Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: HOW WAS YOUR 991 GT3, GT3 RS or GT2RS DEALER BUYING EXPERIENCE
The Best - My Dealer went out of their way to make it the Best experience ever
62.28%
Acceptable - Not the best, Not the worst
26.35%
The Bad - A bad experience where expectations were not met
7.19%
The Ugly - Buyer felt they compromised to the point where Dealer's need took priority over customers
4.19%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

YOUR DEALER BUYING EXPERIENCE POLL, 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R only please

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default YOUR DEALER BUYING EXPERIENCE POLL, 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R only please

Recent posts seem to show a polarized view on the 991 GT3/RS, GT2RS dealer purchasing experience; buyers that post seem to have either an extremely good or a very bad experience.
Production seems to be closing soon, so now is probably a good time to get a large enough sample to summarize the 991 buying experience for 991 GT cars.
Please vote in this Poll only if you have purchased a 991 GT3, GT3 RS, or GT2RS from a dealer

How was the buying experience for you to obtain your 991 GT3, GT3 RS or GT 2RS, would you do it again, what would you do differently?
Old 02-02-2019, 02:32 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 72 Posts

My GT3RS was my 4th car purchased from Park Place in Dallas, and I have a 5th one on order now. Their level of customer service is on another level. I highly recommend them.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:39 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Personally don't think the question and choices match the journey numerous people go through to get one of these cars.

I dealt with multiple dealers over 2.5+ years. Ended up with a car from a dealer towards the end of my journey. Not the dealer I placed my deposit with 2.5+ years ago.

So I answered the poll based on the dealer that sold me the car.

Guess my point is that the final dealer experience may not represent the entire GT buying experience.

Perhaps you are asking from the point of allocation assigned to delivery.

Thinking of the overall experience, I'd say it's horrible. Which is sad from a customer experience and brand relationship point of view. Also when you are dropping $205,000. But seems that the mothership doesn't really care.

Once I got an allocation it was what one would expect, not much different than buying any other car. I think there was more fanfare when I bought the GT4, different dealer though. I don't need those things but admittedly it does feel nice and a tad special. At the dealer that provided the allocation, SA, GM and Business Mgr were helpful and responsive from allocation through delivery. Easy going. They were transparent and honest from initial inquiry to allocation, I highlight that part because thats mostly where it goes wrong in the GT buying experience. So my final dealer experience went well and got what I would expect. I would recommend them to anybody looking to buy a Porsche and have done that. Exclusive wasn't very responsive, sometimes accuracy was lacking, thought that process and experience has room for improvement.

Last edited by SToronto; 02-02-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:02 PM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Huge shout out to Flemington Porsche in NJ!
They made my experience fantastic. First, they don't charge ADM as a matter of principle. Second, they have a "list" for buyers and stick to it. They are just a good bunch of folks!
Princeton wanted $25,000 to even talk.....

I give Flemington Porsche a solid 10/10 rating and a recommendation.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,241 Posts

shout out to Brett Payne @ Porsche Marin (Sonnen) Brett (as usual) is a gentleman SA, everything went well with my PTS ED and I got the car for an "up front" agreed MSRP, A+ experience!
Old 02-02-2019, 08:35 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,798 Likes on 2,165 Posts

John and Billy at North Houston have been an absolute pleasure to work with for over the past 18 months. Best dealer experience I've ever had in my life.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:38 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 564 Posts

GT3RS and GT4 from Sewickley Porsche (suburb of Pittsburgh PA)
No ADM as matter of principle.
Experience both times 9.9/10.
They reward local, loyal customers and their service is second to none.
They are generally transparent with the process.
Good bunch of people with whom I enjoy doing business
Old 02-02-2019, 09:13 PM
cabman4007
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Seamless transaction at MSRP.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:27 PM
indianam3
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

As I have stated previously, I cannot imagine a better customer experience than Bluegrass Porsche in Louisville, Ky. The following is just a small example of my experiences:

1) Never paid a penny over MSRP for any GT car, and they never ask me to
2) Always helped me achieve the spec I desire
3) No drama on pricing, no lack of understanding of each others expectations
4) Unbelievable service. Have never taken a car back twice because it wasn't done right the first time, never
5) Great loaners always out front and ready when needed
6) When my last car came in, I had 12 pics of it coming off the truck while it was still wrapped
7) Go over the top in sponsoring two track events per year with the local PCA, really involved

I could go on and on. Below is a link to their used 911's. There are 9 in total, 3 Rs's, 3 GT3's, a turbo, and a really nice 4S air cooled, only one arguably normal car. Amazing!

https://www.bluegrassauto.com/used-v...odel%5B%5D=911
Old 02-02-2019, 09:38 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

I don’t really know how to answer this. Feels like this thread likely degenerates in to another ADM philosophical debate.

My experience buying my RS at P-Nashville was very good. They had an out of state buyer back out and called me with the offer. I liked the spec, bought the car.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:10 PM
mowaffaq
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

My experience with the dealer where I put down my deposit, spec'ed the car and took delivery was exceptional. I bought my GT3 touring from Mark Motors Porsche, Ottawa. The experience, I must say, was absolutely brilliant. Bruce Clifford was my sales consultant, a true gentleman that makes you feel like family. On some uncertainties, I consulted with Michael Mark, the principal, a Porsche geek who is extremely knowledgable of all Porsche generations and a very cool guy all around.
The new GM, Paul Renaud, is another great guy and a pleasure to deal with.
For the record, I had not purchased any vehicles from Mark Motors prior to my GT3T, but now I take everything to them from restoration, body/mechanical work, new GT/non-GT purchases and referrals. They earned my business and that's what a client experience should be about.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:08 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 564 Posts

How could I forget to mention Sewickley Porsche supports all 3-4 of our track events including traveling to the non-local tracks.
They also sponsor private (advanced solo) track nights.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:36 PM
lfish
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 50 Posts

As I have mentioned before, Tim Brookhart at White Allen Porsche in Dayton was as good as his word. Once I got the call that I had an allocation, he cashed the deposit check that I had sent him three months previously and he and his SA helped with the process of PEC delivery in ATL. Seamless transaction; even went so far as arranging closed truck delivery back to the dealership and storage for the winter months. Will gladly purchase another GT from him and continue to send him customers.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:43 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
GT3RS and GT4 from Sewickley Porsche (suburb of Pittsburgh PA)
No ADM as matter of principle.
Experience both times 9.9/10.
They reward local, loyal customers and their service is second to none.
They are generally transparent with the process.
Good bunch of people with whom I enjoy doing business
echo that. purchased a .1GTS and a .2GT3....hopefully more to come! they have me for life now lol
Old 02-03-2019, 01:15 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Superb service from the folks at Stevinson Porsche in Denver. 991 Black edition, 991 GTS, voodoo gt4 and now my weissach gt3rs. And I keep their service folk busy with side projects! Offered the new spyder and will likely order as well.

Couldnt ask for anything better, treat me like family.

all at msrp or less.

Quick Reply: YOUR DEALER BUYING EXPERIENCE POLL, 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R only please