Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quite a collection of new 3RS in showroom

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

The guy who makes these videos is such a clown.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:12 AM
mander
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Historically they have had a lot of GT cars. If you go through their YouTube you will see a bunch of 997 RS. I guess it makes sense being in such a small market.
Small market? Columbus metro is 2M and growing like crazy. While not the largest I would not call that small.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:15 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

If people would stop buying these dealer specs, it would end the madness.. Let them sit on these for a year + and it should curb these practices.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:17 AM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I am quite surprised at all the negativity:

Small market? Drive to Columbus and you will change you mind. You do not get these many GT cars because of a "small market".

Too much ADM? Those are asking prices. Same as when you list your house for sale, its a start for negotiation. So, bring a checkbook and negotiate for MSRP or even less on any of the 7-9 GT cars and see how far you can go. It can be fun haggling, but only if you are buying!
Old 01-24-2019, 11:43 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Very cool showroom
Old 01-24-2019, 12:47 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice showing room, yes, with that collection all together.

Clown in the videos, yes, absolutely.

Columbus a small market? Not really. 13th biggest metro in the United States and biggest in Ohio (yes, bigger than both Cleveland and Cinci). Though well below 2M actually. Byers is only one of two Porsche dealers in Columbus though. midwestern auto group (MAG) is other, but they don’t seem to do nearly as much Porsche business, at least not GT cars. Byers has Porsche Motorsports connection internally which is why they get some extra allocations of GT cars, and they’ve had a relationship over the years with Rahal family too.

Byers sells many of its GT cars to out of town buyers, actually, which many dealers do, so they’re not limited to Columbus area buyers by any means.

Byers is only 5 miles from my home, and I bought my first Porsche there (a 2002 Lapis Blue Metallic 911 Targa, hence my RL handle), and I service all my cars there. Despite that, I haven’t bought any of my cars there for years because despite my repeated requests, they have never made any GT car allocation available to me nor ever offered to sell me a GT car, even a spec one on there showroom floor, without big ADM.

meanwhile Porsche Beachwood in Cleveland, has treated me far better and won my business for purchase of about 8 cars there in last 5 years. Despite being 2.5 hours drive away. Goes to show you that if you treat a customer right, customer will be loyal. Nevertheless, I still enjoy wandering the showroom at Byers and chatting with the salespeople I know there from time to time when there anyway for service. They’re all nice people and I don’t mean them any disrespect.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
proof of over production by PAG
Or proof of production actually meeting demand. Most of the time, you can never find a GT (let alone several) just chillin at a dealership.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:32 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
Or proof of production actually meeting demand. Most of the time, you can never find a GT (let alone several) just chillin at a dealership.
Demand from the dealers or the individuals?... Demand could be even higher, but we won't know as it seems that dealers are getting away with speccing there own GTx cars..
You can't really harvest this kind of data and use it with any sort of accuracy. If these cars each had a body assigned, sure it would be a good indicator, but these cars are "orphans", in that sense.
-I guess PAG no longer cares if GTx cars sit on dealership floors..... which is a shame and will only hurt them in the long term as the whole idea of their "appreciation" falls along with the economy.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:45 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

FWIW, an SA there said that not all 5 of the .2 3RS’s were dealer ordered spec cars....

One was ordered by a customer who switched to a GT2 RS when an allocation for one became available from the same dealer. Two more are sold / customer-ordered cars that just haven’t been delivered yet and so are on the showroom floor for display purposes.

Only 2 of the 5 therefore actually are dealer-ordered spec cars, of which one is an “extra” allocation they got related to the dealership’s and one of their SA’s relationships with Porsche Motorsport (one of their SA’s is a driver).

The 2 PCA edition GT3 Cup cars (2 of only 5 built) are dealer ordered spec cars they said. The white one is for sale with a hefty ADM (amont depends who you ask), and the blue one (only blue one built: the other 4 are white) isn’t being held out for sale for now, at least not yet. Presumably dealer wants to keep it to show off at events, etc. and would only sell now for much higher ADM than the white one.

