New 991.2/992 911 R being released late this year? - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

New 991.2/992 911 R being released late this year?

Old 01-18-2019, 04:36 PM
Alan Smithee
Addict
Rennlist Member

While I would love to see a 991.2 GT3 Touring with RS motor (sans PF), manual of course, more 'playful' suspension (without RWS), and some CF/Mg panels for less weight...I find it very hard to believe we will see another 911R in the same generation. IF such a car is coming, I expect it would get a different name...

The VIPs are doing just fine. The 911R is still worth at least 50% more than they paid, and they have had a great car to enjoy for the last couple years. Not to mention first dibs on some great products since then. I doubt they are a factor in any decision to make another limited run vehicle this year; after all, they have the Speedster to look forward to...
Old 01-18-2019, 06:19 PM
Waxer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrantG View Post

So, they would appease the VIPís by giving them limited edition 520hp 911R for a high price and then **** them off again when the 992 GT3 has more power and other enhancements for less money?
For real? That would appease the VIP's????? LOL. They have gotten and scooped up every special car for years. Let me wipe the tear from my eye.
The thought of them even thinking of complaining is disgusting.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:34 PM
RupeTN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by djcxxx View Post
I can imagine a new Sport Classic w/ ducktail and Touring running gear, but there wonít be another R.
I have two new cars that would go in a heartbeat if I had a chance for this set-up.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:36 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
User

There were 50 years between the original 911 R and its reboot. Hard to fathom that Porsche would release a new and improved 911 R a mere three years after its most recent iteration. I agree, I think the Speedster will be the 991 swan song vehicle which will get snapped up by the VIPs, just like the R.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:55 AM
96redLT4
Super User

Originally Posted by djcxxx View Post
I can imagine a new Sport Classic w/ ducktail and Touring running gear, but there wonít be another R.
^^This. Porsche would look laughable and money grubbing if they released another R this soon.

J
Old 01-19-2019, 07:49 AM
Bobby 911
User

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
The 911R is still worth at least 50% more than they paid.
There are several not selling at $300k.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:09 AM
Waxer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 96redLT4 View Post
^^This. Porsche would look laughable and money grubbing if they released another R this soon.

J
Since when did Porsche ever NOT look money grubbing?
Old 01-19-2019, 12:29 PM
mclarenmaniac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just spoke to the dealer guy this morning and looks like dealers have an internal forum and someone leaked some sketches of the new 911 R ( still in the bud stage) . Looks like the release date was end of this year and it is called R and NOT touring and no idea whether NA or FI yet and not sure if itís 991.2 or 992 ( do you guys think it could be the spy pics released few months back and people thought it was 992 gt3 touring ? )
Old 01-19-2019, 01:56 PM
porschemeister
Addict
Rennlist Member

R might be the new N/A and manual stick shift model. GT3 going Turbo 😳
Old 01-19-2019, 02:17 PM
sampelligrino
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mclarenmaniac View Post
Just spoke to the dealer guy this morning and looks like dealers have an internal forum and someone leaked some sketches of the new 911 R ( still in the bud stage) . Looks like the release date was end of this year and it is called R and NOT touring and no idea whether NA or FI yet and not sure if itís 991.2 or 992 ( do you guys think it could be the spy pics released few months back and people thought it was 992 gt3 touring ? )
Old 01-19-2019, 03:13 PM
sechsgang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Id be shocked if they used the R nomenclature given the heritage, if so guess they are willing to do anything for money. Granted, after watching how they've done things this year, there could be more shocking happenings I guess lol.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:34 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Addict
Rennlist Member

There are certain things in life that better left untouched.

They can "oar" out other models, but 911R is not one of them.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 01-19-2019, 04:50 PM
BrntRubber
User

Originally Posted by GT3T View Post
Second batch of GT3 RS coming this year for Europe with the particulate filter will be 500 PS. (Reduction of 20 PS because of the filter and no doubt an increased weight too). Donít see how any other models this year with the same engine in EU can top 500 PS if this is indeed true.
Power reduction of 20hp WTF? Where is the filter located? That thing has got to go when she is given her vocal chords.

I sure hope removing it does throw up any warning lights.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:19 PM
fxz
Super User

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist hŲre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by BrntRubber View Post

Power reduction of 20hp WTF? Where is the filter located? That thing has got to go when she is given her vocal chords.

I sure hope removing it does throw up any warning lights.
Engine is remapped to deal with the particle filter which is a more complex unit than the catalyzers (controlled gas burning inside the filter IF temperature don t get over 600C by normal running, slow traffic, winter cold, short trips etc. )
so most likely will stay there
Old 01-20-2019, 04:39 AM
BrntRubber
User

Originally Posted by fxz View Post
Engine is remapped to deal with the particle filter which is a more complex unit than the catalyzers (controlled gas burning inside the filter IF temperature don t get over 600C by normal running, slow traffic, winter cold, short trips etc. )
so most likely will stay there
Man it keeps getting worse. So canít even fit a full exhaust sYates without a remap. Bloody hell!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: