Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product & Intro Offer)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 08:10 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Love the modularity and choice. Though, what’s most intriguing to me is the attention paid to sound TONE. I understand the function before form argument. I am a motor head / performance,/optimization fiend... but if I can at least not lose power and get RSR/exotic sound I wanna give it a try!
Has the dyno been done on the Silenced Race Pipe? Certainly leaning in this direction
Old 02-06-2019, 09:10 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Has the dyno been done on the Silenced Race Pipe? Certainly leaning in this direction
Not sure. I’m not too concerned with the dyno results. If i feel a perceived loss in power, i’ll swap it out.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:18 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Completed Install on GT3 Touring

Spent a couple nights last week and completed the install of the "Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass".

Install retained the Center OEM Stainless Muffler (may replace with an OEM GT3 RS muffler if anyone has one available) and simply replaced the Side Mufflers....

Install was fairly straight forward - and although I'm sure JC does not intend home gamers to try this install often - there was no instructions of any kind in the box or on the website that I could find - again, fairly easy to figure out, but the photos of the side silencer installed on a porsche on the website were not of a GT3 as far as I can tell so I had to base the final configuration on trial and error in order to get a perfectly fit and centered final result.

Impressions of any power difference = none that I can tell, and I was not expecting gains, I was worried about power/torque loss at low RPM. There is realistically no way the butt dyno was going to feel anything unless it was a dramatic change, but I was happy that all the changes were positive ones.

Impressions of exhaust note - awesome. The OEM center helps retain the overall underlying character of the stock system - the removal of the sides just makes it sound like I had hoped when purchasing a GT car. When valves are closed there is little to no drone - only a hint around 3800 rpm - and the whole car feels and sounds a bit more special. Opening the valves at low rpm produces a hearty burble and I am very satisfied with the overall product.

Impressions of build quality - very good build quality - OEM level fit and finish

The final pic of the installed Side Silencer was still tweaked a bit more to line up everything just a bit more perfectly - but then of course I forgot to grab a pic...

OEM System -

Stark difference between the two systems

Evident in this shot where the reduction in heat soak to the rear tires comes from

Last edited by DrKid; 04-23-2019 at 10:29 PM. Reason: I suck at typing
Old 04-24-2019, 11:40 AM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Share a video if possible, looking to do the same on my touring. Thanks for the writeup.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:15 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Great write up, excellent to hear you're pleased with the sound and results. Dropping all that weight is never a bad thing!

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 04-24-2019, 02:24 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by DrKid
Spent a couple nights last week and completed the install of the "Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass".

Install retained the Center OEM Stainless Muffler (may replace with an OEM GT3 RS muffler if anyone has one available) and simply replaced the Side Mufflers....

Install was fairly straight forward - and although I'm sure JC does not intend home gamers to try this install often - there was no instructions of any kind in the box or on the website that I could find - again, fairly easy to figure out, but the photos of the side silencer installed on a porsche on the website were not of a GT3 as far as I can tell so I had to base the final configuration on trial and error in order to get a perfectly fit and centered final result.

Impressions of any power difference = none that I can tell, and I was not expecting gains, I was worried about power/torque loss at low RPM. There is realistically no way the butt dyno was going to feel anything unless it was a dramatic change, but I was happy that all the changes were positive ones.

Impressions of exhaust note - awesome. The OEM center helps retain the overall underlying character of the stock system - the removal of the sides just makes it sound like I had hoped when purchasing a GT car. When valves are closed there is little to no drone - only a hint around 3800 rpm - and the whole car feels and sounds a bit more special. Opening the valves at low rpm produces a hearty burble and I am very satisfied with the overall product.

Impressions of build quality - very good build quality - OEM level fit and finish

The final pic of the installed Side Silencer was still tweaked a bit more to line up everything just a bit more perfectly - but then of course I forgot to grab a pic...

Evident in this shot where the reduction in heat soak to the rear tires comes from
Thanks for your thoughts.

With valves open is the sound really any different from stock, with valves open? In either case you're getting a straight shot from the cat to the center muffler. Although stock, I suspect there is some bleed into the side sections, albeit small. And yes, a video with an actual fly-by would be awesome (not just a startup in a garage).
Old 04-24-2019, 02:44 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

A video/sound clip would be great. Looking to upgrade the sound of my 2gt3rs
Old 04-24-2019, 03:33 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Thanks for your thoughts.

With valves open is the sound really any different from stock, with valves open? In either case you're getting a straight shot from the cat to the center muffler. Although stock, I suspect there is some bleed into the side sections, albeit small. And yes, a video with an actual fly-by would be awesome (not just a startup in a garage).
Car is at dealer today getting its first oil change. I will enlist the kids to help me record a start, low rpm, high rpm and fly by recording.

The sound of the bypass is different than stock with valves closed - the silenced bypass is similar in tone to stock with valves open but it is louder (not glaringly so) and a more robust sound.

Stand by about 24 hours for audio recordings - unfortunately I did not take before recordings of the sound - but if you have a stock GT3 you can obviously appreciate what the "before" sounds like - though it is always nice to have back to back comparisons with the same audio equipment and environment.

Originally Posted by MattDFW
Share a video if possible, looking to do the same on my touring. Thanks for the writeup.
No worries and will do

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Great write up, excellent to hear you're pleased with the sound and results. Dropping all that weight is never a bad thing!

JC
So far so good - very pleased

Originally Posted by Psup4s
A video/sound clip would be great. Looking to upgrade the sound of my 2gt3rs
Will do...
Old 04-24-2019, 05:13 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

The sound of the bypass is different than stock with valves closed - the silenced bypass is similar in tone to stock with valves open but it is louder (not glaringly so) and a more robust sound.
So with valves closed, the sound is similar to stock with valves open? Interesting.

Thanks in advance for doing some clips with the valves open
Old 05-03-2019, 09:23 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Placed an order this week, waiting on JCR team to finish fab and ship. JCR did some custom work, they welded in the valves (on request). Will let you know how things progress.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:43 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by iphilips
Placed an order this week, waiting on JCR team to finish fab and ship. JCR did some custom work, they welded in the valves (on request). Will let you know how things progress.
Thanks for the order

JC
Old 05-24-2019, 05:53 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

So it's been a month, any update? How about that drive-by vid?
Old 05-25-2019, 02:01 AM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

So it's been a month, any update? How about that drive-by vid?
Attempt #1 on Video...
It needs improvement with the launches and drive by's but overall you can hopefully get the gist.

Cheers

Password is GT3

Old 05-25-2019, 03:18 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Attempt #1 on Video...
It needs improvement with the launches and drive by's but overall you can hopefully get the gist.

Cheers

Password is GT3

https://vimeo.com/338387533
Thanks!

Good video quality for sure. Any chance you plan on doing a video where you're taking the car to redline?
Old 05-27-2019, 06:18 AM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Thanks!

Good video quality for sure. Any chance you plan on doing a video where you're taking the car to redline?
Thank you -
Edited and added some higher RPM runs.
Password still GT3

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass (New Product & Intro Offer)