Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 GT3 Sales and Re-sales--What's Up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 04:29 PM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Mooty makes a valid point. As for "chill", I am sitting in my office watching the snow blow around. It is minus 22 degrees Celsius here. Minus 32 with the windchill. As for "why not just go drive the car"... here was my driveway yesterday:

Old 01-30-2019, 04:30 PM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Nice car, Mooty! And nice place to photograph it!
Old 01-30-2019, 05:34 PM
joejenie
Three Wheelin'

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

I agree Mooty. Out ruining value on my 993 the last couple days. Heading out in 997 later on.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:57 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
I agree Mooty. Out ruining value on my 993 the last couple days. Heading out in 997 later on.

40K miles in 23 yrs ain't exactly a whole of driving. I crossed that marker on my 993 C4S many moons ago

J/K - enjoy in good health.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:27 PM
joejenie
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
40K miles in 23 yrs ain't exactly a whole of driving. I crossed that marker on my 993 C4S many moons ago

J/K - enjoy in good health.
Close to 2k miles in 6 months since I bought it. Previous owners just liked to look at it in their garage. I would drive it more, but it splits time between 4-5 others.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:58 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by bellatrix
Mooty makes a valid point. As for "chill", I am sitting in my office watching the snow blow around. It is minus 22 degrees Celsius here. Minus 32 with the windchill. As for "why not just go drive the car"... here was my driveway yesterday:

what are those white stuff on your driveway?
Old 01-31-2019, 04:47 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
When does GT3 production conclude?
I see the Configurator is still live and that is usually one of the first things to depart at end of series
Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Production will run until at least March/April so the 2,300 number will go higher...

991 production will continue through May. We will likely see 991.2 (18/19MY) base GT3 exceed 3,100 units for NA
Old 01-31-2019, 04:55 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I'm assuming u mean less than 991 touring in the US vs 991 R's globally? Apples/oranges comparison? I think the comparison u r looking for is around 200 N American R's vs XXX N Amer Touring once production finally finishes. We should have that data. But I haven't seen any global Touring data to compare to the 991 R's produced globally.
911R = 991ww / 323na (verified)
GT3 Touring = 2,300ww / 800na (estimated)

Last edited by Dot23RS; 02-01-2019 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:00 AM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default GT3 Used buying experience

Looking for a used car by my standards because if it has miles it is used. Have had 3 of these in past and in old days cars were not so optioned out as people bought for track- carbon buckets were more a rarity as majority of cars today.
Hard to find standard buckets which are my preference for ease of exit/entry. Tons of cars with ceramic brakes also. So between special paint, ceramics and seats almost 20k in options. I always thought options on a used car were lost on resale.
Real frustration as a buyer is sellers have not come to terms with FACT that is no rarity to these cars- almost 3k cars built for US. So many people I guess paid ADM and are looking at their cost and pricing USED cars accordingly. I believe MSRP is a gift to seller for a used P car whether it has 100 miles or 2k miles- the title will say second owner.. Also I do not believe there are tons of people running around with $175k cash to buy cars. A dealer can get you financed and CPO car..
Also amazed how many low mile cars for sale here on RL and 200 on cargurus.
Every P car I have had I had to trade my way out as opposed to a sale.
So it is a game of musical chairs going on- music has stopped.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:14 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Agreed, as a Touring owner I wouldn't want a 3RS, no manual, nor a 2RS, I'd be afraid to but too many miles on it.
I consider myself content and I've noticed that since it's parked in my garage I visit Rennlist less often!
+1 on visiting Rennlist...now getting some work done these days! I have no interest in selling my Touring
....keeper. It is the car I always wanted Porsche to build with a GT package- stick - under the radar...and oddly I don’t miss my (3rd) 993 tt a whole lot..which I traded for it. I mean 993tt is a nice car, but the Touring to me is a special all rounder that will never grow old.

I remember when buying my first 911....a used 964...and the years of anxiety on what next to buy..and the rationale in each purchase...993 ok....then water cooled cab is a must?!..no...what was I thinking need air -cooled...than...always wanted a turbo...then ...need a project car.then .need a track car because I am beating on my Saturday car...then I if stepping up to a turbo..might as well get a turbo s - then that gt4 is nice...and a stick....then..oh yeh PTS on a targa, that’s a brilliant idea....but finally-and I think- I have the perfect package in my ONE car...a tactile, rattle free, understated , reasonably comfortable and intoxicating sports car...that will never grow old. Wasted more money in the past 20 years than I want to think of but oddly enough, feel I at least now understand what I want - and have. 🙂
Old 02-01-2019, 01:30 AM
Speeder37
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmauro
Looking for a used car by my standards because if it has miles it is used. Have had 3 of these in past and in old days cars were not so optioned out as people bought for track- carbon buckets were more a rarity as majority of cars today.
Hard to find standard buckets which are my preference for ease of exit/entry. Tons of cars with ceramic brakes also. So between special paint, ceramics and seats almost 20k in options. I always thought options on a used car were lost on resale.
Real frustration as a buyer is sellers have not come to terms with FACT that is no rarity to these cars- almost 3k cars built for US. So many people I guess paid ADM and are looking at their cost and pricing USED cars accordingly. I believe MSRP is a gift to seller for a used P car whether it has 100 miles or 2k miles- the title will say second owner.. Also I do not believe there are tons of people running around with $175k cash to buy cars. A dealer can get you financed and CPO car..
Also amazed how many low mile cars for sale here on RL and 200 on cargurus.
Every P car I have had I had to trade my way out as opposed to a sale.
So it is a game of musical chairs going on- music has stopped.
Right on the money in my opinion.
In a similar position. Have been looking for a GT3 to replace a 991 S Cab. Can’t justify giving $10k -$30k over MSRP for a used car. Between dealers, secondary dealers and private sales, there are well over 300 cars on the market. Very little seems to be changing hands.
Probably smarter at this point to wait on a 992 in hopefully a year from now.
I know that many will say just pay the admission if that’s what you want. But I can’t “eyes wide open “ take a $40k to $50k tumble when 3000 992”s hit the streets.
Although, a Sapphire or Miami Blue manual would be nice on the driveway.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:33 AM
joejenie
Three Wheelin'

I think there are some of these cars changing hands. I've seen my local dealer sell 2 of the 3 GT2RS they have in the last 30 days at good ADMs. I also think these dealers know that the market will get better in the spring and these cars will dry up. They have been here before.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:44 AM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
what are those white stuff on your driveway?
Yes, that is very unpleasant white stuff. And more since then!
Old 02-01-2019, 12:23 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
So there's technically less manual winged cars in the US than there are tourings? Interesting considering how "rare" the tourings seem comparatively speaking. I'm guessing more tourings went directly to owners vs. dealer specs.
As someone who is trading a PTS winged manual for a PTS touring tomorrow.... well, the manual seems to have no impact on value. It's just a winged versus touring predicament and I'm taking a bath to do it. Had multiple dealers confirm the same thing and the values were relatively equal across the board. But... you only live once and can't take it with you, etc, etc...
Old 02-02-2019, 12:53 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
As someone who is trading a PTS winged manual for a PTS touring tomorrow.... well, the manual seems to have no impact on value. It's just a winged versus touring predicament and I'm taking a bath to do it. Had multiple dealers confirm the same thing and the values were relatively equal across the board. But... you only live once and can't take it with you, etc, etc...

This too shall soon pass. Based on numbers they (winged manual and touring) will equalize down the road, both being relatively low production. While a touring will have a unique audience, a GT3 winged manual is also a unique and has a unique audience too. I get the "want" for a touring, a side of me wants one too, but I had the option to do it and didn't for my own reasons, which are still valid and I'm living with my decision quite happily. In a couple of years these manual models will be hard sought.

As it is, the enthusiast drivers cars (manual, NA) are dying off quickly- hell sedans are becoming an endangered species. When the production of our 991.2 GT3's end, I think there will be a realization that an opportunity for buying this type of car new is unlikely in the future (of course who knows what the 992.1 GT3 will be- my guess not as 'pure'). My Chevy SS manual, a V8 NA sedan ended production in 2017. They discounted the last year models 20% to move them. Now, you are paying list for used models. No replacement, possibly ever, on the horizon.

Quick Reply: 2018 GT3 Sales and Re-sales--What's Up?