The used white 991.1 3RS with Martini on floor is sold not yet delivered. And they also have a used LO .1 3RS for sale on the floor (not pictured).

Anyway, a nice confluence or events to allow them to do something very unusual in a dealer showroom. Haven’t seen that many skittles in one place before outside of Smokies GT gatherings.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Porsche Beachwood also has a nice collection of skittles for sale. Last I checked, they had two .2 GT3 and three 3RS’s (one .2 and two .1).
Old 01-24-2019, 08:07 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Keep building. Let all the speculators eat their ADM...
Old 01-24-2019, 08:53 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
in what way does it make sense?
Because they need to find a way to make money as they don’t have as many local customers. It’s rare for someone to shop out of market for a Macan, boxster, cayenne, panny, even perhaps a 911, but with demand what it is, they can sell GT cars nationwide as more buyers shop nationwide.

Sorry to offend as Columbus being a small market, but smaller market for 911 I would guess having been there a few times.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:41 PM
Barfly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Nice showing room, yes, with that collection all together.

Clown in the videos, yes, absolutely.

Columbus a small market? Not really. 13th biggest metro in the United States and biggest in Ohio (yes, bigger than both Cleveland and Cinci). Though well below 2M actually. Byers is only one of two Porsche dealers in Columbus though. midwestern auto group (MAG) is other, but they don’t seem to do nearly as much Porsche business, at least not GT cars. Byers has Porsche Motorsports connection internally which is why they get some extra allocations of GT cars, and they’ve had a relationship over the years with Rahal family too.

Byers sells many of its GT cars to out of town buyers, actually, which many dealers do, so they’re not limited to Columbus area buyers by any means.

Byers is only 5 miles from my home, and I bought my first Porsche there (a 2002 Lapis Blue Metallic 911 Targa, hence my RL handle), and I service all my cars there. Despite that, I haven’t bought any of my cars there for years because despite my repeated requests, they have never made any GT car allocation available to me nor ever offered to sell me a GT car, even a spec one on there showroom floor, without big ADM.

meanwhile Porsche Beachwood in Cleveland, has treated me far better and won my business for purchase of about 8 cars there in last 5 years. Despite being 2.5 hours drive away. Goes to show you that if you treat a customer right, customer will be loyal. Nevertheless, I still enjoy wandering the showroom at Byers and chatting with the salespeople I know there from time to time when there anyway for service. They’re all nice people and I don’t mean them any disrespect.
Same experience. Never offered an allocation or even a shot at a GT car locally without a hefty ADM. Thus, I haven’t purchased a single car at Byers. I have purchased 5 cars from Beachwood in 5 years including non-911/GT Porsches and even an Audi due to the positive relationship.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:07 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Barfly

Same experience. Never offered an allocation or even a shot at a GT car locally without a hefty ADM. Thus, I haven’t purchased a single car at Byers. I have purchased 5 cars from Beachwood in 5 years including non-911/GT Porsches and even an Audi due to the positive relationship.
So I’m not alone. Like you, Byers’ choice not to offer me any GT car allocation has caused me to buy from Porsche Beachwood instead of Byers, all these cars: used ‘13 Boxster S, used 991.1 GT3, new GT4, used ‘13 BMW 650i, used 981 Spyder, new 991.2 GT3, used ‘13 Cayenne Turbo, and (pending) new Taycan. Have also sold/traded TO Beachwood instead of to Byers: Panamera Turbo S, Audi RS7, plus the above BMW, Boxster, GT4, and 991.1 GT3. That’s 8 purchases and 6 trade-ins.

Shame on Byers Porsche sales Dept for treating me like someone unworthy of their attention.

Long story short, Porsche Beachwood got all that business from me since 2015 because Byers wouldn’t take me seriously, despite Byers being my local dealer where I service all these cars and where I bought my first Porsche 911 and two Audi S4s from 2003-2013. Just dumb.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

hey, we buy cars
park in garage
worship them and don't drive

the dealers should have equal rights
inventory cars
stuck can't sell them
worship the object too.