Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Silenced Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 07:34 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

A/S,
Thank you for the detailed assessment. I got -38lbs on a freight scale and kept the exhaust bracket in place. Your scale is more accurate and provides more favorable numbers so I’ll go with that 😊. So leaving the rear exhaust bracket in place and adding about 0.5 lbs for the additional hardware I’ll give the weight loss on my car at about 41.5 lbs. I can’t wait to finally drive it.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:42 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Awesome posts! Great info and brilliant to hear customer feedback, especially on the subjective areas of sound, tone and 'drone'.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 05-10-2019, 01:21 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

I decided to take the plunge and ordered the silenced race. Still concerned about passing sound at Road America in two weeks but fingers crossed it'll be OK.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:03 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

^^^You won't regret. This is the best sound I have heard in a 997, 991 GT3 period. The Race Pipes (non-silenced) those are too loud for my tolerance, I applaud the ones that can handle such loudness.

The Silenced Race Pipes are the perfect balance of sound level (loud, but not obnoxious), little to no-drone (the stock exhaust drones more when it opens the valves around 3,800rpm). This is the highest pitch sound I have heard in a GT3, and at 9,000rpm it's just magical.

I'm placing my JCR Silenced Race Pipes for sale, I have 2 sets of headers here, and a 3rd set on the way, and the only set of headers compatible with these JCR Race Pipes is catless and ultra-loud. I can't pass 100dB days with headers and these JCR pipes, and I need the extra mid-range of the headers as my car is under-powered for the classes where it runs (I have to run against ZR1, 720S, ViperACR, GT2RS, etc.).

Call John Gaydos at Soul Performance, and get the 991 GT3 resonated tips and turn down pipes with Quick Connects (V-band clamps), that's insurance.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:15 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

^^^
Well hell, I would have bought yours had I known!! Guess I was a day or two too early placing the order.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:07 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Product arrived today and was packed very nicely. Installation should happen Saturday followed by corner balancing and suspension work for camber, caster, and toe.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:43 AM
dxbtousa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by krell
Product arrived today and was packed very nicely. Installation should happen Saturday followed by corner balancing and suspension work for camber, caster, and toe.
Cant Wait for sound clips?
Old 09-04-2019, 06:28 PM
ad2330
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 61 Posts

BUMP. You guys with the JCR titanium silenced race pipe, can you give some more feedback? Considering this setup.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:07 AM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ad2330
BUMP. You guys with the JCR titanium silenced race pipe, can you give some more feedback? Considering this setup.
Me too , i need videos
Old 09-05-2019, 11:50 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

I've had mine on the car since May with five track days in there at Road America. With the car in auto mode the car shifts around 2k at my throttle input so the exhaust is not intrusive at all when I'm driving on surface streets. On the highway there is a boominess / resonance that hits between 2.2k and 3k that I am not a fan of. This can be mitigated by adjusting cruising speed or gear selection. Coming off throttle and coasting while in that RPM range is where the exhaust becomes the most annoying. The boom in the cabin is really off-putting.

Once the engine is under heavy load things come alive. At times there is this fantastic "spit" when pulling the paddle for a higher gear that has literally left me laughing in the car. It's incredible that a street car can sound like this. Then once the car gets on-track the soundtrack is taken to an entirely different level. Living between 6 - 9k, diving into a corner and dropping from sixth gear to second at turn five at Road America is something incredible to experience. I was concerned about not meeting the 103dB sound limit there but haven't had any issues.

I'd say this exhaust is a bit of Jekyll and Hyde. If you want that RSR sound and spend a good amount of time at the track this product is a must have. If you putter around town, don't spend much time above 4 or 5k, or generally find that boom and drone offensive, this may not be the system for you. If you're driving style and usage is close to mine it's a tougher call. After living with it for the first month and some track time I was convinced it was coming off and I was going to sell it. But for the time being I'm keeping it because the pros outweigh the cons for me at this point.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:55 AM
ad2330
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by krell
I've had mine on the car since May with five track days in there at Road America. With the car in auto mode the car shifts around 2k at my throttle input so the exhaust is not intrusive at all when I'm driving on surface streets. On the highway there is a boominess / resonance that hits between 2.2k and 3k that I am not a fan of. This can be mitigated by adjusting cruising speed or gear selection. Coming off throttle and coasting while in that RPM range is where the exhaust becomes the most annoying. The boom in the cabin is really off-putting.

Once the engine is under heavy load things come alive. At times there is this fantastic "spit" when pulling the paddle for a higher gear that has literally left me laughing in the car. It's incredible that a street car can sound like this. Then once the car gets on-track the soundtrack is taken to an entirely different level. Living between 6 - 9k, diving into a corner and dropping from sixth gear to second at turn five at Road America is something incredible to experience. I was concerned about not meeting the 103dB sound limit there but haven't had any issues.

I'd say this exhaust is a bit of Jekyll and Hyde. If you want that RSR sound and spend a good amount of time at the track this product is a must have. If you putter around town, don't spend much time above 4 or 5k, or generally find that boom and drone offensive, this may not be the system for you. If you're driving style and usage is close to mine it's a tougher call. After living with it for the first month and some track time I was convinced it was coming off and I was going to sell it. But for the time being I'm keeping it because the pros outweigh the cons for me at this point.

Thanks for chiming in.

Sounds a bit like my experience with the valved race pipe. However, the drone can't be nearly as bad give it's silenced. I think race headers + silenced race pipe might be the ticket.

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Silenced Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)