Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CMS Center Delete Exhaust Arrival

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 10:45 AM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This Morning....the video’s sound is no where as nice as in person... Enjoy!!! JB

Old 02-08-2019, 03:53 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 112 Posts

Looks and sounds great! Nicely done.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:56 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by NSD991
Looks and sounds great! Nicely done.
Thanks!!!!
JB
Old 02-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

John: 👍

Thanks for all the work posting pics, info and vid.

Nice deep, muscular sound for sure. Perfect👌
Old 02-09-2019, 07:30 AM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by Waxer
John: 👍

Thanks for all the work posting pics, info and vid.

Nice deep, muscular sound for sure. Perfect👌
Evan,
You’re very welcomed...and as with any project I learned a few more details about our GTs. Which for me, is part of the experience and enjoyment of owning these cars. Can’t wait till you get your CMS installed, as I’m very curious what your opinion is.
Cheers,
JB

Money Shot....
Old 02-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk

Evan,
You’re very welcomed...and as with any project I learned a few more details about our GTs. Which for me, is part of the experience and enjoyment of owning these cars. Can’t wait till you get your CMS installed, as I’m very curious what your opinion is.
Cheers,
JB

Money Shot....
That’s what an RS exhaust should look like !
👍
Old 02-09-2019, 07:52 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Looks great. If any of you guys wants to sell the stock center muffler, let me know. Kinda need one...
Old 02-09-2019, 02:25 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by GT3
Looks great. If any of you guys wants to sell the stock center muffler, let me know. Kinda need one...
Sure, $200.00 with a $10,000.00 ADM
See what happens with you’re around the Porsche brand too much? Thank God Lowe’s doesn’t have an ADM or I’d be broke...

I’ll keep my ears to ground an let you know if I hear of one....JB
Old 02-09-2019, 03:09 PM
the2thdr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for all of the information and the video. Could you please consider adding an in-cabin video with a redline run?

Looks and sounds amazing.

Nice RS!
Old 02-10-2019, 10:11 AM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by the2thdr
Thank you for all of the information and the video. Could you please consider adding an in-cabin video with a redline run?

Looks and sounds amazing.

Nice RS!
Thanks!!! I’ll post a vid of the in-car sound, but honestly I’m not sure if it will come close to how it sounds in person. Was out yesterday and was able to get a better feel for how up/down shifts sound... As I’d posted before, it has a similar complementing sound of the OEM sys, but slightly richer with the volume pitch turned up. No Drone what so ever. It’s what I was looking for...no need for ear plugs as some had mentioned on other systems. However, everyone has an idea of what they’re searching for... I’m very pleased. Will try to get an in-car vid out soon...
JB
Old 02-14-2019, 03:25 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks!!! I’ll post a vid of the in-car sound, but honestly I’m not sure if it will come close to how it sounds in person. Was out yesterday and was able to get a better feel for how up/down shifts sound... As I’d posted before, it has a similar complementing sound of the OEM sys, but slightly richer with the volume pitch turned up. No Drone what so ever. It’s what I was looking for...no need for ear plugs as some had mentioned on other systems. However, everyone has an idea of what they’re searching for... I’m very pleased. Will try to get an in-car vid out soon...
JB
Sounds great, I love the fact that you have the tips out just a bit from the bumper cut-out!
Old 02-18-2019, 11:49 AM
John Belk
Racer

While changing the RS’s oil yesterday, I took a few pics with the engine pan off... Also, the lighting was perfect to reveal the CMS Exhaust’s passage way between the two outlets. Eventually, will post a video clip...the weather has not been participatory.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:10 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Have you compared it to the Sharkwerks center muffler by-pass ?
Old 02-18-2019, 12:35 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Have you compared it to the Sharkwerks center muffler by-pass ?
I did not, other than what I could find on YouTube. What I have found is comparing real world to video clip sounds is not realistic other than maybe the pitch, (maybe).
I considered aprox five exhaust systems, but when CMS revised their exhaust’s tip design and ran a $500.00 off special, I gladly pulled the trigger.
One consideration for me was not needing to buy additional tips or use the OEMs, like with the Sharkworks. IMHO...The CMS Exhaust tips are dang sexy!!!
I’ve read very favorable reviews on the Sharkworks system as with others...and don’t think you can go wrong.
Best,
JB
Old 02-18-2019, 02:37 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

I did not, other than what I could find on YouTube. What I have found is comparing real world to video clip sounds is not realistic other than maybe the pitch, (maybe).
I considered aprox five exhaust systems, but when CMS revised their exhaust’s tip design and ran a $500.00 off special, I gladly pulled the trigger.
One consideration for me was not needing to buy additional tips or use the OEMs, like with the Sharkworks. IMHO...The CMS Exhaust tips are dang sexy!!!
I’ve read very favorable reviews on the Sharkworks system as with others...and don’t think you can go wrong.
Best,
JB
I do like the integrated tips. I had the Sharkwerks center muffler by pass on both my 07 GT3 ( it was the frist one Alex sold) and on my '11 GT3 and now that I'm looking at an '18 the subject comes up again . I would also agree that sound bites are not as accurate as real life.

The other question is in cabin drone at highway cruise ..... for the wife who lets me continually get these toys at my age

Quick Reply: CMS Center Delete Exhaust Arrival