Sponsored by:

New Tow Vehicle...

Old 02-11-2019, 01:12 AM
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ace37 View Post

Off roading it would be a lot of fun!
I think so too. In a couple of weeks if i donít get it sold i am going to get some tires and have at it. New project!
Old 02-11-2019, 08:08 AM
goldberg
User

Every time i see these LX reminds me of Russian Mafia hahaha

love it. congrats
Old 02-11-2019, 03:16 PM
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GeoJoe View Post
Very cool Land Cruiser OP. I spotted this 2016 truck version last weekend at Caffeine and Octane in Atlanta. Dubai import.

Awesome! Love it.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:41 PM
ilovecarbs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post
I listed the 2005 online. Figured if i canít get $25k for it i am going to put some good off-road tires on it and start having some real fun. With only 117,005 miles on her i figure i have 200,000 more miles of fun left. The girls side-by-side.

Keep the 100 series! Throw some SLEE bumpers on it and 35's and you're good to go
Old 02-11-2019, 03:42 PM
SB27
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default I just picked up a 2019 RR Sport(V8 Dynamic)

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM View Post
Been thinking about replacing my SUV and the LX was my first choice, anyone here has a Ď19 Range Rover Sport? After a frustrating experience years back I said Iíd never buy again but itís tempting...
I haven't towed anything yet but here are a few thoughts:

1. The V8 is a really nice sounding motor. Much better than the 6 cylinder 2016 I had (no surprise).
2. The electronics in the last 2+ years of the RR Sport are dramatically better. Puts the 2016 to shame.
3. I mainly buy the RR Sport for 3 reasons (this is my second one): (1) the suspension is excellent, (2) the seating position (up almost as high as most American pickup trucks) is terrific and (3) the luxury of the interior negates the need for a luxury sedan (an S63 or E63S for instance).
4. I also have a 2008 Cayenne Turbo. That car is still a dream to drive but you have to watch some of it's more expensive issues (bore scoring, for instance). The ride of the RR is far more truck like than the Cayenne Turbo. No surprise there.

Will report back later but 100 miles in -- I am loving the RR Sport Dynamic. Be sure and get the V8 dynamic motor. The RR guys are commenting now that the BMW 4.4 turbo will be replacing the existing RR V8 motors in the next 2 years. Definitely an upgrade as the BMW motor can make 650 HP pretty easily. Not so with the RR V8's.

More later...

Old 02-11-2019, 03:57 PM
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ilovecarbs View Post
Keep the 100 series! Throw some SLEE bumpers on it and 35's and you're good to go
Definitely leaning that way! Already spent a lot of time on their website, and they are about 20 minutes away.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:05 PM
bmw_e30
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goldberg View Post
Every time i see these LX reminds me of Russian Mafia hahaha

love it. congrats
I went to Armenia/Russia recently in the summer. no joke about 50% of the cars in yerevan where new landcruisers and 25% of the cars in moscow where new landcruisers no joke.

when i asked some dude in yerevan why the landcruiser he said its the only car in the world built to last forever and parts are very easy to get all around the world
Old 02-11-2019, 04:56 PM
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by bmw_e30 View Post
I went to Armenia/Russia recently in the summer. no joke about 50% of the cars in yerevan where new landcruisers and 25% of the cars in moscow where new landcruisers no joke.

when i asked some dude in yerevan why the landcruiser he said its the only car in the world built to last forever and parts are very easy to get all around the world
I have been checking out the LC and LX forums, and most people think 500k miles is about where you run into trouble with these things. I have a very long way to go. Like, that isn't happening in my lifetime.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:32 PM
audiophilitis
User

Have a 2003 LC with 115K miles...only parts replaced since new were cats (both), O2 sensors and 2 calipers. Just had the shocks replaced last month but probably didn’t have to as the original ones still had plenty of life on them. Oh...the original battery was replaced a couple of years ago — 15 years on the original battery!

Only potential issue is rust on certain spots in the undercarriage due to the northeast weather. Been trying to rationalize purchase of a new LC to replace this one but that seems sacrilege

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: