Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Silenced Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 05:53 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

^Thanks-That is a good size
Old 01-26-2019, 02:57 AM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Jonny!!!!!

This thing is beyond awesome.

I had to get creative with the rubber mounts and brackets, due to no instructions or pictures. Fortunately, the pictures from the straight race pipes showed the position to mount the brackets, and two plates came marked R.H. and L.H.

I have these Silenced Race Pipes connected to my Akrapovic headers.

Prior to today, my 2019 GT3 RS was running on these Akrapovic Titanium headers with 100-cell cats, L-pipes to the stock center Titanium muffler. My L-pipes are from Akrapovic (Titanium as well). I like this system, it has a little drone in the 2k-3.4k rpm range but it is not annoying.

...but your race pipes are something else. I have had all sort of nice sounding V8 and V12 european cars, my favorite sound was from my 599 with GTO headers, 2nd cats deleted, and Tubi mufflers, until today. I can't believe you made my GT3RS sound this good.

My best description for the JCR pipes is that the tachometer is reading 1,250rpm-1,500rpm too low, meaning that at 3000rpm on the tach feels like my old exhaust (and any other exhaust combination I have run in these 991s GT cars) at 4,250rpm. At 6,000rpm on the tach it sounds like it is over 7,500rpm. At 7,000rpm it sounds like it is near the redline in my old 2016 GT3 RS (it had an 8500rpm rev limiter). I ran the car up to 8,000rpm while testing this new exhaust, and my passenger almost cried from the aural experience, his words: it sounds like the F1 video game (no idea what he was talking about, console, which game, etc.).

I took pictures and measured weight on everything that came out and everything that went it.

It took me a lot of time to figure out how to remove the factory center exhaust mounting bracket (the one attached by 2 nuts and 1 bolt to the engine case/support). I took it out, it was a 2.4 lbs piece. Worth getting these 2.4 lbs out of the car.

By the way, the 2019 GT3 RS exhaust tips are only 2 lbs and they are either Aluminum or Titanium, I can't tell, they are much lighter than my 2016 GT3 RS exhaust tips (they were made of steel).

The sound!!!!!! nailed it. It is louder than my side bypass pipes, I was expecting the system to be quieter than the side bypass pipes, and I was almost hesitant that I would have to sell these silenced pipes and buy the straight pipes, but it is not needed. This is a solid 8/10 for volume level, but the tone is just unreal good.

I can't wait for the rain to stop, find an empty road and put this car to 9,000rpm. If I could put that sound into a cell phone ringtone, It would be a best-seller.

Awesome product. I want Inconel Long Tube headers next!!!

Best of all....No drone at all, just loud and balanced sound with a higher pitch and an emotional feeling, now I like this car, I want to drive it again...

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2019, 03:40 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

A/S thanks for sharing , louder than L pipes!! yours hears must be very strong 🙂

testing to find a system that wakes up the GT3 personality sound even between 0 and 5k rpm but less louder than L side delete pipes, which sound good but a little too much for my DD

Jonny your center mufflers silenced bypass have more restrictive silencers than race silenced?

Last edited by fxz; 01-26-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:30 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 298 Posts

Those silenced tips are interesting. Any tests as to how many db sound is reduced?
Old 01-26-2019, 12:58 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 937 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
Jonny!!!!!

This thing is beyond awesome.

I had to get creative with the rubber mounts and brackets, due to no instructions or pictures. Fortunately, the pictures from the straight race pipes showed the position to mount the brackets, and two plates came marked R.H. and L.H.

I have these Silenced Race Pipes connected to my Akrapovic headers.

Prior to today, my 2019 GT3 RS was running on these Akrapovic Titanium headers with 100-cell cats, L-pipes to the stock center Titanium muffler. My L-pipes are from Akrapovic (Titanium as well). I like this system, it has a little drone in the 2k-3.4k rpm range but it is not annoying.

...but your race pipes are something else. I have had all sort of nice sounding V8 and V12 european cars, my favorite sound was from my 599 with GTO headers, 2nd cats deleted, and Tubi mufflers, until today. I can't believe you made my GT3RS sound this good.

My best description for the JCR pipes is that the tachometer is reading 1,250rpm-1,500rpm too low, meaning that at 3000rpm on the tach feels like my old exhaust (and any other exhaust combination I have run in these 991s GT cars) at 4,250rpm. At 6,000rpm on the tach it sounds like it is over 7,500rpm. At 7,000rpm it sounds like it is near the redline in my old 2016 GT3 RS (it had an 8500rpm rev limiter). I ran the car up to 8,000rpm while testing this new exhaust, and my passenger almost cried from the aural experience, his words: it sounds like the F1 video game (no idea what he was talking about, console, which game, etc.).

