Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: HOW WAS YOUR 991 GT3, GT3 RS or GT2RS DEALER BUYING EXPERIENCE
The Best - My Dealer went out of their way to make it the Best experience ever
62.28%
Acceptable - Not the best, Not the worst
26.35%
The Bad - A bad experience where expectations were not met
7.19%
The Ugly - Buyer felt they compromised to the point where Dealer's need took priority over customers
4.19%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

YOUR DEALER BUYING EXPERIENCE POLL, 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R only please

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 01:30 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

My experience was ok. Other than the fact the salesperson had no clue how to do an cxx options like seat inserts
wbich I was happy to spend the extra money on. Nor did he have a clue about PTS for which I missed my window because he couldn’t keep track despite me being very clear that I would like to do pts. And the fact that I was reminded how lucky I was to get an allocation every time I stopped in cause he has customers that spend 2 million a year with him on cars.

Other than that- car was sold at MSRP to me but the attitude and stank emineting from the dealership made it a poor experience.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:48 AM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

All my GT car purchases have been OK - not stellar but not terrible. Can't believe I'm saying this, but it was essentially the same experience as buying a Subaru. Maybe I'm just weird.

That being said, the GT3RS is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned, hands down.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:53 AM
aeGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche St Louis:

Outstanding Sales and Service. Second to none (I have bought 3 GT cars from them). NO ADM. I even occasionally get a discount for being a PCA member (for service).
Old 02-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Love this thread! It's turning into a "let's list all the good dealerships that don't charge ADM" thread, which I think people tried to do in the past and failed.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I've been buying all my new Porsche from Porsche North Houston for years. The process is great. They treat me well; i treat them well; it works. There's never any question about who I'm going to buy my next GT from and they never need to ask if I'm interested and/or get on some list. They know I'm interested in every new GT product and I know they will get me a car at list as long as they have enough allocations for me to make the cut. I'm not a customer that buys a new pana turbo, cayenne turbo and turbo s every year. And I'm not a VIP; I'm a vip. I'm not going to get an R limited edition car from them (I'm not a big enough fish) but I'm going to get any non-numbered GT product I want and at list. I treat them right with referrals and I almost always sell them back my cars (absolute worst case, I run the sale thru their shop if they aren't that interested in the exact car). Imo, this is how you get GT product and at list w/out being a VIP or annual serial multiple car buyer. It has taken years of building a relationship, buying/selling lots of cars with the same dealer and spreading the good word that they deserve.

If u expect to call a dozen dealers around the nation and step in front of customers like me or the big fish that really pay the bills, forget it: you are the ADM market.

So, PNH has been an incredibly good experience all around and I'm probably helping edge myself down the list as people see they are a good dealer and try them out. After all the PNH praise, now i have to compete with true out-of-towners like Martin! I'm just a quasi-out-of-towner given I lived in Houston for 20yrs, still have family there and keep a car there most of the time. But even as I've moved to NY > London > where ever is next, they have treated me the same (well) regardless.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 987 Likes on 511 Posts

Great experience with Tyler at Perimeter. No ADM and a fair price on my 15 GT3.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:21 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,320 Likes on 565 Posts

For those posting negative experiences - I’d be interested in the dealer, or at least the city/area. If you’d rather not state it publicly - so be it.

I like the idea of knowing who I’m dealing with, and if I’m in the market for used I might be working with any dealer across the country (if it isn’t private party). And even with private party the purchase might run through a dealer for tax/trade-in purposes.

Sewickley Porsche orchestrated more than one sale for me when I sold my cars privately (yellow GT4 and Cayman R for example). They did PPI, answered the buyer’s questions, handled paperwork and arranged shipping if the buyer didn’t want to. It was easy and seamless from my perspective and I had very satisfied buyers.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:37 PM
TBC63
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrett
My GT3RS was my 4th car purchased from Park Place in Dallas, and I have a 5th one on order now. Their level of customer service is on another level. I highly recommend them.
Large market PARK PLACE
SA...Jeff VS is the man...
ASM...Justin N

Smaller market PORSCHE SAN ANTONIO
GM...Don
GSM...Doug
SM...Matt
SERVICE MGR..Jerry
ASM..Courtney

Having a personal relationship is what makes the experience...that’s what matters to me. While it is easier to know more people at the smaller shops....it is still all about people..and one person can make a difference.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 259 Posts

My experience at Porsche Livermore was great! Kevin, Terry and Phillipe took really good care of me.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:10 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

My 2018 GT3 was the 3rd Porsche in 4 years I bought from Champion in Pompano Beach FL. My GT3 was used, other cars I bought from them were new.

The used car manager at Champion is a disrespectful tool...that’s about as nice as I can say it. His sales lady there has no idea about Porsche cars and the finance manager is a total criminal and I had my check in hand to buy. The sales manager is plain rude and not totally forth coming about the car he had with some cosmetic issues.

Id buy from my local dealer in Tampa Reeves Porsche but they haven’t had what I wanted and wife wants with her Panamera and my last 2 Carrera GTS cars. I have bought 6 cars over the years from Reeves Porsche and everything went great. Reeves never has used GT3 cars. My wife wants another Panamera so we will try the local dealer again soon to see what the have.

I WILL NOT be returning to Champion Porsche for further purchases.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:57 AM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Just as my signature reads...
Old 02-04-2019, 07:12 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Raj and Freddy at Braman are top notch. No ADM and really go out of their ways to help GT customers who are into the cars!
Old 02-15-2019, 08:17 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Abraham Caracheo of Hennessey in Atlanta simply rocks!

The GT3 deviated stitiching takes 14 line items, is tricky and I was worried after seeing RL'ers experiences on mismatch, no need Abe handled it perfectly.

Why aren't other dealerships as successful as Hennessy?
They don't have Abraham Caracheo....personal opinion only
Old 02-15-2019, 09:54 PM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums

The used car manager at Champion is a disrespectful tool...that’s about as nice as I can say it.

I WILL NOT be returning to Champion Porsche for further purchases.
ahmen...

Old 02-16-2019, 11:37 AM
Pgt3fan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face My horrible GT3 purchase experience

Let me share my horrible story buying a GT3 997.2 with a idenpendent specialized Porsche dealer in Concord California called Advantage Motorsports. The car was originally a Maryland car.
Basically we Purchased a Gen 2 GT3 here with 30k miles. After 45 days as we were trying to complete our loan process from our own credit union, found out dealer has not been able to provide / or register the title (which is from an out-of-state) to our name and that our C.U. notified us we might risk getting a denial with our pending loan application. Contacted dealer many times and mostly answered by front offices with no solid answer when they will be able to obtain title and have it transferred under our name. Worse they hardly be specific via email communication. When challenged why selling a car with no title, they responded there nothing wrong with that and sometime customer must be patience to allow their process to work it out (legal really? unlimited time and at customer expense?). They also flipped their initial nice caring attitude to bashing us for being paranoid of “calling them all the time". Had they not messing up things in the beginning and being "on top of things (as they always bragged)" we wouldn't have to be stressed out worrying we might have been a victim of fraud. It was a misleading saying they had full ownership of the car during advertisement when fact is they did not and worse they now have to to thru a "power of attorney" to fight for that title which they have no clue when and if they will win it back. Now things are in the twilight zone for us. Now we hold a car we can’t pay for, potentially with no title and DMV registration. Btw, we also traded in a 991 base which they had processed and sold on their lot. So it’s complicate how we would resolve this. Anyone with any advice of steps we should take and when? Thanks

Quick Reply: YOUR DEALER BUYING EXPERIENCE POLL, 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R only please