991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antigravity Batteries NEW GROUND BREAKING LITHIUM BATTERY

Old 02-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So in regards to fire. Does a lithium have a higher percentage of fires compared to a traditional lead acid?
Old 02-08-2019, 12:14 AM
RRRRR
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
We have a Distributor in Aus.. but they are for the Motorcycle Batteries but they also brought in a good number of the RS-30... but I'm sure they will probably bring in some of the new line....

We do ship to Aus... but the shipping is expensive, and we can't control that. Its a Class 9 Shipment and now all the Carriers ad a surcharge.

If you are driving one a week for an Hour you will NEVER have to charge the battery. First off and hour of driving will close to fully charge most any lithium battery even if its pretty heavily discharged. Then even if it was once a month or longer in a stock car without a bunch of after market accessories you can easily let it sit that long. If you don't have to put any battery on a charger, then don't. There is no need to cycle a battery unnecessarily. Just put them on a charger if you plan to not drive for a while, or if you do have a car with excessive parasitic draws on it.
Thank you so much! May I have the disctributor's contact details?

Without a charging issue, a swap is must need! )
Old 02-08-2019, 06:08 AM
kaboobie
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I want one 40Ah plus two RS30. Please let me know how to buy them.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 975 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
OK - good to know. TBH This is the first time the battery has let me down and the bike is close to 7 years old so not that big of a surprise the battery has failed? One other question assuming parasitic draws how long do you think I could leave the Pani sitting there without it being on a trickle charger? I'm just interested if its longer than the OEM one? As you say other bikes plus other cars make saddle time on the Panigale disappear a bit.
This will really come down to the amount of parasitic draw that exists, I could guess 3-4 weeks before the sleep mode kicks in and the battery shuts off, but without knowing the actual number that could be off a little. It will also depend on what battery you end up putting in as there may sometimes be a larger capacity option to achieve a longer period. The point of the restart series though is that it shouldn't really matter(unless you have something that has to maintain memory and stay energized) as the battery still retains enough reserve energy to start the bike at least a few times when it goes into sleep mode.

Originally Posted by RRRRR
Thank you so much! May I have the disctributor's contact details?

Without a charging issue, a swap is must need! )
http://www.ctaaustralia.com.au/

Originally Posted by kaboobie
I want one 40Ah plus two RS30. Please let me know how to buy them.

Thanks
Where are you located? You can also reach out to our office and contact chad@antigravitybatteries.com with any questions.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
OK - good to know. TBH This is the first time the battery has let me down and the bike is close to 7 years old so not that big of a surprise the battery has failed? One other question assuming parasitic draws how long do you think I could leave the Pani sitting there without it being on a trickle charger? I'm just interested if its longer than the OEM one? As you say other bikes plus other cars make saddle time on the Panigale disappear a bit.
Well bluntly, the LEAD/ACID OEM battery will sit a longer period of time in the Panigale than the Lithium... the lithium has less actually AMP HOUR than the Lead...so at a low parasitic draw the Lead will sit longer... But if you are starting the bike... the Lithium would start it more times in a row. So that is where you can't really compare them apples to apples. The lihtium is more energy dense with usable high current power... the low current low amp draw the Lead will last longer because it has more actual Amp Hours..... but those amp hours would draw down much faster than lithium if you had a higher Amp draw, in which case lithium lasts longer... such as when starting and drawing larger currents.... Hope that makes sense.

The Pani I assume will do about a month with the Lithium. Being honest I have one of our Older Batteries in the Panigale.... it might even be over-discharged now but I started it about 2 months ago and all was fine. I try to start it once every two months, and it is doing that but I have a older battery with about 10Ah in it.... which is more than the Pani version we sell.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
So in regards to fire. Does a lithium have a higher percentage of fires compared to a traditional lead acid?
Though I'm answering this question... I am just assuming using common sense... no scientific data, nor is there any source to obtain this type of data, nor is it completely accurate.

In regards to a fire I would assume Lithium... just because it can go into thermal runaway when incorrectly charged, or for a few of the reasons I mentioned earlier. I can safely say is very rare, and requires a certain set of circumstances.

