I found the swath example, but Iím not seeing a full seat. Are you seeing a full seat completed? Iím on an iPhone too, which may have less access to their site too..
Thanks
JB
If you look under "Customer Seats" and scroll through the photos you can find two seats that are Yellow/Black Houndstooth. Not great photos, but they are there.

I have deviated yellow stitching and trying to decide what would look best. Love this idea for sure.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:56 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by John Belk View Post

Thanks
JB
Hi John Belk,

The yellow and black houndstooth looks fantastic with the yellow belts. There is a picture or two of the combination in the “customers seats” section of the website. If you are interested, we could also cover the door pull nylon in the same yellow and black houndstooth for an added custom touch.

Give us a call or send a PM to discuss the details.

Kim

Check out our fabric selections: Fabric Selections

www.P1Designs.com
Dallas, Texas
214-304-0783
Old 02-10-2019, 01:18 PM
1Gunner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbrett View Post
Looks fantastic! I met her husband at Daytona a couple weeks ago. I am very impressed with their product and company. Just wish they could do something for the 4 ways as that's what I am going with on my GT3T.
Same here, but for 18 ways....
Old 02-10-2019, 01:40 PM
needmoregarage
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do you offer the covers without the foam?
I did a DIY and while happy with the results I know they wonít hold up long term as itís not automotive fabric.

I was EXTREMELY careful extracting the OEM alcantara covers as to not disturb the Velcro.

Is the cover minus the cushion an option? I wasnít thrilled with the fabric choices at the store.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:43 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by roger sf View Post
Can you comment on the quality of the foam inserts that come with the set? How much have you used them? How does the density and comfort compare to the OEM foam inserts?
Roger SF,

Our foam is fire retardant automotive upholstery foam of similar density and firmness to the original. Our 991 LWB seat cushions are professionally sculpted using a computer automated manufacturing process to ensure quality and consistency. It actually took us 6 months and two different vendors to develop the prototype that met our standards.

We have a set in our GT4, as do a number of customers without any signs of deterioration. Given the source of our foam, we are confident in its durability.

As an option, we have recently incorporated a 1 inch memory foam into the seat and backrest with very good feedback from a customer who wanted to minimize the toll on his back during long drives.

Feel free to call or PM if you would like to discuss our foam cushions further.

Kim

www.P1Designs.com
Dallas, Texas
214-304-0783
Old 02-10-2019, 08:18 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by needmoregarage View Post

Do you offer the covers without the foam?
I did a DIY and while happy with the results I know they wonít hold up long term as itís not automotive fabric.

I was EXTREMELY careful extracting the OEM alcantara covers as to not disturb the Velcro.

Is the cover minus the cushion an option? I wasnít thrilled with the fabric choices at the store.
Hi Needmoregarage,

Thank you for your interest, however, we do not offer the foam and the covers separately.

I like the fabric in the picture you attached, and if interested, we have access to a number of automotive fabrics that could compliment the color combination of your GT4. Take a look at our website for a sample of the fabrics available, and examples of some of our customers’ seats. One of the examples is a picture of a Black/White/Red Tartan in our Agate Grey GT4 (with grey stitching verses your red).

Regards - Kim

www.P1Designs.com
Dallas, Texas
214-304-0783
Old 02-11-2019, 07:43 AM
goldberg
User

Beautiful!
Old 02-11-2019, 11:12 AM
needmoregarage
Addict
Rennlist Member

OP - your car & seats look great!

Thanks Kim. I’ll check the web site.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Patrick Bateman
User

Thank you! Couldn't be happier with my new look interior. On a white car, it really pops. Now I just need the salt and potholes to go away so I can take her out!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: