Guide to BBS Magnesium Wheels for Porsche GT3, GT3RS, & GT2RS by Wheels Boutique - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Reload this Page >

Guide to BBS Magnesium Wheels for Porsche GT3, GT3RS, & GT2RS by Wheels Boutique

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Guide to BBS Magnesium Wheels for Porsche GT3, GT3RS, & GT2RS by Wheels Boutique

Old 02-13-2019, 03:32 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

All PM's replied to. Special thanks to those customers who pulled the trigger on sets. Looking forward to seeing this thread fill up with photos.

HRE's Largest Dealer in the World // ANRKY's Largest Dealer in the World // Vorsteiner's Largest Dealer
David Nussbaum // 786 249 0127 (ext.2109) // [email protected]
BBS / Forgeline / Akrapovic / iPE / TechArt / Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 02-17-2019, 11:21 AM
aaa335
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got the mags installed yesterday. Very pleased with how everything turned out. David and Wheels Boutique provided a great customer experience once again. Too early to give any driving impressions but I am happy with the aesthetics. BBS offsets are a bit more aggressive than stock so wheels sit a little more flush especially in the rears. The clean lines of the wheels and open design give a motor sport look and work well to show off the massive PCCB's. Dave had suggested the yellow lettering on BBS and he was spot on. Gives a little pop and plays well off the calipers. Everyone who picked up the wheels including myself commented on the weight. They are ridiculously light, it is really very impressive. Plus my wallet is heck of a lot lighter now too

Old 02-17-2019, 06:12 PM
gt3touring
User

Beautiful! Glad to see them on a touring. Thinking about them for my Touring too.

Any thoughts on driving feel? Do you feel the wheels move a little more responsively with the ligher unsprung weight?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:08 PM
Robert Linton
Addict
Rennlist Member

In many aftermarket products there can be debate as to which is best. In wheels, however, there is none. BBS is the finest engineered wheel you can buy.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:45 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

^ Robert took the words right out of my mouth. I am a BBS diehard
Old 02-17-2019, 11:25 PM
aaa335
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt3touring View Post
Beautiful! Glad to see them on a touring. Thinking about them for my Touring too.

Any thoughts on driving feel? Do you feel the wheels move a little more responsively with the ligher unsprung weight?
Thank you, I was able to get some seat time this afternoon. I felt that there was tangible difference in how the car handled and accelerated for sure. Turn in felt crisper and it seemed to pull harder. Of course this is the best weather we have had since I collected the car so I may have been getting after it a little more. In my experience a good light weight wheel can really transform the car, it is always my first mod.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:28 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by aaa335 View Post
Got the mags installed yesterday. Very pleased with how everything turned out. David and Wheels Boutique provided a great customer experience once again. Too early to give any driving impressions but I am happy with the aesthetics. BBS offsets are a bit more aggressive than stock so wheels sit a little more flush especially in the rears. The clean lines of the wheels and open design give a motor sport look and work well to show off the massive PCCB's. Dave had suggested the yellow lettering on BBS and he was spot on. Gives a little pop and plays well off the calipers. Everyone who picked up the wheels including myself commented on the weight. They are ridiculously light, it is really very impressive. Plus my wallet is heck of a lot lighter now too

Thank you for posting the photos here on the thread as well. We knocked it out of the park with the yellow lettering - I am glad you chose it. Many more photos to come from you and a few others who have purchased too

HRE's Largest Dealer in the World // ANRKY's Largest Dealer in the World // Vorsteiner's Largest Dealer
BBS / Forgeline / Akrapovic / iPE / TechArt / Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 02-20-2019, 06:09 PM
hashash
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robert Linton View Post
In many aftermarket products there can be debate as to which is best. In wheels, however, there is none. BBS is the finest engineered wheel you can buy.
+1
Old 03-05-2019, 06:47 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Video submitted to me by a fellow Rennlister among us

Don't wait until the summer for your BBS Mag's, we've got these available right now.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:34 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mark another set of BBS Magnesium wheels as delivered. One more happy customer added to the Wheels Boutique family.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:15 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just another set of BBS Magnesium wheels in-stock, this time the 20"//21" setup for GT3RS & GT2RS

Contact me immediately for pricing & details - [email protected]

Old 03-15-2019, 04:26 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Addict
Rennlist Member

These will go fast!
Old 03-15-2019, 05:04 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3) View Post
These will go fast!
Extremely fast but we keep them in-stock so that those who want something right away can have it

Old 03-16-2019, 10:25 AM
RennOracle
User

Originally Posted by Robert Linton View Post
Magnesium wheels yes, but there are more brands that are great or greater than bbs.
O.Z. , Braid, Speedline, Enkei, just to name a few. Braid for street wheels is the best, inexpensive, tuff as tanks, not heavy, will just not deform, brake or scratch, can be made to order easily and not very expensive for specific wheel nuts, offsets, etc. they are not very popular outside of rally world in Porsche oem sizes tho.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:41 AM
Robert Linton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Everyone is entitled to their individual opinion. For myself, I do not think that the albeit fine brands that you mention are as "great" or "greater then" BBS though some brands, e.g., HRE, definitely remind me more of the late Karl Lagerfeld rather than John Barnard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: