PCA DE at Road America: May 24-26

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 03:02 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts
Default PCA DE at Road America: May 24-26

Gents,

There are a fair number of regular track rats here, and if you're into DEs, then Road America is likely on your bucket list. While it hasn't been formally announced the Chicago PCA is again hosting their DE over Memorial Day weekend for any PCA members. I am offering to "host" anyone to help with identifying places to stay, eat, local shops that can do any prep work, and any other things that you may have questions about. RA is my home track and know it and the surrounding area very well so I'm confident I can make the trip easier for those that want to attend.

Pricing is roughly $700 for all three days, but the weekend-only option exists too AFAIK. My hope would be to get those that are nearby that have never been to come out and see what it's all about, and those that have it on their to-do list to finally pull the trigger. I realize the holiday weekend is both a blessing and a curse as there could be family commitments, but having Memorial Day off would allow one to drive home that day, or one could leave Sunday after the event and have all of Monday to look back at what an awesome track it is!

While still being over three months away I wanted to post this so those that were coming could start prepping, especially if long distances are involved, or shipping a car.

I have no affiliation with the organizers (other than being a PCA member) and am not getting any kickback, but I know that the logistics and uncertainty that come with going to a new track that may be several states away can be a hurdle (I know as I looked into doing Daytona the last two years, which is 1000+ miles from where I live). I'd like to help remove some of those barriers while meeting some fellow Rennlisters.

I can update this initial post with attendees and all kinds of relevant information should this gain traction.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:09 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Bumping this back to the top as registration is now open at clubregistration.net.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:01 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Can't make it, but grew up in Wisconsin and went to all the big superbike races at RA with my dad. My grandparents owned a Honda bike franchise so I was a huge Honda fan boy. Freddie Spencer, Bubba Shobert, Miguel Duhamel, etc. Great memories!
Old 03-29-2019, 09:54 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for posting this. I'm guessing it would be difficult to rent a GT4 or even a beater out there?
Old 03-30-2019, 02:32 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

I'm not aware of any places local to the track, or even in the Chicago area that do track car rentals. I'll update the thread if I find something.

Quick Reply: PCA DE at Road America: May 24-26