I took pictures and measured weight on everything that came out and everything that went it.

It took me a lot of time to figure out how to remove the factory center exhaust mounting bracket (the one attached by 2 nuts and 1 bolt to the engine case/support). I took it out, it was a 2.4 lbs piece. Worth getting these 2.4 lbs out of the car.

By the way, the 2019 GT3 RS exhaust tips are only 2 lbs and they are either Aluminum or Titanium, I can't tell, they are much lighter than my 2016 GT3 RS exhaust tips (they were made of steel).

The sound!!!!!! nailed it. It is louder than my side bypass pipes, I was expecting the system to be quieter than the side bypass pipes, and I was almost hesitant that I would have to sell these silenced pipes and buy the straight pipes, but it is not needed. This is a solid 8/10 for volume level, but the tone is just unreal good.

I can't wait for the rain to stop, find an empty road and put this car to 9,000rpm. If I could put that sound into a cell phone ringtone, It would be a best-seller.

Awesome product. I want Inconel Long Tube headers next!!!

Best of all....No drone at all, just loud and balanced sound with a higher pitch and an emotional feeling, now I like this car, I want to drive it again...

Thanks!
Wow! Thank you for such a detailed and glowing review. Big smiles reading that one, glad you’re feeling and experiencing everything that we hoped to achieve with this product.

Inconel Race Manifolds and Silenced Race Pipe is a killer set up, that’s what’s installed on our car, awesome gains and incredible sound all without drone.

Originally Posted by RDCR
Those silenced tips are interesting. Any tests as to how many db sound is reduced?
3/4dB average, up to 5dB on drive by. A very noticeable drop in sound levels and enough to make the difference between being able to run on track or being asked to go home!

JC
Old 01-27-2019, 01:38 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

I’m very interested in this setup. Curious if it’s possible to utilize a longer silencer to further lower the volume
Old 01-27-2019, 07:41 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SocalTouring
I’m very interested in this setup. Curious if it’s possible to utilize a longer silencer to further lower the volume
We’re maxed out on size in regards to diameter and length due to the OEM centre silencer bracket and heatshields.

Its a shame that it’s so difficult to convey sound over video but if you ever get an opportunity to hear this system in person I’m sure you’ll agree that the sound is very reasonable under normal driving conditions whilst still being raw when you want it to be.

JC
Old 01-27-2019, 02:44 PM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Have you sold any to members in Southern California?
Old 01-27-2019, 06:56 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

I would like to know if this set-up would be much louder than with just a rear bypass like a GRP/GMG??

Anyone who now has this who might of had a rear bypass with the rest being OEM would be interested in hearing your thoughts
Old 01-27-2019, 07:16 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I cant imagine it wouldn't be louder. No first hand experience though.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:56 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I am hoping to get mine (silenced) installed tomorrow or Tuesday and I'll give a review shortly after.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:14 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Looking forward to it!
Old 01-31-2019, 04:52 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I would like to know if this set-up would be much louder than with just a rear bypass like a GRP/GMG??

Anyone who now has this who might of had a rear bypass with the rest being OEM would be interested in hearing your thoughts
Its louder than just a centre bypass combined with OEM Valved Side Silencers but quieter than a Centre Bypass combined with Side Silencer Deletes.

The sound quality & tone is influenced far more after the installation of our Silenced Race Pipe than it is after installation of any Centre Bypass.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 01-31-2019, 01:31 PM
AndreasPeriera
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

​I was sure Dundon was the way to go but after listening to your rsr style race pipe I can say this is really awesome and cheaper as well.
Most crucially, does this solve the issue with the OEM set up and that is the sound at 2-4k rpm? A video in that range would really help. Excellent job jcr.
Finally, do you offer any warranty on the parts?
Old 01-31-2019, 02:08 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AndreasPeriera
​I was sure Dundon was the way to go but after listening to your rsr style race pipe I can say this is really awesome and cheaper as well.
Most crucially, does this solve the issue with the OEM set up and that is the sound at 2-4k rpm? A video in that range would really help. Excellent job jcr.
Finally, do you offer any warranty on the parts?
Thanks for the compliments.

Which issue from 2-4k rpm? In regards to drone?

Warranty, although we do have no specific warranty information its important to state that we 100% stand behind our customers and products. This whole community and industry is built on trust and although we do not anticipate any issues arising with our products its needless to say that in the unlikely event of a problem which was no fault of the customer then we would of course take immediate action to remedy.

JC

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Silenced Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer)