Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Touring - Demanding Higher Pre Owned Values

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 10:11 PM
neversaynever
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
dang- Lisa Perez needs to learn how to text. If someone sent me a 2:30 long voicemail- Is never even listen to it!
Haha

Work related and I already knew what excuse she had brewing

Thanks for the info guys, I'll report back once I hear from Sonnen again.

I only returned his call today
Old 01-27-2019, 10:29 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 53 Posts

I'd say there's a chance he can get a car on the ground, especially if he has close ties, but allocations are all dried up and not much Sonnen can do to make more appear unless I'm missing something.

I also know Sonnen has one of the longest allocation waitlists, but it's all about who you know...

Wouldn't shock me if somehow OP gets a car. Stranger things have happened with dealers in this day and age.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:35 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

^ Maybe...
Old 01-28-2019, 05:31 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

This thread is awesome! Maybe you could give seminars on "how to make money buying cars". I'd sign up and so would Mr Yippie, I assume. Cars are a lot more fun than ETF's and investments. Plus i also want to talk to a GT3 in a cupboard. . How did it go with Lisa?

Good luck with the GT3T - I hear they are nice cars if you like manuals. Post pics when you get it. I'd suspect you'd need to get it at less than MSRP or MSRP + PTS and also dont forget to not drive it - in order to make $$. But then again I'm no expert having never made any $$ on buying / selling cars.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:09 AM
neversaynever
Track Day

Originally Posted by rodsky
This thread is awesome! Maybe you could give seminars on "how to make money buying cars". I'd sign up and so would Mr Yippie, I assume. Cars are a lot more fun than ETF's and investments. Plus i also want to talk to a GT3 in a cupboard. . How did it go with Lisa?

Good luck with the GT3T - I hear they are nice cars if you like manuals. Post pics when you get it. I'd suspect you'd need to get it at less than MSRP or MSRP + PTS and also dont forget to not drive it - in order to make $$. But then again I'm no expert having never made any $$ on buying / selling cars.
My sales rep is back Thursday, I have relayed exactly what i am looking for in terms of a 991

I will revert back to a 997 and get a GT2 if this ends up becoming a wild goose chase.

I know Porsche has tried to prevent the Porsche tax fury and ridiculous premiums.

Look at the 991 GT3RS, people are giving them away now. Same instance with loaded 991.1 Gt3's

These cars are not as rare as most believe.

I am bored of the 991, to me the car was not confidence Inspiring in terms of its characteristics.

Perhaps more power with a manual trans will solve it all for me.

I just preferred the Dimensions of the 997 far more. Once again, even parking it was just easier in tight spaces
Old 01-29-2019, 02:17 AM
neversaynever
Track Day

Duplicate
Old 01-29-2019, 09:27 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

You will never loose any money if you never buy anything!
Originally Posted by neversaynever
My sales rep is back Thursday, I have relayed exactly what i am looking for in terms of a 991

I will revert back to a 997 and get a GT2 if this ends up becoming a wild goose chase.

I know Porsche has tried to prevent the Porsche tax fury and ridiculous premiums.
Look at the 991 GT3RS, people are giving them away now. Same instance with loaded 991.1 Gt3's
These cars are not as rare as most believe.

I am bored of the 991, to me the car was not confidence Inspiring in terms of its characteristics.
Perhaps more power with a manual trans will solve it all for me.

I just preferred the Dimensions of the 997 far more.

Once again, even parking it was just easier in tight spaces

Last edited by Perimeter; 01-31-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:19 PM
neversaynever
Track Day

Originally Posted by Perimeter
You will never loose any money if you never buy anything!
what does your comment add to this thread,

stop wasting people's time.

I honestly think i may just close my account here, its worse than it was year back.

Bunch of guys who turned 30 or 40 if your that far behind in life, got a bonus check and bought their first 911

post only if your comments are of worth, or stick a sock in your mouth.

yes the fact remains, i have NEVER LOST MONEY ON A CAR I HAVE OWNED

i do not lease, i do not pay over MSRP. i find rare spec cars, hunt the country for them and when it comes time to sell they are worth considerably more than lesser spec examples.

All my cars have had exclusive options, try this method and you can be alike in not getting hosed when it comes time to sell.

my sales rep is back tomorrow at sonnen, i will report back on the opportunity for allocations for a GT3 Touring
Old 01-30-2019, 02:42 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

My Comment was an observation that you reversed your claim.

Last edited by Perimeter; 01-31-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:56 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

I honestly think i may just close my account here, its worse than it was year back.

Bunch of guys who turned 30 or 40 if your that far behind in life, got a bonus check and bought their first 911
Is this a threat or will you follow through?.....please just delete your troll account and move on.....
Old 01-30-2019, 03:29 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 243 Posts

This thread delivers. Never go full retard OP.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:41 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

fascinating but as John mc enroe said. " u cannot be serious"

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
The 991 GT3 Touring in PDK commands the highest value.

Btw, welcome to Rennlist. You've kicked things off with a value thread, so my strong suspicion is that you'll fit in here quite nicely.
LOL

Folks

Looking for some insight, are the 991 GT3 Touring in Manual - Demanding Higher Pre Owned Values

Right now you can Spec a brand new Touring with PCCB / Axle Lift / Buckets for the following -

Base price:
$143,600
Price for Equipment:
$22,840
Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee
$1,250
Total Price:*
$167,69

Does it make more sense to purchase a brand new example in lieu of a Market Adjusted Pre Owned

I have owned a PDK 991.1 GT3 and did not like the experience without manual, i also felt the 3.8 was under powered. I sold the car after 4 months.

Thank you

if u don't have allocation yet, you will not get one at msrp now.
if 3.8 was anemic, the 4.0 is equally as bad.
frankly in my 15 years of track coaching I have to say 90% of the ppl cannot drive cars with more than 250hp property. actually 200hp.
but you may be the next senna

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
No, it does not make sense to purchase a brand new car at MSRP vs a pre-owned one with a markup. That would be crazy!!!
took me a while, but LOL

Thanks for asking -

997.1 Manual Trans Turbo with Power Mods
I am having a hard time with the next car options, I looked at the Ferrari F12 although its not manual as we are all aware.

I also like the idea of not being scared to work on the car in terms of routine maintenance.
The Ferrari's i have no clue about, i know a brake rotor and pad swap would be similar as they utilize brembo also!
not all Brembo are the same, pad and rotor change on 991 is not as easy as 996/997. now the entire caliper comes off

To be quite honest, I am slightly tired of Porsche, i feel the brand has been diluted and they are no longer enthusiasts cars in terms of trading ability and acquiring them. They have become unobtainable to most for the rare models that true enthusiasts actually truly want. I did not like the huge wing on my GT3. it all felt too over the top.

Look at the 997 GT2RS - Prices are upwards of $650k
A lesser GT2 is an an option although you need to change the intercoolers and install a LWFW right after purchasing it to make it driver friendly.
so you are implying enthusiast are poor and cannot afford current Porsches?
GT2RS upward of 650? you didnt buy it at the right time. my was msrp when I got it new in 2011
the reason to have HEAVY flywheel is to make it driver friendly, going to a LWFW only makes the car harder to drive

yes the fact remains, i have NEVER LOST MONEY ON A CAR I HAVE OWNED

i do not lease, i do not pay over MSRP. i find rare spec cars, hunt the country for them and when it comes time to sell they are worth considerably more than lesser spec examples.

All my cars have had exclusive options, try this method and you can be alike in not getting hosed when it comes time to sell.
if so, then you shouldn't ask for our help. you should HELP us poor enthusiast to afford the ever escalating prices of Porsches

my sales rep is back tomorrow at sonnen, i will report back on the opportunity for allocations for a GT3 Touring
excellent
sonnen is a good dealer and I know every sales there. if you are around, I will be picking up my 2nd 991.2GT3RS this weekend.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

FML I hate this forum except mooty's and trackcar threads. Ok and Orthjoe too
Old 01-30-2019, 04:25 PM
neversaynever
Track Day

mooty, great hearing from you!

i will shoot you a text, you know who i am.

Trying to determine if the GT3 is even the right car for me, i get what you are saying the 3.8 felt too under powered solely because i was used to 620 horse modified 997 turbo
will the 4.0 with 25 or so more horse even be fathomable, likely not

my current daily driver is a renntech S65 with a little over 715 horse and 800ftlbs of toque
now do you feel my pain with the its just not enough motor for me paired with the bore of pdk

i feel a lot of the members on here are far too critical, hold your damn horses and be pleasant
Old 01-30-2019, 05:40 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

OP I wold suggest you try and get a 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive series car. The HP & TQ numbers would be more to your liking, the size will not (as you appear to prefer the shorter wheelbase and smaller dimensions of the 997) and the Exclusive Series might hold its value better (if you don't put a lot of miles on the car)..although I doubt you would "make money" on the TTS. If you just want a rare P-car to have fun in with power in the 600-700HP range then the Exclusive Turbo S might just be for you! Good luck though but given the description of your needs, the GT3 does not appear to be the car for you.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Touring - Demanding Higher Pre Owned Values