Old 02-06-2019, 08:56 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Extended storage lift

Hey all...

Does anyone experience with this lift:

https://www.autostacker.com/

I was interested in a BendPak four-post, however, the garage height in our new house will not work. The Auto Stacker will work for my application; thus interested in opinions of anyone who owns one.

Tnx
Old 02-06-2019, 09:05 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Search Garage lifts in this forum. Lots of discussion on these. There was a couple people that were happy with auto stacker. I ended up buying Challenger 4 poster lift because it didn't need air compressor like Bendback. My total ceiling height with 2 Porsche's is around 9' as well.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:20 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by joejenie
Search Garage lifts in this forum. Lots of discussion on these. There was a couple people that were happy with auto stacker. I ended up buying Challenger 4 poster lift because it didn't need air compressor like Bendback. My total ceiling height with 2 Porsche's is around 9' as well.
Thanks... I'll look at the Challenger as well.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:19 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,114 Likes on 727 Posts

Not much out there on the stacker. New product for them within last year or so. I tried to find reviews last summer. A few guys on here got them late last summer and into fall. Don't recall thread you'll have to search. I raised my trusses and went with HD9.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:38 PM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...pressions.html
Old 02-08-2019, 09:17 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by SToronto
Not much out there on the stacker. New product for them within last year or so. I tried to find reviews last summer. A few guys on here got them late last summer and into fall. Don't recall thread you'll have to search. I raised my trusses and went with HD9.
My calculations indicate I will have 1.5-2 inches to spare going with the HD9. Do you find you are able to adjust the locks within the range specified in their critical clearance doc below? i.e my M2C is 56", therefore I need to adjust 58.1"- 59.8". If I can screw down the ramp lock to 58.1" clearance, I should have 63.1" on the top of the drive on upper ramp. I add 50" for the GT3 and I should have 4.5" to spare. f I understand correctly, I need 3" so the upper ramp can move past the lock and lower onto said lock; thoughts?

https://www.bendpak.com/HD-9-Series-...ce-Heights.pdf
Old 02-08-2019, 09:53 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,114 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
My calculations indicate I will have 1.5-2 inches to spare going with the HD9. Do you find you are able to adjust the locks within the range specified in their critical clearance doc below? i.e my M2C is 56", therefore I need to adjust 58.1"- 59.8". If I can screw down the ramp lock to 58.1" clearance, I should have 63.1" on the top of the drive on upper ramp. I add 50" for the GT3 and I should have 4.5" to spare. f I understand correctly, I need 3" so the upper ramp can move past the lock and lower onto said lock; thoughts?

https://www.bendpak.com/HD-9-Series-...ce-Heights.pdf
I haven't had the need to adjust the locks yet. You need at least 2" above the lock to lower the car to the ground. When raising the car you pass a safety lock and then lower to the nearest lock. So depending which lock you want to use and clearance, you'll need to ensure at least 2" again. For comfort more room is better of course because it's not a precision instrument and wouldn't want to make contact with the garage ceiling. I have an exposed ceiling and added 12" headspace by modifying a few trusses around the cars greenhouse. This way that portion can tuck into the "ceiling". I didn't do all trusses purely as a cost savings measure as this is a stop gap until we move soon.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:24 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

I haven't had the need to adjust the locks yet. You need at least 2" above the lock to lower the car to the ground. When raising the car you pass a safety lock and then lower to the nearest lock. So depending which lock you want to use and clearance, you'll need to ensure at least 2" again. For comfort more room is better of course because it's not a precision instrument and wouldn't want to make contact with the garage ceiling. I have an exposed ceiling and added 12" headspace by modifying a few trusses around the cars greenhouse. This way that portion can tuck into the "ceiling". I didn't do all trusses purely as a cost savings measure as this is a stop gap until we move soon.
I agree with this. You could cut the trusses and put a coffered ceiling in the area where the roof of the car is. Would be cheap to do in comparison with getting a much more expensive lift. My bet is you can cut and fix the trusses and paint and sheetrock for less than $1000-1500 .
Old 02-08-2019, 01:21 PM
911dev
Drifting

Thank you.

Originally Posted by joejenie
I agree with this. You could cut the trusses and put a coffered ceiling in the area where the roof of the car is. Would be cheap to do in comparison with getting a much more expensive lift. My bet is you can cut and fix the trusses and paint and sheetrock for less than $1000-1500 .
Good to know.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Happy with my bendpak two car double wide.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:25 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by Buteo
Happy with my bendpak two car double wide.

sweet, nice stable!
Old 02-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

are these lift setups seismically rated for california?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:17 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
are these lift setups seismically rated for california?

yes, in that you would bolt yours to the floor; according to BendPak.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:57 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Going under contract next week

https://americanautopark.com/clearspan/

Did a lot of research..for parking lift it's the best made / hands down

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Extended storage lift