Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product & Intro Offer)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 02:38 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts
Default JCR // Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product & Intro Offer)

Hey all,

Very happy to introduce and launch another new product from JCR, this time our Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass.

A long time in the waiting, we really wanted to be releasing these parts much sooner but it was important to be totally satisfied with the valves and the overall solution. Initially we had planned to produce the valved version of our side silencer bypass with an Inconel valve section combined with the Titanium main body in order to produce a more cost effective solution for the end user however we have sourced and tested super high quality Titanium valves and purchasing in large numbers allowed us to drive the price down close to that of the original design. We have maintained the retail price but produced what we feel is a better overall product for the customer. Lighter weight, full titanium.

We have also added support brackets into the design in order to support the side silencer sections to relieve any additional load. This means that when combined with our Centre Silencer Bypass products the exhaust is supported from the OEM location and still allows removal of the heavy factory centre silencer support bracket, this produces an overall lighter weight exhaust, saving a further 1.67kg (3.68lbs) alone from removing the OEM bracket.

As ever, please feel free to ask any questions relating to the products and if you wish to order please just go ahead and do so following the links and instructions included at the bottom of this post.

JC

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

JCR Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass

Impressive weight savings of 17.48kg / 38.54lbs VS OEM Side Silencers

Installed on our 991.1 GT3 RS

Perfect easy installation with integrated bracket for OEM type support

Introduction

A popular upgrade for to the exhaust system of the 991 GT3 based cars is to delete the heavy OEM side silencers. Not only does this bring along large weight savings but also removes unwanted heat build up in the rear wheel arch area.

We’re happy to announce the release of our Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass suitable for all 991 GT3 based models.

Light Weight

Due to the 100% Titanium construction the JCR Side Silencer Bypass products remove an impressive amount of weight from the rear end - Any weight reduction is good news however reducing weight rearward of the 911's rear axle can yield huge improvements in handling balance too. This truly is a win win modification.

The JCR Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass products are super light weight saving over 17.48kg / (38.54lbs) when compared directly to the OEM side silencers.

Upgradability

The unique design of our Side Silencer Bypass products as mentioned above mean that owners can choose to upgrade a non-valved version of our Side Silencer Bypass to a valved version by purchasing only the ‘Titanium Valve Section’.

For owners who have purchased a valved version in the first instance and wish to remove the valve they can purchase our ‘Titanium Valve Delete Section’.

This means not only do owners have more choice but also a route up change up the configuration of the exhaust easily and much more cost effectively in the future.

OEM Style Twin Entry

Most of the side silencer replacement products on the market call for the upper most entry point in the OEM centre silencer to be plugged and all exhaust gasses to be directed through the lower portion of the silencer only.

There is some strong evidence to suggest that directing gasses through only the lower section of the factory silencer can attribute to dramatically to decreasing the OEM silencers life and increasing chances of cracking. With this in mind we have retained the OEM style twin entry design as to not introduce any unwanted pressure differential which can be attributed to failures.

Key Features
  • 100% Titanium Construction
  • -17.48kg / 38.54lbs VS OEM Side Silencers
  • OEM Style Twin Entry Design
  • Improved Sound Quality
  • HP & TQ Increase
Applications
  • 991.1 GT3 / R / RS
  • 991.2 GT3 / Touring / RS
Pricing & Availability

• £2695.00
  • Available Now
Order Now - RL Intro Discount

* orders placed and paid for before 1st Feb will qualify for the discount as listed below

ORDER NOW - TITANIUM VALVED SIDE SILENCER BYPASS

£2695.00 GBP ($3475.00 USD) + shipping / RL MEMBERS DISCOUNT - £2493.00 GBP ($3213.00 USD) + free shipping

ORDER NOW - TITANIUM VALVE SECTION

£1045.00 GBP ($1348.00 USD) + shipping / RL MEMBERS DISCOUNT - £967.00 GBP ($1245.00 USD) + free shipping

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 04-17-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:55 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts

JC, good to see continuing products being developed and released.

Importantly, how is this different to Titanium & Inconel Valved Side Silencer Bypass which we are waiting on preorders to be fulfilled.

Or is everyone who pre-ordered the Titanium & Inconel Valved Side Silencer Bypass now only getting this Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass?
Old 01-18-2019, 07:04 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NCheok
JC, good to see continuing products being developed and released.

Importantly, how is this different to Titanium & Inconel Valved Side Silencer Bypass which we are waiting on preorders to be fulfilled.

Or is everyone who pre-ordered the Titanium & Inconel Valved Side Silencer Bypass now only getting this Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass?
The production version is full titanium, this is a benefit in regards to weight savings. Initially it wasn’t possible to produce a full titanium version at the price point we aimed for however this is now possible.

All pre orders will be automatically upgraded to full titanium versions unless the customer would prefer the Inconel valved version.

JC
Old 01-18-2019, 07:21 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Glad it's finally out! What a beauty.

Neat to see how unique yours is with full titanium, support bracket, and is modular with respect to valve function.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:30 PM
DR08
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

With respect to sound and volume, how would you rate the valved side deletes when paired with your silenced center bypass (both valves closed and open) versus a stock set up and versus your titanium race pipe?
Old 01-18-2019, 07:32 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
All pre orders will be automatically upgraded to full titanium versions unless the customer would prefer the Inconel valved version.
Understood JC, crystal clear. Thank you.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:13 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DR08
With respect to sound and volume, how would you rate the valved side deletes when paired with your silenced center bypass (both valves closed and open) versus a stock set up and versus your titanium race pipe?
We are on the dyno for the next few days are we’re building a data log of various dB readings (along with a huge amount of further data) in order to be able to answer questions exactly like this with total accuracy.

Although dB readings don’t tell the full story it’s a reliable point to work from. Audibly one set up may appear louder (or) quieter than another due to prominent frequencies that a more audible and less pleasing to our ears.

OEM as a base line then the race pipe is a 9/10 in terms of volume (10/10) when paired with our Inconel Race Manifolds however the low down sound is very manageable as owners of this system will tell you.

Valved sides with our silenced centre would be around 4/10 valves closed & 8/10 valves open. It’s a big delta but also this is all subjective as one persons ‘loud’ can well be another persons ‘quiet’

Hope that helps!

JC
Old 01-19-2019, 05:14 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Glad it's finally out! What a beauty.

Neat to see how unique yours is with full titanium, support bracket, and is modular with respect to valve function.
As I mentioned it’s taken longer than we wanted or anticipated however the results speak for themselves and I’m really happy with the final product. (Coming back to you very shortly via email)

JC
Old 01-19-2019, 11:50 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

​​​​​​​
Old 01-19-2019, 12:20 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

As I mentioned it’s taken longer than we wanted or anticipated however the results speak for themselves and I’m really happy with the final product. (Coming back to you very shortly via email)

JC
Thanks Jonny.
I cannot wait to install this valved side delete w/ my Silenced, JCR Center muffler.

IMO, this is the most perfect solution for me to have the highest quality, Jeckyll/Hyde behavior I need....and to appease the wife (on occasion).
Old 01-19-2019, 01:42 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Thanks Jonny.
I cannot wait to install this valved side delete w/ my Silenced, JCR Center muffler.

IMO, this is the most perfect solution for me to have the highest quality, Jeckyll/Hyde behavior I need....and to appease the wife (on occasion).
I notice you spreading the word amongst some recent threads!

Its a great set up, I’m sure you’ll love it!

JC
Old 01-19-2019, 01:44 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

when should we see the Race system with a valve option so it can have a silenced mode. The longer pipe design of the race system you guys made, has me intrigued. Waiting to see performance numbers on the race unit( at least hoping no loss in power, torque ) and would like that with a valve option
Old 01-19-2019, 04:07 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

I'm waiting delivery of a JCR race system (the long pipes with crossover) silenced version.

Currently, my car is on Akrapovic Titanium headers 100-cell, L-pipes to the stock .2 GT3RS Ti center muffler, upper inlets on center muffler blocked. The car is louder than the same setup with the stock headers. It is nice loud, I would rate it at 8/10 (10/10 being the loudest).

My expectation is that the JCR Race pipes with silencers will be less loud (maybe 7/10) and also produce a better quality sound. My interests is on the lightest possible setup that produces power and reduces weight, while being OK loud. I will report once installed.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:00 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
I'm waiting delivery of a JCR race system (the long pipes with crossover) silenced version.

Currently, my car is on Akrapovic Titanium headers 100-cell, L-pipes to the stock .2 GT3RS Ti center muffler, upper inlets on center muffler blocked. The car is louder than the same setup with the stock headers. It is nice loud, I would rate it at 8/10 (10/10 being the loudest).

My expectation is that the JCR Race pipes with silencers will be less loud (maybe 7/10) and also produce a better quality sound. My interests is on the lightest possible setup that produces power and reduces weight, while being OK loud. I will report once installed.
did you get a tune with the 100 cell cats. I would love a full race header, i have no inspection in SC, but cannot deal with CEL, i have a .2 gt3 and want the sound that the race system makes, but want a valve option. The power issues isn't as long as it does not lose power, then i won't do it. I have side deletes now, like them a lot, fabspeed and dudon race headers would be my first choice, but I cannot void my warranty to have a tune. just cant do it
Old 01-19-2019, 05:27 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

There is no need to tune a car to avoid a CEL today.

i had Fabspeed long tube headers, no cats, no tune, and no CEL. I installed the Fabspeed mini cats with those headers.

My akrapovic headers, no tune either and no CEL. In the Akra I have an L extension where the 2nd o2 is connected. With the stock akra headers I got a CEL.

I can’t tune a GT3 engine after 991.1 GT3-gate, Porsche would not fund a $100k repair bill on an engine design deffect if a non-stock tune is found. I haven’t actually tuned the ECU in any of my GT3s since 2004.

i think that companies making catless headers lose potential sales because of concerns about CEL and having to tune a car to avoid a CEL, when solutions with no need for a tune can be easily tested and fine tuned if needed.

Although the idea of an E85 .2 GT3 RS is very appealing, 560hp with the right exhaust, glory.

I can’t stand a CEL, I just can’t, I have stopped driving a car because of how much I get bothered with that Yellow indicator, tried Black electrical tape on dashboard and I was still bothered.

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product & Intro Offer)