Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Nice!
Now let’s have some cold start vids and sound vids 👍
Old 02-05-2019, 09:58 AM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great pics. Everything looks, well, brand new!
Old 02-06-2019, 03:49 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jkfuel
Great pics. Everything looks, well, brand new!
Thank you Sir!!! My father who’s no longer with us, taught me when I was no more than 8 or 9 how to maintain a clean work environment while wrenching on cars. Right tool for the job and keeping things organized... I’m 59 and now share that with my grandkids; I know my Dad would be proud.
Thanks for noticing!
JB
Old 02-06-2019, 04:12 PM
John Belk
Racer

Hi,
Completed the CMS Exhaust installation today. I’ll button up the rear bumper cover latter this evening. For those that like doing your own work and have bought or plan to buy this CMS system, I can share a few lessons learned with you. However, Pete (one of the CMS owners), was very supportive and provided me a number of suggestions to facilitate the installation. Thanks Pete!!!
I want to openly say thank you to Porsche too!!! It’s a real joy to wrench on this machine!!! Such an excellent aircraft like quality...
Videos to come, but I did a phone video and there’s no comparison to an “in person” experience with the way this car sounds. Cold Start? OMG!!! More to follow!!! JB

Old 02-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Here mine in the silver finish for comparison for those interested.
I like the Silver finish.

Looks like the Satin aluminum finish on the wheels. Would be interested in how dirty the exhaust will turn these silver foxes.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I like the Silver finish.

Looks like the Satin aluminum finish on the wheels. Would be interested in how dirty the exhaust will turn these silver foxes.
Jimmy: I imagine no more than on the stock system.

John: looks great. I guess you like the way it sounds. 👍

waiting for vids. 😎
Old 02-06-2019, 08:01 PM
John Belk
Racer

Jimmy: I imagine no more than on the stock system.

John: looks great. I guess you like the way it sounds. 👍

waiting for vids. 😎
Hi,
Got it all buttoned up took and it for a quick drive... Absolutely beautiful exhaust note! No drone! Clearly hard to explain sounds and clearly videos won’t do it any justice. More pics to follow and Vids.. Do you plan on installing it yourself? If so, I can probably give you a few things to consider.... Now, I need to deside if I’ll disconnect the valves...probably will at least try it. So far, yes, I LOVE IT!!! JB

Old 02-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by John Belk

Hi,
Got it all buttoned up took and it for a quick drive... Absolutely beautiful exhaust note! No drone! Clearly hard to explain sounds and clearly videos won’t do it any justice. More pics to follow and Vids.. Do you plan on installing it yourself? If so, I can probably give you a few things to consider.... Now, I need to deside if I’ll disconnect the valves...probably will at least try it. So far, yes, I LOVE IT!!! JB

John: Great job. Can’t wait for vids.👍

i put put my previous center bypass on myself..well sort of.. my buddy who is a Porsche tech did it while I watched. 🤪
Old 02-06-2019, 09:37 PM
goldberg
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Cant wait to hear it!
Old 02-07-2019, 05:45 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

JB, great work on the install! Can't wait to see a video if/when you're able to get one (they're tough unless you have someone standing along the street as you scream by).
Old 02-07-2019, 09:13 PM
John Belk
Racer

First, I’m not receiving compensation for my comments:

Here are static pics of my CMS Center Delete Exhaust. Vids will have to wait until I sort through the logistics, maybe this weekend. The angle the CMS outlets exit from under the rear facia plus the way they’re cut have a factory like appearance. Another words, if you didn’t know better you would believe that’s the way it came from Germany. I like the fact that the once void area of the OEM tips is now filled with the combined 8” wide exhaust outlets (4” each).

The best way I can explain the sound is...the CMS exhaust note at WOT complements the OEM sound by providing a richer, slightly higher pitch with an increased volume. Notice I didn’t say it’s just much louder... The engine does seem to reach redline in each gear faster, but I have no real data to support that.

At highway speeds there is zero drone and I’ve decided to have the exhaust valves remain active. Conversation are no different than before...unless of course you’re into it..and who’s talking then?

I know there’s many awesome exhaust systems out there, but for the quality and price point the CMS system offers, it was my selection and I’d do it again. Tech support was awesome, it was reassuring that I was talking to people who have years of experience, developed and install this system many times.

Enjoy the pics!!!

JB

Before and After
Old 02-07-2019, 11:14 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Exhaust looks great John.
cant wait for vids.
Would you equate the sound to the GMG bypass?
I actually think the tips look better than the stock tips.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:36 AM
John Belk
Racer

Exhaust looks great John.
cant wait for vids.
Would you equate the sound to the GMG bypass?
I actually think the tips look better than the stock tips.
Thanks Evan!
I’m not sure about the GMG sound comparison as I don’t think I’ve heard one in person. However, based on videos I’ve seen online,I’m thinking the CMS has a slightly smoother and higher pitch...but honestly unless there was a side-by-side comparison it’s all just an assumption. Actually, based on a number of factors, I don’t think videos provide a true reflection of the sound you’d hear in person... Which may explain why some end-up trying a number of systems until they find the one that’s music to their ears.
Cheers. (Spring is getting closer)
JB
Old 02-08-2019, 07:57 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by John Belk

Thanks Evan!
I’m not sure about the GMG sound comparison as I don’t think I’ve heard one in person. However, based on videos I’ve seen online,I’m thinking the CMS has a slightly smoother and higher pitch...but honestly unless there was a side-by-side comparison it’s all just an assumption. Actually, based on a number of factors, I don’t think videos provide a true reflection of the sound you’d hear in person... Which may explain why some end-up trying a number of systems until they find the one that’s music to their ears.
Cheers. (Spring is getting closer)
JB
Agreed. 👌

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CMS Center Delete Exhaust Arrival