Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 03:20 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
Positive relationship with Beachwood??
Good to know they exist.
i second this, i have had better luck with white allen in dayton and north olmstead if you are in ohio. as far as all these gt3 ' s i would expect a slow downward depreciation cycle till details are known about the 992
Old 05-13-2019, 07:25 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

porsche irvine has similar situation. what is interesting is a lot of dealers have a couple in their showrooms but are not putting them on their websites or on the car selling sites (i.e. cars.com, etc.); i guess Porsche doesn't want people to really see how many are sitting in showrooms to keep the "limited production" a myth going. lol. i also see many of these dealers sitting on them knowing the next get GT3/RS will be a while.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:29 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
porsche irvine has similar situation. what is interesting is a lot of dealers have a couple in their showrooms but are not putting them on their websites or on the car selling sites (i.e. cars.com, etc.); i guess Porsche doesn't want people to really see how many are sitting in showrooms to keep the "limited production" a myth going. lol. i also see many of these dealers sitting on them knowing the next get GT3/RS will be a while.
Porsche has no control over where dealerships advertise their inventory, do they? If anything it's the dealerships trying not to rock the boat, not Porsche corporate.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:33 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Porsche has no control over where dealerships advertise their inventory, do they? If anything it's the dealerships trying not to rock the boat, not Porsche corporate.
possibly; but i have checked a lot of different dealer sites that i know are sitting on RS' and not a single new RS is listed online as part of inventory. even byers doesn't show a single RS on their site. maybe if they have a couple used ones, they will have one in their pre-owned inventory online to bait people into calling, etc. at a minimum, the dealers are intentionally not listing them. not sure if direction came from porsche.

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 05-13-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:48 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

They are notoriously high on their GT pricing. They had a Lava .1RS with cage nicely optioned with low miles 3 months ago at 210k I had a pretty salty conversation with a salesman and told him he was 20-25k off market price of 30 other cars. In the last two months I have been called and emailed by three different people at the dealer offering me the car at 179k. Funny, right we’re I told him the market was. Let em sit there..
Old 05-13-2019, 11:44 PM
Barfly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve also experienced recurrent issues with their service department.

I drove my 3RS home today after an alignment with a 15 degree cant of the steering wheel. I wanted to immediately turn around but didn’t have time. I also should have told them to pull the car off the rack after given impossibly low ride height numbers and incorrect camber info. Lesson learned.

It sucks, but I will now have to purchase and service outside of the area.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:30 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Cool pics

Quick Reply: Quite a collection of new 3RS in showroom