Sponsored by:

2018 GT3 Sales and Re-sales--What's Up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 01:57 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
This too shall soon pass. Based on numbers they (winged manual and touring) will equalize down the road, both being relatively low production. While a touring will have a unique audience, a GT3 winged manual is also a unique and has a unique audience too. I get the "want" for a touring, a side of me wants one too, but I had the option to do it and didn't for my own reasons, which are still valid and I'm living with my decision quite happily. In a couple of years these manual models will be hard sought.

As it is, the enthusiast drivers cars (manual, NA) are dying off quickly- hell sedans are becoming an endangered species. When the production of our 991.2 GT3's end, I think there will be a realization that an opportunity for buying this type of car new is unlikely in the future (of course who knows what the 992.1 GT3 will be- my guess not as 'pure'). My Chevy SS manual, a V8 NA sedan ended production in 2017. They discounted the last year models 20% to move them. Now, you are paying list for used models. No replacement, possibly ever, on the horizon.
I suspect you're right about the equalization. I'm just doing this at the wrong time, but stumbled into an off market car with 8 miles in my absolute dream spec. I didn't order my current car and a little bit of a compromise on a few things. I'm paying heavily to do this-- primarily on the value of my car-- but it's just something I would regret if I didn't do it. In the back of my head I'll always wish I had this car.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:49 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission

I suspect you're right about the equalization. I'm just doing this at the wrong time, but stumbled into an off market car with 8 miles in my absolute dream spec. I didn't order my current car and a little bit of a compromise on a few things. I'm paying heavily to do this-- primarily on the value of my car-- but it's just something I would regret if I didn't do it. In the back of my head I'll always wish I had this car.
Good luck to you! Make sure to post it in our PTS check-in thread!

Quick Reply: 2018 GT3 Sales and Re-sales--What's Up?