Sponsored by:

CXX Yellow door pulls on .2RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 01:38 AM
RDM2418
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Replacement is an hour DIY job tops, did it on my first GT4. As others have mentioned, these aren't 'CXX' (unless special ordered as part of the build), you can buy them directly from Suncoast or other dealers.

There is a good writeup on the GT4 subforum, including the $20 solution (where you just buy the material [IIRC towstraps which come in a variety of colors], pop two holes, and just make the straps yourself).

It's one of those things I need to decide how much it will bother me. I thought they'd be yellow since there is not an inch of gray thread in the car. Car is off to get the PPF, so I'll mull it over and then decide whether to swap them out. The pulls the OP installed look great.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:04 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by RDM2418
It's one of those things I need to decide how much it will bother me. I thought they'd be yellow since there is not an inch of gray thread in the car. Car is off to get the PPF, so I'll mull it over and then decide whether to swap them out. The pulls the OP installed look great.
Here is the DIY, and the $20 solution (who I bet other than the OP no one would be able to recognize the difference).

I ended up purchasing the original straps and the install is just as easy as described herein: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9159...ap-change.html
Old 01-30-2019, 11:29 PM
RDM2418
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts

My dealer (Porsche North Houston) emailed me today and said they were doing it for me for free, which is pretty cool of them (Billy Bennett and Gerald Tito). I'd just asked some questions about the silver color and Gerald told me like others had mentioned here that silver/green were only colors, but they could put yellow ones on there. I'm pretty happy they are switching. I didn't spec my car - I got the allocation after it was configured. I could have changed it, but I just sort of left it alone because I figured there would be fewer Miami cars and I liked the blue/yellow. I hadn't really thought about the straps until I showed up and Gerald sent me photo pointing out the silver.

Thanks for the suggestion on the DIY. I likely would have gone that route if they they hadn't offered to switch them out at no cost.

Now just have to wait until it gets PPF!

Quick Reply: CXX Yellow door pulls on .2RS