Sponsored by:

NO LWB Resale

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by bli8
After not liking the LWB in my '18 .2GT3, I ordered a '19 Touring w/ sofas. It is not a matter of resale for me, but whether your body type can feel comfortable enough in the LWB.
Same here. I didn’t even consider LWBs in my Touring. If I ever get an RS, however, it will have buckets as a matter of principle. Resale BS doesn’t even factor into it.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

I think the buckets hype is dying down and "sofas" are becoming more accepted for GT cars. As we see with the current GT3, 3RS and even 2RS, there is a new kind of buyer for these cars, for better or for worse. If you don't track your car regularly, I'd skip the buckets. I've had them in a couple of my GT cars and they definitely look the part but I've gone back to the 4-ways and am much happier. I don't track much and I just find the 4-ways perfect for the road. In terms of resale, i'm an "Eff re-sale!" guy but I can't imagine they make much of a difference at this point.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:58 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

The economy could crash after you purchase and it could be worthless.. As mentioned, forget about resale, buy what makes you happy and drive it to get maximum value.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:21 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 53 Posts

The difference between LWB vs. Sofas in resale will be nothing compared to depreciation on that M4

Buy what you want and enjoy it. In the grand scheme of things it won't matter much.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:01 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 86 Posts

I agree. Ignore the resale considerations. There are too many variables in preference when it comes to seats. Some are just looking for sofas; others just for LWB.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:11 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

I would recommend getting the car with equipped with the LWB whether you like them or not for the sake of resale value. If you don't like the LWB seats, take them out, store them, and get the sofa seats off ebay or on Rennlist. Personally I think they look great but not a fan for long distance driving.

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 02-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BBiAutosport
I would recommend getting the car with equipped with the LWB whether you like them or not for the sake of resale value. If you don't like the LWB seats, take them out, store them, and get the sofa seats off ebay or on Rennlist. Personally I think they look great but not a fan for long distance driving.
nonsense
Old 02-08-2019, 04:01 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

problem is you cannot retrofit sofas into a car w LWB seats due to wring harness differences, right?
Old 02-08-2019, 04:10 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

One interesting thing is a lot of people talk about the LWBS for track use, but it seems that they aren't really the best seats for use with helmet and HANS. I personally think LWBS look awesome and feel great but my sense is that real track addicts go with some other aftermarket seat.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:19 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,772 Likes on 4,772 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
One interesting thing is a lot of people talk about the LWBS for track use, but it seems that they aren't really the best seats for use with helmet and HANS. I personally think LWBS look awesome and feel great but my sense is that real track addicts go with some other aftermarket seat.
Exactly.

The LWB are a great compromise solution for those who want a nice enough daily driver seat, but something that is (partially) compatible for a track setup (i.e., harness, HANS, etc.). But like all compromises, it's compromised.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:21 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,772 Likes on 4,772 Posts

As others have said, don't let resale value drive your buying decision.

As to the perceived notion that LWBs carry higher resale value. Nonsense. The Porsche circle jerk love affair with the LWB is really a creation of Rennlist. The real world is much more rational and balanced. In other words, never believe that the vocal minority speaks for the silent majority.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
Agree and if you are using them for "track use" you should really be putting in roll cage and 6 point harness but you don't see many of them about in the real world.

My experience - I had sofas in .1 GT3 as I couldn't be bothered to wait an extra 6 months. When I came to sell it I took it to 4 dealers to give me a price and NONE of them mentioned sofas vs LWB. I asked two dealers about it and both said the same thing - we'll sell it regardless of seat type. I do think about re-sale value wrt my cars but sofas vs LWB wouldn't give me any cause for concern. The only person who will turn you down is a track junkie and they've probably already got their car so no real world worries.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Ehhh...I personally don't care either way. I have the sofas; they are cheaper and work just fine. I set up the car based on how I plan to use it; which is for pretty much for everything (from commuting to fun driving)
Old 02-08-2019, 04:44 PM
GT Venum
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
Agree and if you are using them for "track use" you should really be putting in roll cage and 6 point harness but you don't see many of them about in the real world.

My experience - I had sofas in .1 GT3 as I couldn't be bothered to wait an extra 6 months. When I came to sell it I took it to 4 dealers to give me a price and NONE of them mentioned sofas vs LWB. I asked two dealers about it and both said the same thing - we'll sell it regardless of seat type. I do think about re-sale value wrt my cars but sofas vs LWB wouldn't give me any cause for concern. The only person who will turn you down is a track junkie and they've probably already got their car so no real world worries.
I was at a dealer in a couple of weeks ago and I noticed they didn't have any cars with LWB all sofa seats. They said they only buy the sofa seats if at all possible because there is only a small market for the race seats.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

There will always be buyers passionate about either option, so you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. But likely equally so, so just buy what you like. I'd never own another Porsche without LWBs but I'm sure many are just the opposite. My only advice to anyone struggling with the decision is simply, don't make your decision after spending five minutes sitting in them in a dealership. You have to drive them both for a fair bit of time before you really have a sense of which you prefer. I sat in an RS with buckets in a dealership for a few minutes and hated them, would never have them, etc., etc. Then found a Spyder I loved with them and did all the research on selling them, swapping them, etc. Then I got the car and actually drove it around. And fell in love with them. So much support, no pain. Going back to the sofas in my Carrera was such a let down after that. Others have the exact opposite experience, you just need to find out which it really is for you.

Quick Reply: NO LWB Resale