Sponsored by:

GT3 RS.2 Weissach Magnesium wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
Sorry, but you are bat**** crazy. Just like the rest of us here.
On this forum we're all normal. Its only when we tell the outside world, we become the crazies
Old 02-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by uhn2000
What is the rest of your option list?
Very plain,

GT Silver, Complete Weissach Package, Light packages, BOSE, Chrono, Fire Extinguisher, Black Wheels, few basic things.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:06 PM
fstgtbtl
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone asked if Porsche will sell us poor first world souls the mag wheels at the package price now they are available again ?

I will now roll around on the floor laughing
Old 02-01-2019, 06:07 PM
fstgtbtl
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

oh and incase anyone cares - I am still waiting on my 808 exposed hood 5 months after the car was delivered, my poor sales guy i ready to kill me :-)
Old 02-01-2019, 06:48 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06
Today, I placed my order for a 19 3RS Gt Silver Weissach, should I get the Magnesium wheels?

Is it really worth $15k cad.
If you're already getting WP then the Magnesium wheels are a no-brainer. The Manthey-Racing/BBS aftermarket Magnesiums retail for $19,975 (about $26k CAD as of today). I suspect that secondhand buyers will find cars with OEM Mags to be more valuable. If you're concerned about damaging them then you can get an aftermarket set of BBS FI-R's or HRE R101 Lightweights that are not much heavier than the Mags and won't be as costly if you were to damage them somehow.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 02-01-2019, 06:48 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

The mag wheels weren’t even an option for me. Though, likely wouldn’t have done it since I don’t want the WP package.

I’ll likely get the Manthey wheels.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:16 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
The mag wheels weren’t even an option for me. Though, likely wouldn’t have done it since I don’t want the WP package.

I’ll likely get the Manthey wheels.
At this time BBS USA is completely sold out of the aftermarket Magnesium wheel option. They are scheduled to return stateside in June however that is not set in stone & there's a chance it may be pushed back even further. What we do know is that when they arrive again there will only be enough to cover those who have placed pre-orders. If you are someone with 100% certainty that you want the aftermarket BBS Magnesiums then I would HIGHLY recommend to reach out to me now rather than later to secure your set in that next shipment - David@WheelsBoutique.com
Old 02-01-2019, 08:03 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Which dealer in the GTA? I have a March build. Been going back and forth on the wheels and WP.

I want the wheels and not necessarily WP. Bothers me you can’t split the two up. I’ll probably end up ordering both after seeing the costs of the wheels, lol. That’s my irrational rational.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:25 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by fstgtbtl
Has anyone asked if Porsche will sell us poor first world souls the mag wheels at the package price now they are available again ?

I will now roll around on the floor laughing
Tried several times and even escalated at PCNA to no avail.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:18 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uhn2000
I also have a May build, it locks in a month. I have PCCB but no WP or MAG ... hmm!!
Same, mine is to be delivered end of May.

I thought for a long time about WP and MAG but decided against it. If you're the type of person who can blindly check every option on the list, then do it. More power to you. For anyone who has to consider, then $20k for aesthetics simply makes no sense. If I had to force myself to justify the WP so I could get the MAG, then to me, the MAG's are $35k, not $15k. You have to decide if you're willing to fork over $35k on wheels in the spirit of weight savings. Let's be honest, the idea of this WP is flawed. It is overpriced and the effects are negligible. The RS uses stickers over badges in the spirit of weight savings. Yet on the WP, they stick a plaque on the inside.

If you're in pursuit of weight savings, aren't there more cost efficient ways to do it?
I'd take a set of Dundon race headers with side delete to add power and save 50lbs at the same time for half the price of the WP. There is enough left over to fully Xpel the car and coat it.

This is just my personal opinion. Not hating anyone who has one or both those options. If I were given those options at a FAIR cost I'd definitely take them too.
I just don't enjoy being blatantly ripped off, and imo, that's what I feel the WP is in the NA market.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by matt3rs
Same, mine is to be delivered end of May.

I thought for a long time about WP and MAG but decided against it. If you're the type of person who can blindly check every option on the list, then do it. More power to you. For anyone who has to consider, then $20k for aesthetics simply makes no sense. If I had to force myself to justify the WP so I could get the MAG, then to me, the MAG's are $35k, not $15k. You have to decide if you're willing to fork over $35k on wheels in the spirit of weight savings. Let's be honest, the idea of this WP is flawed. It is overpriced and the effects are negligible. The RS uses stickers over badges in the spirit of weight savings. Yet on the WP, they stick a plaque on the inside.

If you're in pursuit of weight savings, aren't there more cost efficient ways to do it?
I'd take a set of Dundon race headers with side delete to add power and save 50lbs at the same time for half the price of the WP. There is enough left over to fully Xpel the car and coat it.

This is just my personal opinion. Not hating anyone who has one or both those options. If I were given those options at a FAIR cost I'd definitely take them too.
I just don't enjoy being blatantly ripped off, and imo, that's what I feel the WP is in the NA market.
When I decided on GT Silver, then for cosmetic matching I chose WP.. in saying that.. payed extra for GT Silver, then eliminated half the car with carbon ..LOL.. .. at that point the wheels complete the package, makes the car a bit rare.
Ultimately when I look at the cost of the Weissach package, I considered, what will be the return? could I at least get back... 70%? for sure.. so I don't look at it as the ugly number.. I am going to enjoy it.. and why not.

They are all keepers, and then another must have comes out

Last edited by Z06; 02-03-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:37 PM
matt3rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06
When I decided on GT Silver, then for cosmetic matching I chose WP.. in saying that.. payed extra for GT Silver, then eliminated half the car with carbon ..LOL.. .. at that point the wheels complete the package, makes the car a bit rare.
Ultimately when I look at the cost of the Weissach package, I considered, what will be the return? could I at least get back... 70%? for sure.. so I don't look at it as the ugly number.. I going to enjoy it.. and why not.

They are all keepers, and then another must have comes out
Like someone said, if you were able to justify the WP, then the MAG becomes a no brainer. Don't mind what I said, it was simply my justification for not opting with those two options. I have no doubt I will be drowned with envy if I ever pull up next to you at the lights
Old 02-03-2019, 06:29 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by matt3rs
Like someone said, if you were able to justify the WP, then the MAG becomes a no brainer. Don't mind what I said, it was simply my justification for not opting with those two options. I have no doubt I will be drowned with envy if I ever pull up next to you at the lights

I walked into the dealer prepared to order a white car leather and minor options..... then I saw a silver GT2, everything out the window
Old 02-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Nendo
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Any other late allocations with the magnesium wheel option open? I see its back on the config. Also what colors can you have the wheels painted? thinking what would go best with a PCCB equipped green , silver or chalk build. I like the Aurum wheels but they might clash too much in a green but will work on a chalk/silver.

Last edited by Nendo; 02-12-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS.2 Weissach Magnesium wheel?