Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Silenced Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 03:32 PM
AndreasPeriera
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Thanks for the compliments.

Which issue from 2-4k rpm? In regards to drone?

Warranty, although we do have no specific warranty information its important to state that we 100% stand behind our customers and products. This whole community and industry is built on trust and although we do not anticipate any issues arising with our products its needless to say that in the unlikely event of a problem which was no fault of the customer then we would of course take immediate action to remedy.

JC
No not the drone. It is the OEM lack of sound below 4k rpm that I wanna solve. The higher rpms RSR sound is the cherry on top.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:34 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by AndreasPeriera
No not the drone. It is the OEM lack of sound below 4k rpm that I wanna solve. The higher rpms RSR sound is the cherry on top.
Try this, unplug the valves on your car and drive it in between 1k-4k rpm, full throttle, coasting, engine braking, partial throttle accelerations and over runs. The car is louder (the stock car is too quiet, excessively quiet), but the sound is not good.

The JCR Silenced Race Pipes are louder than the stock car with valves disconnected, and the tone at low RPMs is nice sounding, and gets better as revs increase (which all exhaust flavors do), but most exhausts out there don't have a nice sound at 3500rpm and below.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:43 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by AndreasPeriera
Understood. Its difficult to achieve a nice tone with low gas speed associated to low RPM but I do feel we have some tone down in that RPM range, certainly 3000rpm onwards you start to hear the signature sound

Originally Posted by A/S
Try this, unplug the valves on your car and drive it in between 1k-4k rpm, full throttle, coasting, engine braking, partial throttle accelerations and over runs. The car is louder (the stock car is too quiet, excessively quiet), but the sound is not good.

The JCR Silenced Race Pipes are louder than the stock car with valves disconnected, and the tone at low RPMs is nice sounding, and gets better as revs increase (which all exhaust flavors do), but most exhausts out there don't have a nice sound at 3500rpm and below.
Nice feedback, thanks!

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 01-31-2019, 08:35 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Well, 200+ miles on the JCR Silenced Race Pipes.

I went back to my stock headers, removed the Akrapovic. The Akrapovic catted headers work well with all the side bypass systems out there (valved and non-valved, single or double tubes into the stock center muffler or Akrapovic Slip-On). However, for the JCR Race pipes, the Akrapovic headers attachment to this Titanium system maxes out the stock header clamps (they barely get tight on this joint), so I was getting a little bit of an exhaust leak and it developed more intense as I put miles on the new JCR Silenced Race pipes. Spent less than 2 hours and swapped to my 60 miles old stock .2 GT3 RS headers. No more exhaust leaks.

I can feel that the car has lost a little bit of power, by my seat of the pants it could be a 10-15hp loss. So, I want my power back, and the Akrapovic won't be it (unless Akrapovic designs their headers to match the stock headers shape on the single outlet).

With the stock headers, and JCR Silenced Race Pipes, the tone is still there, sounds pretty shocking good, and the volume level went a little down, barely noticeable, but it is still louder than either: side bypass pipes, or any center bypass pipes. I actually was getting used to the tad louder volume (same tone) with the Akrapovic headers + these Silenced Race Pipes, but an exhaust leak sounds like a car with no gaskets on a loosely install manifold.

I have a bunch of pictures with weights, my car lost close to 45 lbs from the back. I blame this JCR exhaust on putting these many miles in few days, as I'm driving the car with no destinations, or making my destinations longer just to enjoy the sound.

Love how the Titanium is turning into multiple colors. The quality of all the hardware is top: clamps to attach the center piece, bolts/nuts and the mounting plates and rubber isolator for the mount, the bolts/nuts for the exhaust tips. Top level stuff. I'm teasing friends with voice recording swinging the car on high RPMs, it sound heavenly. JCR's videos are missing another 500rpm of even higher pitch sound, as those are videos from a .1 GT3 RS. This system sounds better in a .2 GT3/GT3RS because of 9000rpm.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:59 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

A/S, thanks for the feedback. Any drone or unpleasant sounds in low rpms or cruising on the highway? Are you using stock tips or one of JC's options?

Any chance you , Jon70 or JC can post some more detailed video of the silenced race pipe (preferably with OEM cats)? I know video will not fully represent the sound, but throw a brother a bone will you?
Old 01-31-2019, 09:35 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyGT3
A/S, thanks for the feedback. Any drone or unpleasant sounds in low rpms or cruising on the highway? Are you using stock tips or one of JC's options?

Any chance you , Jon70 or JC can post some more detailed video of the silenced race pipe (preferably with OEM cats)? I know video will not fully represent the sound, but throw a brother a bone will you?
I wish I could give a review now but this weather has kept my car in the shop for now. I hope to give it a test next week sometime.

Last edited by Jon70; 02-01-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:24 AM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Jon appreciate it.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:26 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
Well, 200+ miles on the JCR Silenced Race Pipes.

I went back to my stock headers, removed the Akrapovic. The Akrapovic catted headers work well with all the side bypass systems out there (valved and non-valved, single or double tubes into the stock center muffler or Akrapovic Slip-On). However, for the JCR Race pipes, the Akrapovic headers attachment to this Titanium system maxes out the stock header clamps (they barely get tight on this joint), so I was getting a little bit of an exhaust leak and it developed more intense as I put miles on the new JCR Silenced Race pipes. Spent less than 2 hours and swapped to my 60 miles old stock .2 GT3 RS headers. No more exhaust leaks.

I can feel that the car has lost a little bit of power, by my seat of the pants it could be a 10-15hp loss. So, I want my power back, and the Akrapovic won't be it (unless Akrapovic designs their headers to match the stock headers shape on the single outlet).
To clarify, is the feeling of lost power resulting from the akrapovic headers being that much better than stock and not the JCR exhaust itself resulting in that perceived loss? I’m assuming you never ran the stock headers with the JCR exhaust prior to the akrapovic headers?
Old 02-01-2019, 09:24 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70

To clarify, is the feeling of lost power resulting from the akrapovic headers being that much better than stock and not the JCR exhaust itself resulting in that perceived loss? I’m assuming you never ran the stock headers with the JCR exhaust prior to the akrapovic headers?
I have to believe there is lost torque on the lower-end with these race pipes but i guess as soon as we see a Dyno we will know if this is the case or not
Old 02-01-2019, 12:19 PM
cacpa
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have to believe there is lost torque on the lower-end with these race pipes but i guess as soon as we see a Dyno we will know if this is the case or not
Is this the general consensus? I have read this statement many times as well as the converse, but I don't recall anyone actually proving it. I wonder if this is the same principle on the Non-Silenced Race Pipe. What about side deletes? What about center bypass?

Maybe an ME can explain the technical reasons.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

^ I am waiting for the dyno graph on this Pipe
Old 02-01-2019, 03:45 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jon70

Yes, it is due to the Akrapovic headers being removed and going back to the stock headers.

When I drove my 2019 GT3 RS in stock form, among the initial feedback I posted, there was a perceived loss of power compared to my 2016 GT3 RS. My 991.1 had the stock center muffler, Single L-pipes (no side muffers) and the Akrapovic headers. My .1 felt stronger than my .2. Same roads, same day, long test drive on my brand new 2019 GT3 RS with just 13 delivery miles.

In a matter of days, I installed the same exhaust configuration (Akrapovic + L pipes + stock center) in the .2 RS. The feeling of the car being under powered compared to my .1 RS vanished, now the .2 felt strong in the low and medium RPM range (up to 5k rpm, because I was breaking in the engine).

Once I got out of the break-in period, and swung the engine to the 9k rpm at full throttle, I could feel that my .2 was definitely stronger than my .1, not as crazy difference but a difference nonetheless.

Now, removing the Akrapovic headers and putting back the stock headers, I feel a power loss, but it is strictly related to the headers, not the JCR pipes. JCR already tested a .1RS with these pipes and they gained a little bit of power. Most side bypass systems make a little extra power (the stock side mufflers with valves open still restrict flow).

What I don't have (and won't have) is a comparison between the full stock system (stock headers, stock side mufflers, stock center muffler) vs. these JCR pipes with stock headers. But even at the same power levels, my car lost 44.5 lbs and I weighed all the parts that came out and went it to a 0.1 lbs precision. However, JCR's own testing shows that these Race Pipes made power.

I'll do some VBox testing, as I have a lot of acceleration data from my .1, so I can compare the two RSs. The best my ,1RS did from 0-100 was a 7.1secs, grip is not that great at the test facility, 60ft in the 1.9s with LC, but my average was 7.2s, with 7.1-7.3 being the normal range to 100mph. As a comparison, my 991.1 Turbo S does 5.8 at the same place, but it also does 1.5s-1.6s 60ft time.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:49 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Old 02-01-2019, 04:09 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Weight Reduction from the JCR Silenced Race pipes in my 2019 GT3 RS:

Stock system:
1) Side mufflers 22 lbs each: 44 lbs
2) My Titanium Center Muffler with no tips: 12.1 lbs
3) Exhaust Tips: 2 lbs
4) Exhaust support bracket: 2.4 lbs
TOTAL Weight: 60.5 lbs (weight for the 991.2 GT3 is heavier due to the 8 lbs heavier stock center muffler)

JCR Silenced Race Pipes:
1) Ti pipes, 5.8 lbs each: 11.6 lbs
2) Merge collector: 2.4 lbs
3) Exhaust Tips: 2 lbs (reused by stock ones)
TOTAL Weight: 16 lbs

Weight removed from the rear axle: 44.5 lbs (give or take a few ounces due to the rubber mounts to support the pipes, they are small and weigh close to nothing).

This JCR system is also close to 5 lbs lighter than my stock Ti center muffler and FVD L-pipes, as each FVD L-pipe weighs 2.1 lbs, and the stock center muffler requires the 2.4 lbs exhaust support ( no need to remove this support to install the JCR).

Old 02-01-2019, 04:10 PM
rollsroy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm most curious to know if there is any "booming" drone noise from this setup.

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Silenced Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)