Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CMS Center Delete Exhaust Arrival

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 02:51 PM
tanman88
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the video about the scavenging effect of the original exhaust design, is there still a considerable effect
with the new design?
Old 02-18-2019, 02:52 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I do like the integrated tips. I had the Sharkwerks center muffler by pass on both my 07 GT3 ( it was the frist one Alex sold) and on my '11 GT3 and now that I'm looking at an '18 the subject comes up again . I would also agree that sound bites are not as accurate as real life.

The other question is in cabin drone at highway cruise ..... for the wife who lets me continually get these toys at my age
From my anecdotal experiences, there is zero drone with the CMS system at any speed. However, I have not disconnected the exhaust vacuum system, and I’m not sure what the results of that would be.
Noise levels are no different between this CMS exhaust and OEM unless that is you’re getting into it. At least your wife will ride with you....
Hope this helps.
JB
Old 02-18-2019, 03:17 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Absolutely no drone at any speed for me. I have the new CMS exhaust on my GT3.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk

From my anecdotal experiences, there is zero drone with the CMS system at any speed. However, I have not disconnected the exhaust vacuum system, and I’m not sure what the results of that would be.
Noise levels are no different between this CMS exhaust and OEM unless that is you’re getting into it. At least your wife will ride with you....
Hope this helps.
JB
You will probably experience slight drone in the 2200-2800 but will be no big deal.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:59 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
You will probably experience slight drone in the 2200-2800 but will be no big deal.
Honestly, I’ve never heard any drone... However, if I was to disconnect the exhaust vacuum lines...I’m assuming there would be drone. ​​​​​
Old 02-18-2019, 05:01 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by tanman88
I saw the video about the scavenging effect of the original exhaust design, is there still a considerable effect
with the new design?
I’ll have to yield to Pete at CMS...as I have no data to support the scavenging effects...
Regards,
JB
Old 02-18-2019, 05:04 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Honestly, I’ve never heard any drone... However, if I was to disconnect the exhaust vacuum lines...I’m assuming there would be drone. ​​​​​
Very slight but a whole lot better than the transition from open to close- that drove me nuts
Old 02-18-2019, 05:11 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman88
with the new design?
I was told by Pete that the dyno figures are the same vis a vis the old infinity design. Nice increase in HP and TRQ
Old 03-05-2019, 02:26 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Gents, here's a videocomparing the CMS exhaust and an "other" exhaust. It's the same "blow gun & torch" method we've used in the past to give you an idea of how the flow into one side of the CMS exhaust creates a vacuum in the outlet that "pulls" air (and the torch flame) in from the opposite inlet. On the "other" exhaust the opposite happening; when you blow into one inlet, the air blows straight out the opposite inlet. In a functioning exhaust, that's one pulse colliding with the opposite incoming pulse, interrupting flow and creating turbulence within the exhaust. That's the difference between using a simple balance tube/cross pipe to eliminate drone -- and reduce flow -- and a more sophisticated design such as the CMS center delete.

Sorry, no cool music and video effects on this one! But you get the idea...

Last edited by CMS; 03-05-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:11 AM
dgoldenz
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
Gents, here's a videocomparing the CMS exhaust and an "other" exhaust. It's the same "blow gun & torch" method we've used in the past to give you an idea of how the flow into one side of the CMS exhaust creates a vacuum in the outlet that "pulls" air (and the torch flame) in from the opposite inlet. On the "other" exhaust the opposite happening; when you blow into one inlet, the air blows straight out the opposite inlet. In a functioning exhaust, that's one pulse colliding with the opposite incoming pulse, interrupting flow and creating turbulence within the exhaust. That's the difference between using a simple balance tube/cross pipe to eliminate drone -- and reduce flow -- and a more sophisticated design such as the CMS center delete.

Sorry, no cool music and video effects on this one! But you get the idea...

CMS UCDL Vid
Interesting...
Old 04-19-2019, 11:25 AM
John Belk
Racer

“Waxer” did you install yours yet?
Still loving mine!!!
Old 04-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

“Waxer” did you install yours yet?
Still loving mine!!!
John: Yup. Sounds narly. The guys at a C&C held at my dealership flipped over it. Said it was one of the best sounding bypasseses they heard.

Decided to change it for a black one. CMS is exchanging it for me. My black one should be here today. 😎
Old 04-19-2019, 12:53 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by Waxer
John: Yup. Sounds narly. The guys at a C&C held at my dealership flipped over it. Said it was one of the best sounding bypasseses they heard.

Decided to change it for a black one. CMS is exchanging it for me. My black one should be here today. 😎
AWESOME!!!! The CMS folks are great to work with....
Old 04-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Just arrived.wiil install this week and post some sound clips 👍
Old 04-20-2019, 05:39 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

close up. Very nicely done!!!

Quick Reply: CMS Center Delete Exhaust Arrival