Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are '14-'15 gt3s the best value right now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by unkleradio
mind posting a link to the gt3 you got and what you paid?
Originally Posted by hyperspeedy
in the market myself for a .1 too... love hearing peoples experiences with them... please post up after you pick it up! Enjoy in good health
and yes, would be interested to see your link / price paid as well... TIA

as someone else said, viva la .1!

All the planets lined up and I was able to pick up the car up from Mclaren Philadelphia (awesome dealership btw) over the weekend and drive it back! Made for 1730 miles and a helluva road trip. What a car. Porsche really thought about every detail in this car. I am in love!

I'll send you guys PMs about the final price. But it was discounted off of this listing (which has already been discounted another 1k from its original price): https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=503207292&hideBackLink=true

At the end of the day this car had the perfect options for me as it will be tracked and might replace my E46 M3 for regular track duty if the consumables don't eat me alive haha! Considering the mileage (~59XX miles) and options, I think I got a great deal.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:42 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats! Shes a beaut!
Old 02-04-2019, 11:49 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Well done. Enjoy it!
Old 02-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 987 Likes on 511 Posts

Great looking car and it sounds like you got a good deal as well. Enjoy!
Old 02-04-2019, 12:40 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Jickel180
All the planets lined up and I was able to pick up the car up from Mclaren Philadelphia (awesome dealership btw) over the weekend and drive it back! Made for 1730 miles and a helluva road trip. What a car. Porsche really thought about every detail in this car. I am in love!

I'll send you guys PMs about the final price. But it was discounted off of this listing (which has already been discounted another 1k from its original price): https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...eBackLink=true

At the end of the day this car had the perfect options for me as it will be tracked and might replace my E46 M3 for regular track duty if the consumables don't eat me alive haha! Considering the mileage (~59XX miles) and options, I think I got a great deal.
Congrats! That was one was saved on my Autotrader short list. I'd love to hear about your pricing and negotiation discussions over PM.

Hopefully the weather cooperated along the way with the polar vortex and all that. Glad you took the roadtrip option versus shipping, those are priceless days.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:57 AM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
Congrats! Shes a beaut!
Thank you! Can't wait to get her on track!

Originally Posted by robmypro
Well done. Enjoy it!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Great looking car and it sounds like you got a good deal as well. Enjoy!
Thank you! I feel pretty good about it

Originally Posted by itrsteve
Congrats! That was one was saved on my Autotrader short list. I'd love to hear about your pricing and negotiation discussions over PM.

Hopefully the weather cooperated along the way with the polar vortex and all that. Glad you took the roadtrip option versus shipping, those are priceless days.
Sorry to have stolen that one from ya

It was a little dicey leaving Philly, but once we got out of there it was smooth sailing. It was a bucket-list thing to do, and I'm so glad I did it. Even if I'll need to replace the Dunlops a bit sooner. Highly recommend that to anyone looking for their perfect GT3 out of state!
Old 02-05-2019, 11:55 AM
5teve
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats! I also had that one favorited on my CarGurus listings, along with a few others . I hope to get into a GT3 later on this year.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 5teve
Congrats! I also had that one favorited on my CarGurus listings, along with a few others . I hope to get into a GT3 later on this year.

Thank you! I hope you find your perfect GT3 this year, it's an incredible car and I haven't even got it on track yet where it will really shine. Plus we need more .1 content in this forum IMO.

Last edited by Jickel180; 02-06-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

All the planets lined up and I was able to pick up the car up from Mclaren Philadelphia (awesome dealership btw) over the weekend and drive it back! Made for 1730 miles and a helluva road trip. What a car. Porsche really thought about every detail in this car. I am in love!.
Nice! Congrats and enjoy your new GT3.

On the topic of .1 GT3s out there.... here's one a friend was eyeing for awhile but instead he bought a .1 GT3RS.... this one below is a 2015 in PTS Pearl color. No affiliation with the dealer but I figured why not show this out there especially to those who haven't seen this yet and maybe the specs is just right for someone. No sport buckets but as you can see it's an easy 20k+ below msrp and I think that's a fair deal. Maybe there's more room to negotiate it further as well...

https://www.indigoautogroup.com/used-Rancho+Mirage-2015-Porsche-911-GT3+Coupe-WP0AC2A90FS183112?utm_campaign=deeplink&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=c ars.com

Old 02-11-2019, 06:56 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 384 Posts

Took the plunge as the newest member to the bastard child 991.1 club, if work doesn't get in the way then my wife and I will be taking a train to Charlotte on valentines day and bringing it back to Raleigh.

I know everybody here has cooler stuff, but I couldn't be any more elated to see this long-standing dream come to fruition.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Took the plunge as the newest member to the bastard child 991.1 club, if work doesn't get in the way then my wife and I will be taking a train to Charlotte on valentines day and bringing it back to Raleigh.

I know everybody here has cooler stuff, but I couldn't be any more elated to see this long-standing dream come to fruition.

Congrats! Post pictures of your new baby when you get it! That's a helluva v-day present.

...well for yourself anyway
Old 02-11-2019, 08:45 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 302 Posts

Well said, I love my car in spite of all the .1's warts. I'm not sure I'd ever want to own another Porsche without an NA 9K RPM motor. Damn sound is like a drug.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Best deal going to give any other car on track trouble.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:19 AM
n d
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 106 Posts

Great dealership I bought 3 cars there, but on one occasion I think they weren’t being fair I bought a 2018 e63s from them, by the time I got home I decided I really didn’t like it I called up the dealer and explain that the car wasn’t for me and if they can please kill the deal And for there troubles I would even let them keep 2 grand I thought that number was fair but they didn’t and explained to me that they could not reverse the deal. Giving that I spent close to 500 grand on cars from them in less then a year I still think it’s wrong what they did!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:37 AM
ramt
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll send you guys PMs about the final price. But it was discounted off of this listing (which has already been discounted another 1k from its original price): https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...eBackLink=true

👍👍👍

Quick Reply: are '14-'15 gt3s the best value right now?