Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So just got the call....GT3RS on its way!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 01:20 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by matt3rs
Disliking the look is one thing, but for those who like it, I hardly think it is a waste of money. This is one of the least expensive options you can opt for.
Genuinely interested in your spec to see what you opted for that isn't a waste of money.
agreed. Here is my spec and not one single option was a “waste”.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:28 AM
mjraval
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dejan33
So I had to come on and brag on here. I've been creeping the forum for 3 years, following allocation trends and rumours. To finally getting the call on Monday. Build slot for April delivery.

Only question I have is...I sent in my spec without PCCB...did I make a mistake there? I see that over 80% are ordering GT3RS with PCCB, but having driven other Porsches without PCCB I feel like I don't need the PCCB option. Especially at that price. Am I making a huge mistake? Here is my full spec for you all to critique and dissect.
I got a very similar spec in BC except I got the steels. I had PCCB on my .1RS and with extensive tracking I cringed toward the end of ownership with every hard braking corner because I knew it was only a matter of time for those carbon rotors (may as well be diamond for the cost). So I switched over to steels for my new .2RS build. I'm going to switch over to 19 inch wheels and tires right away which is much better for tracking anyway.

I also specced with WP knowing that zero performance gain but damn, black mohawk hood/roof/wing and black PDLS looks goooooood! I specced the car I want to drive, not the one I want to sell, so I also got leather and alcantara upgrades inside, Bose and big fuel tank for the drive to and from the track, Sport Chrono because I've actually got PTPA working decently for my home track. It also seems for at least trade in, PCCB didn't make much difference. The steels and 19 inch wheels means I can spend the extra dough on replacement pads rotors and tires and still come out ahead.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:20 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Dot23RS

Mine feels like a stripper at $245,300 now! haha.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:37 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
Mine feels like a stripper at $245,300 now! haha.
Haha, don’t feel bad. Mine is the most expensive 3RS in the US to date. I had no clue. I just ordered what I wanted and didn’t want to regret not having an option. (I tried and tried for mag wheels, didn’t happen)

Last edited by Dot23RS; 02-08-2019 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:43 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjraval
I got a very similar spec in BC except I got the steels. I had PCCB on my .1RS and with extensive tracking I cringed toward the end of ownership with every hard braking corner because I knew it was only a matter of time for those carbon rotors (may as well be diamond for the cost). So I switched over to steels for my new .2RS build. I'm going to switch over to 19 inch wheels and tires right away which is much better for tracking anyway.

I also specced with WP knowing that zero performance gain but damn, black mohawk hood/roof/wing and black PDLS looks goooooood! I specced the car I want to drive, not the one I want to sell, so I also got leather and alcantara upgrades inside, Bose and big fuel tank for the drive to and from the track, Sport Chrono because I've actually got PTPA working decently for my home track. It also seems for at least trade in, PCCB didn't make much difference. The steels and 19 inch wheels means I can spend the extra dough on replacement pads rotors and tires and still come out ahead.
So jealous of the BC roads. Always wanted to bring the car over to Vancouver but never have enough time to stay there to justify the cost of shipping it back and forth.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Dejan33
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is the final spec. Not changing it again!

Old 02-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

OP, maybe I missed something but did your dealer confirm the painted/unpainted hood issue?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Dejan33
Track Day

Originally Posted by Haku
OP, maybe I missed something but did your dealer confirm the painted/unpainted hood issue?

Yes he did. The carbon hood is available. I just decided against the package to keep MSRP down. I originally started with a GT3 allocation that never came, so this was already a substantial jump in price.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by matt3rs
Hey man, you're preaching to the choir. I only said "maybe" to give those who hate on the PCCB a little something to stand on.
snowflakes are a waste of time (the lib ones not the real ones).
👍 Zactly
Old 02-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Yes he did. The carbon hood is available. I just decided against the package to keep MSRP down. I originally started with a GT3 allocation that never came, so this was already a substantial jump in price.
Thank you for the info. Congratulations on your final spec.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:56 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Congrats! April is a great time for delivery!

Which dealer?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:54 PM
Dejan33
Track Day

Originally Posted by SToronto
Congrats! April is a great time for delivery!

Which dealer?
Thank you!

Pfaff.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:47 AM
incredibleb
AutoX

Originally Posted by Dot23RS

Very nice build!
Old 02-09-2019, 03:25 AM
matt3rs
Advanced

Thank you!

Pfaff.
who's your sales guy?
Heard Pfaff is probably hardest to get allocation. Have to be long time customer or had a lot of cars from them. Is that true? Congrats again on your allocation.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:58 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Wes: Did you have to re-sharpen your pencil halfway through checking all those boxes? Whoa.
Killer build. I do love the WP with Chaulk👍

OP: I would have made the same choices except I would change to white dials and leave Chrono black. ..but it’s your car and everyone likes something different.

. My wife still says I’m an idiot for not sticking with MB.

Quick Reply: So just got the call....GT3RS on its way!