If you looking at broader safety... I really don't know definitely on that either... Lead can explode since it creates hydrogen when charging and if you had you hood closed and were charging and the right set of circumstances occurred you could potentially have an safety issue. It can explode also with and over-charge. Acid has leaked and destroyed many battery trays and sheet metal in older cars..othing. Lithium can potentially catch fire... but I can tell you we also have some containment measure inside our batteries... so any heat cannot readily get outside the case of the battery. The means some fire/heat proof panels on strategic areas so that any heat would not penetrate outside the case. WE have done quite a bit of testing, short-circuit attempt and more... so I'm extremely comfortable and confident in it.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:58 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

What's available for a starter battery today at Antigravity for a GT3 RS? Without having to wait weeks for the new 25ah-40ah stuff? I need something within 2 weeks, the amateur sport timed events are starting everywhere and my car is waiting for a battery for 2+ months already. I can't use the Porsche Lithium OEM from my 997.2 GT3, the 991 eats it in less than 6 hours.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by A/S
What's available for a starter battery today at Antigravity for a GT3 RS? Without having to wait weeks for the new 25ah-40ah stuff? I need something within 2 weeks, the amateur sport timed events are starting everywhere and my car is waiting for a battery for 2+ months already. I can't use the Porsche Lithium OEM from my 997.2 GT3, the 991 eats it in less than 6 hours.
I have a 40Ah in H6.... we only have a few left left now.. They are 16lbs.

But also are you saying your 991 eats the capacity off any battery, or just your porsche battery? The 991s are super good at having a low parasitic drain. Have you tested your parasitic draw, or do you have any accessories that are not stock that can be keeping the car awake or are eating energy? Just saying because most the 991 people can let the battery sit for a long time... and I'm talking the RS-30. Email me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com. I don't like this forums PMs... they are hard to deal with for me, and I always get my emails.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:00 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

But also are you saying your 991 eats the capacity off any battery, or just your porsche battery? The 991s are super good at having a low parasitic drain. Have you tested your parasitic draw, or do you have any accessories that are not stock that can be keeping the car awake or are eating energy? Just saying because most the 991 people can let the battery sit for a long time... and I'm talking the RS-30. Email me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com. I don't like this forums PMs... they are hard to deal with for me, and I always get my emails.
It is just my Porsche OEM Lithium battery in what could be its latest and final stages of a long productive life. It has been part of multiple success stories (National and regional events around U.S.), it has even traveled in other cars too. It even powered other German and Italian exotic cars.

email sent...
Old 02-13-2019, 08:40 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Are the batteries shipped in sleep mode and need to be turned on? If not is there a specified period of time from the time the battery arrives that it can last before being installed or needing to be on an improved maintainer?

Will the 24Ah be sufficient for a 987 Boxster Spyder?

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:39 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JPMD
Are the batteries shipped in sleep mode and need to be turned on? If not is there a specified period of time from the time the battery arrives that it can last before being installed or needing to be on an improved maintainer?

Will the 24Ah be sufficient for a 987 Boxster Spyder?

Thanks!
Our RS-30 is able to be turned OFF and ON.... but this NEW one is always ON... you can't turn it OFF. So if it puts itself to sleep you use the KEYFOB REMOTE, or press the button on the battery.... but they only awaken it. So you can't turn it OFF if its fully charged. That is one of the things that is different about the new one.

Well the 24Ah is fine for Spyder ...BUT it is limited in Amp Hours and 24 Ah will NOT sit in storage in a Car as long as a 30Ah or 40Ah Battery... So while I believe you could get a month or perhaps a little more out of it in a car that is not being driven (and without any after market accessories that could cause a Parasitic Drain) the fact it with that battery if you not driving every few weeks you would want to look at putting in on a charger if you not driving very often. I'm not at all worried about starting power. I'm worried about those who don't dive for a month at a time and let the car sit. But if you maintain you car and check it out every so often then you are fine with it. Also in very cold weather like Canada I wouldn't recommend it as much unless you only drive during the warmer times.

Last it will sit for a long time, perhaps 8 month without over discharging of going lower in voltage provided it is NOT connected to anything. IF it in the car, you have to test for that in your vehicle. For example if you get the battery and it sitting at 13.2v... then you don't drive for a week, check the voltage if it hasn't ddropeed your looking good, if you go out to 3 week and it drops a TENTH of a volt you are looking really good. So I don't have an difinative answer because I don't know the parasitic draw of ever car and they are all a little different... I can tell you the 991s and some boxster guys got about 5 weeks out of the ATX30 model we sell.... and that is only 18Ah compared to 24Ah that we offer in the new ones.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:29 AM
MPietro
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Scott
I would be interested in the rs30 for my 991.2 gt3 but I am also sitting in Germany. What are the expected total cost?
Old 02-17-2019, 06:58 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

you website also mentions an H7 is coming. Will that also be 40Ah or more than that?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:51 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MPietro
Hi Scott
I would be interested in the rs30 for my 991.2 gt3 but I am also sitting in Germany. What are the expected total cost?
Please contact chad@antigravitybatteries.com with a full shipping address and we can go over options and cost.
Originally Posted by stealthpilot

you website also mentions an H7 is coming. Will that also be 40Ah or more than that?
Yes, the H7 option will also be available in a 40Ah option and that will be the largest capacity size.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Scott, I sent you an email last week. I see that you're out of office but if you could take a look when you have a moment I'd appreciate it. Many thank, Matt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Antigravity Batteries NEW GROUND BREAKING LITHIUM BATTERY