How I learned to love eggplant aka John's intro - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

How I learned to love eggplant aka John's intro

 
Old 01-17-2019, 12:37 PM
  #16  
PhilT3 (PT3)
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
PhilT3 (PT3)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,126
Default

Congrats! Looks great!
PhilT3 (PT3) is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:33 PM
  #17  
4ng crcs
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
4ng crcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: sf bay area
Posts: 344
Default

Berenjena looks wonderful!
and this old leg thinks the wings are perfect!
4ng crcs is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 03:24 PM
  #18  
Dr. Ferdinand
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dr. Ferdinand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North of 4,000 RPM
Posts: 1,284
Default

Congrats OP - she looks stellar. Love the yellow accents that further make the violet tones pop out.

QQ - where did you source the '4.0' wing plate and rear GT3 emblems in yellow?

PS: thank you for your service!
Dr. Ferdinand is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 04:44 PM
  #19  
RADONCulous
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
RADONCulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 256
Default

Stunning congrats on the car / build!
RADONCulous is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 04:48 PM
  #20  
RobbieRob
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
RobbieRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: PA Suburbs
Posts: 439
Default

Car looks absolutely AWESOME, nice job with the spec and color accents, but more important, Thank You for your Service.
RobbieRob is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 12:02 PM
  #21  
Wakanda's finest
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 10
Default

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand View Post
Congrats OP - she looks stellar. Love the yellow accents that further make the violet tones pop out.

QQ - where did you source the '4.0' wing plate and rear GT3 emblems in yellow?

PS: thank you for your service!
Appreciate you sir!

I worked with NS2 media on the decal set, but found that the vinyl will not stick to the non painted surfaces like the rear diffusor and front air louvers. We ended up painting them along with the wheels. I have been trying to find/have designed vinyl stickers for the '4.0' since my .1 to no avail. My detailer tried but couldnt make it work, so ended up painting it too. Hope that helps, please let me know if not.

Best,

John
Wakanda's finest is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 12:26 PM
  #22  
John Belk
User
 
John Belk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 296
Default

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand View Post
Congrats OP - she looks stellar. Love the yellow accents that further make the violet tones pop out.

QQ - where did you source the '4.0' wing plate and rear GT3 emblems in yellow?

PS: thank you for your service!
Hi, when I bought my RS it had the 4.0 winglet decals from the original owner (don’t know the source). I changed it to the GT3RS decals and used Renn Decals as my source. They use a high quality 3M vinyl product. Chris at Renn Decals was great to work with as we ended up going to a brighter yellow after I’d received the first set that was darker than I wanted. No stress, he took great care of me. They’ve been on the car through two power washings...no issues. They’re reasonably priced and the company is in Canada...but email exchange was very responsive. I will use them again. Good luck!!!! Tell Chris I sent you...if you use them..maybe he’ll cut you a break. I’m sure they can make just about anything you want....
https://renndecals.com/collections/l...g-plate-decals


New





Old

Last edited by John Belk; 01-18-2019 at 12:44 PM.
John Belk is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 03:21 PM
  #23  
Dr. Ferdinand
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dr. Ferdinand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North of 4,000 RPM
Posts: 1,284
Default

Originally Posted by Wakanda's finest View Post
Appreciate you sir!

I worked with NS2 media on the decal set, but found that the vinyl will not stick to the non painted surfaces like the rear diffusor and front air louvers. We ended up painting them along with the wheels. I have been trying to find/have designed vinyl stickers for the '4.0' since my .1 to no avail. My detailer tried but couldnt make it work, so ended up painting it too. Hope that helps, please let me know if not.

Best,

John
Got it - thanks for the detail behind all the work, John. Enjoy in good health!
Originally Posted by John Belk View Post
Hi, when I bought my RS it had the 4.0 winglet decals from the original owner (don’t know the source). I changed it to the GT3RS decals and used Renn Decals as my source. They use a high quality 3M vinyl product. Chris at Renn Decals was great to work with as we ended up going to a brighter yellow after I’d received the first set that was darker than I wanted. No stress, he took great care of me. They’ve been on the car through two power washings...no issues. They’re reasonably priced and the company is in Canada...but email exchange was very responsive. I will use them again. Good luck!!!! Tell Chris I sent you...if you use them..maybe he’ll cut you a break. I’m sure they can make just about anything you want....
https://renndecals.com/collections/l...g-plate-decals

Hi John, thanks for the above. I should have clarified - I am not looking for the winglet portion, but for the small trapezoidal shaped plate that is on the upright of the GT3 wing only with the small indented "4.0" section (see OP's pic #10). I have explored a number of shops, including Renndecals, and none offer it. Closest I came was a shop that asked me to take a white piece of paper and pencil and go over the section by hand so they are left with an outline they can then try to fabricate.

I actually did something very similar a couple of years ago on my GT4, there the section was right by the side intakes and the "GT4" characters were similarly indented. Turned out OK but not perfect, was a group buy and can't remember the vendor (and also as I mentioned wasn't perfect), but I have yet to find out anyone out there that actually offers these pre-made. Explains why OP went the full extent and actually painted the 4.0.
Dr. Ferdinand is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 04:03 PM
  #24  
John Belk
User
 
John Belk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 296
Default

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand View Post
Got it - thanks for the detail behind all the work, John. Enjoy in good health!

Hi John, thanks for the above. I should have clarified - I am not looking for the winglet portion, but for the small trapezoidal shaped plate that is on the upright of the GT3 wing only with the small indented "4.0" section (see OP's pic #10). I have explored a number of shops, including Renndecals, and none offer it. Closest I came was a shop that asked me to take a white piece of paper and pencil and go over the section by hand so they are left with an outline they can then try to fabricate.

I actually did something very similar a couple of years ago on my GT4, there the section was right by the side intakes and the "GT4" characters were similarly indented. Turned out OK but not perfect, was a group buy and can't remember the vendor (and also as I mentioned wasn't perfect), but I have yet to find out anyone out there that actually offers these pre-made. Explains why OP went the full extent and actually painted the 4.0.
https://youtu.be/YnREVb33zx0
John Belk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: