Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Antigravity Batteries NEW GROUND BREAKING LITHIUM BATTERY (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1127699-antigravity-batteries-new-ground-breaking-lithium-battery.html)

Antigravity 02-05-2019 12:57 AM

Antigravity Batteries NEW GROUND BREAKING LITHIUM BATTERY

Hi All,

Scott from Antigravity Batteries, I wanted to drop some information on our NEWEST Lithium Batteries... yes they are actually ground-breaking.

– We wanted to make the new battery accessible for more Vehicles and Customers. We found many people just wanted the EXACT SIZE that fit in their car. So that is what we did, the new batteries are a DIRECT OEM FIT. Meaning it is the same size as your stock battery, so you will not need a special tray or any other adapters or modifications to mount them. Being this is a GT3 Forum you guys will mostly ever be concerned with the H6/Group48 size battery. So we did that size and also the H5 and H7. Plus we will have Group 35 ,and Group 51 and expand out from there. But the "H" sizes are used in most all the Porsches, and other Euro Sports Cars including BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.... so these will fit them all.

– We have also made the batteries available in different amp hours. The Amp Hours Capacities available for the H6/Group48 model are 24Ah, 30Ah, and 40Ah. By offering different amp hours the Customer can choose a battery that is more tailored to what they are looking for. For example people who track and want the lightest weight possible might want the 24Ah (9.5lbs), a person who wants to have a solid Ah yet still benefit substantially from Lightweight can go with a 30Ah (11.5lbs) and a person who might have some Cameras, Radar Detectors and other stuff on the Car might want a 40Ah Battery (16lbs) TT Guys or SUV guys. Keep in mind if you use a 24Ah battery you will not have as much time that the car can sit in storage compared to a 40Ah model.

– SUPER COOL NEW FEATURE ALERT!!! So one of the ULTRA-COOL items we developed into this latest battery (yep, first in the world) is a WIRELESS KEYFOB REMOTE that is used to operate our RE-START built in Jump-Starting feature. If you are not familiar with our RE-START feature, its basically a built-in jump starting for the battery, so in the event you ever come back to a dead battery you can awaken the battery with the Keyfob and start the car and drive off. So in effect you would never be stranded with a dead battery.

- OK, let me set this up.... wait for it.......... Antigravity raises its arms in Triumph, applause from the smiling Porsche enthusiast crowd, some Unicorns dancing off to the side.... and states...... " WITH THIS KEYFOB, YOU WON"T EVER BE LOCKED OUT OF YOUR FRUNK AGAIN!" crowd goes wild... fade to black. Ok, so maybe not so exciting for some of you, but it is a big deal for some of us. . First day I got my GT3, on a battery swap I locked myself out of the frunk and cursed how stupid it was to have to go to the Fuse Panel and energize the car to open the frunk, so with the new Keyfob just press the button on the Keyfob, the Battery then awakens and energizes your car to be ready for a Start or you can just open the Frunk.

- Weight of the Batteries H6/Group48 Case @24Ah is 9.8 lbs , H6/Group48 Case @30Ah is (11.5lbs) , H6/Group48 Case @40Ah is (16.5.5lbs).

-Availability.... finished production will be at the end of February we expect to be shipping in first week of March. We are initially doing the 24Ah and 40Ah models, the 30Ah Version will not be in until April. I currently have 10 pieces of H6 @24Ah models and 10 pieces of H6 @ 40Ah that we have used to take pictures, and develop Marketing materials, some we will be sent Industry people, but unfortunately that is not enough to openly sell them yet. So early March if not a week before we can start shipping.

-Pricing... The prices will range from $679 for the 24Ah Versions going up to $829.99 for the 40Ah Versions. Feel free to compare that to our competitors... we are over 1/3 to 1/2 less cost with more advanced technology, built in protections that most don't offer, and just a more realistic and reasonable price point. We might offer pre-orders starting in week, but we are trying to get a hard landing date so we can make sure we ship when we say we will.

Some pictures are below... if you have any questions please let me know.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...79a4cfd56d.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...652917c2f2.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...766851acb6.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...14267c7f9a.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...5efb70d50d.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...0ecd144540.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...b5a94fdf14.jpg

Buteo 02-05-2019 01:04 AM

Very cool and quite interested

For comparison, what’s a 2019 gt3rs battery weigh?

FourT6and2 02-05-2019 01:39 AM

This is fantastic. Great work!

BlazinPond 02-05-2019 01:44 AM

Cannot wait to order one. Thx for update.

bli8 02-05-2019 02:01 AM

What are the Cold Cranking Amp ratings of these batteries?

tstafford 02-05-2019 06:14 AM

This seems so much easier than going on a diet and losing a few lbs before my next track day!

tonymission 02-05-2019 09:31 AM

Fun marketing post, I'm interested!!

Originally Posted by Buteo (Post 15616708)

+1

Vadaredevil 02-05-2019 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by tstafford (Post 15616851)
This seems so much easier than going on a diet and losing a few lbs before my next track day!

😱🤣🤣🤣🤣

TRAKCAR 02-05-2019 09:58 AM

I can’t stop wondering what my lap time would be if I’d lose 50lbs again haha..
What’s the OEM better weigh and what’s the Ah?

Ive seen a few CEL about RWS issues with small batteries, so probably will take the bigger one.
i had a key fob in my 997 4.0 but that was radio delete.

The new one probably loses all its settings?

SanDiegoDavid 02-05-2019 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Buteo (Post 15616708)
Very cool and quite interested

46 lbs. I've been very happy with my Antigravity battery in my RS. I transferred it from .1 to .2 and its performed flawlessly. By far the most cost effective weight reduction modfication.

Nizer 02-05-2019 11:23 AM

In

Buteo 02-05-2019 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid (Post 15617252)
46 lbs. I've been very happy with my Antigravity battery in my RS. I transferred it from .1 to .2 and its performed flawlessly. By far the most cost effective weight reduction modfication.

Do you have to reset anything to the RS? Or plug and play?

no-subt2 02-05-2019 11:35 AM

I am interested but for a 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo (997.2). I would prefer a no-mod fitment with the fob. Will there be a group discount of some kind?

GrantG 02-05-2019 11:38 AM

I see that the warning label says not to charge over 14.4V. When driving my GT3, I sometimes see the dashboard voltmeter get as high as 15.0V. Is this an issue?

Antigravity 02-05-2019 01:46 PM

To Answer some questions from above....

1- Weight of Stock GT3 and GT3 RS Battery is 46 LBS. It is called an H6 aka Group 48

2- Cranking Amps related to Amp Hours- We are going to have 3 different Amp Hour Capacities of these Batteries. So a 24Ah is 900 Peak Cranking Amps, 30Ah is 1200 Peak Cranking Amps and the 40Ah is 1400 Peak Cranking Amps. But honestly, do not worry about the Cranking Amps, the start is easy for our batteries. We have 5 Amp Hour Batteries that weigh under 2 pounds that will easily start a GT3 and even V8 motors with ease. The main concern is the Amp Hour Capacity you choose. Because Amp Hours ultimately determines how long your vehicle can sit undriven and not be draining quickly. Also if you have extra accessories you want something able to provide energy to those if you are keeping your car in the garage and letting it sit for longer periods. On average you want to be able to get about 6-8 weeks of the car sitting without it over-discharging... and for the GT3s 30Ah would put you in that area. But you can also use a 24Ah battery and save massive weight if you are willing to just to review the battery more or put it on a Maintainer. Keep in mind I don't like batteries on Chargers. Unless you are storing them a long time there is no real need for constant charging ( in modern Porsches) provided you get a decent Amp Hour capacity battery. Most of you I assume drive once a month. So that is enough to keep the battery charged. I can get 7 weeks easily on my RS-30 (30Ah) battery in my 2016 GT3 RS. It is stock though and no Bluetooth chargers, Radar Detectors or Cameras on it. So I'm talking no other parasitic draws. The modern Porsche Battery Management system in the car kicks off all the Cars electronics very well and it can sit a long time without discharging the battery. But some of the Turbos and other models have a higher parasitic draw due to having more features than the GT3s for the most part.

3- Why does the lable say not to Charge over 14.4v, yet a car can go higher. Yes we say that... but don't worry, our battery can handle 15v and above short term and has over-charge protection. But the fact is we are a very conservative company and these numbers reflect what an Aftermarket Charger should not go above. So that is our rating but that is giving a half volt leeway. 15v is where damage can occur to any battery chemistry be it lead or lithium. Short -term hits of 15v are ok but you should never be consistently over 15v in you Automotive system. Most all Cars are all usually regulated at 14.8 max but there are variables within that. Actually most quality Lithium Aftermarket Chargers do not go above 14.4v. So we say that and of course we know car charging system go above that.

4-Do you have to re-set the PIWIS or is it Plug and Play? Here is where we are at with this subject. First of it is plug and play, but within that there are variable you can chose. Previously I have explained I have a GT3 RS. I have intentionally NEVER changed the PIWIS to the Lithium-Ion Setting. I have also put about 25 different batteries in and out of the car to check what would start it to test some stuff for a week and other stuff for a few months. I have never gotten a fault or code. I did not change the PIWIS intentionally because I wanted to verify on long term testing with our batteries . I have never had a flag in the vehicle to date, and I feel I have been pretty lame being I just go in there and swap out batteries without any coding or anything. Now with that being said, I have posted a bulletin regarding the Porsche Lithium Battery installation below... Keep in mind this is regarding the PORSCHE Lithium Battery, which was a very big failure with over a 60% failure rate (from discussions with Porsche Techs at 3 different dealerships). I fully understand why they would say RE-CODING is best because it appears to limit the voltage to 13.8v, and if you are constantly bouncing off 8500 RPMS racing your GT3 then it might be best to not have the Alternator/Generator putting out 14.8v. So there is some logic to it. So I cannot tell you exactly how you should do it. But Customers have reported both ways and there is seemingly no issues. And last, I think the Porsche Lithium Battery was junk. I don't care if they are Porsche, or if they hired some high-end super engineering company. They provided a battery that failed at a massively un-acceptable rate and charged a utterly ridiculous price for it. So I'm not drinking the Porsche Kool-Aid on their battery.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...fa62042b08.jpg

4- What about cold weather and Cold Cranking Amps. IF you are driving in snow or freezing weather then we only recommend the 40Ah battery. The 30Ah and 24Ah are cutting it a little close for the ability to use the RE-START feature in freezing weather. Lithium develops "resistance" in the interior of the cell when in temps in the low 30s... so the initial start attempt will be a little more sluggish if you have a very small Amp Hour battery in there. But honestly I think even the 24Ah will pretty much still easily start the car. But the issue is on a larger scale is that long term cold with such a small battery is not what we want to recommend. We want it to be a slam dunk every time if you are in freezing weather... so we can only suggest the 40Ah because we know that will have the large over-head power in the coldest of weather to get you started without issue.