Sponsored by:

PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 07:17 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Default PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE

Wanted to alert everyone to my experience with Porsche of Nashua. To set the stage I had secured an allocation for a GT3 touring in February 2018 with a December Build date and a 15k ADM.
In full disclosure, this will be important later, I am an American citizen who lives overseas for most of the year but maintains residences in NH and MA. My SA Shane was aware of this and never mentioned it being an issue. I provided my NH drivers license as proof of residency and he took my deposit.
I submitted my deposit via wire transfer and signed a purchase agreement. I then started to work on building the car through Porsche Exclusive directly at PCNA and with the assistance of Shane.
While I was home in the summer I paid a courtesy visit to Shane to connect the dots and meet him personally. My car locked sometime in October.
The car was scheduled to be delivered at PEC Atlanta. The dates were set and I was getting excited. Sometime in early December there was a delay with the build and I realised it was not going to be shipped until after Christmas.
I asked for the car to be diverted back to the dealer as my travel plans had changed and I didn't want to risk missing the delivery at PEC ATL. At least if it got delivered to the dealer they could hold it for a week or so I thought while I sorted everything out travel wise to take delivery.
Shortly after I diverted to Porsche of Nashua I get an email from the GM Al Heath saying that I had to conform to this ridiculous delivery schedule that he had setup. Essentially as soon as the car arrived to them and acknowledged through timestamped email, I had to be there within 48 hours, sign a non-export agreement(fine), pay in full(fine, obviously), get the car registered with hard NH plates(essentially them not allowing temporary plates like every other car and making me jump trough hoops to get the car registered first) and then come back to get the car with proof of registration in NH, absolutely no deviations or delays.
I was taken aback as this was the first I had heard from him and with such strong demands I was getting a sense that something was brewing.
I emailed back and explained to him that I had liased with Shane that I could be available on the 28th of January for delivery, roughly a week or so after they took delivery of the car and CC'D the owner of the dealership Warren Waugh to make sure he was aware of what was transpiring as I was feeling like the treatment I was receiving was unwarranted and frankly aggressive.
Al wrote back and implied that the 28th would do as long as I paid for the car once the shipment had arrived. No problem I said. Over the course of the next few weeks a few emails came through that requested for me to call in and talk to their finance manager etc. so I figured we were on the right track until yesterday when I received an email from Warren Waugh the owner telling me how he didn't like how I "communicated with Al and that I should stop the "finger pointing" or he will quash the deal. Wow, ok.
Then emails start coming about how since I live overseas I am going to export the car blah blah blah. Again I give them my entire Bio about who I am, what I do, where I live throughout the year etc. and that they have known this for since we started the process almost 11 months ago.
Again I let them know that when I was supposed to take delivery of the car at ATL PEC they never once raised this issue. So, this morning I get a call from Al saying that they are uncomfortable selling the car to me because they think I am going to export the car to Singapore(for all of you who understand anything about Singapore you know how stupid this is) and they are not honouring the deal.
I asked about the binding purchase agreement and he had no response other than saying "we will refund your deposit with interest". I asked why can't I sign a non-export agreement, he said they are not enforceable (interesting).
So if anyone see's a highly spec'd Riviera Blue Gt3 Touring for sale with CF buckets please be aware that it is my car and that I have not pulled out of the purchase agreement. The MSRP should be around 175k. I agreed to pay 15k adm on top at time of agreement. Buyer beware.
I have notified everyone I could at PCNA, I was told to manage my expectations as dealers are independent and can do as they please.
This is what Porsche allows their dealers to do and it sucks. We all know what they are trying to do and it has nothing to do with the car being sent overseas. They know they can sell the car for more than they agreed to sell to me so that's exactly what they are doing.
If anyone has any contacts higher up at PCNA or PAG I would be grateful. I am gutted as this car has been a dream of mine. I used to read these forums and think, oh that will never happen to me but as so many of you have relayed trying to buy a car through Porsche and work with a dealer with Integrity is almost impossible. I don't think I can get over this one, I feel like I have been robbed in broad daylight with a 1000 witnesses and the police won't do a thing.

Of course its just a car but all of us on here have are own reasons for falling in love with Porsche. These cars for many of us are more than just vehicles, they tell stories and create memories and in some cases mark significant life achievements. We appreciate the engineering, the beauty and intention of these cars. It's hard to put into words my feelings because I shouldn't care, but integrity is all you have in life. It defines you. Porsche of Nashua has none and they and PCNA should be ashamed.

Travis

Last edited by airkuhl993; 01-15-2019 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Spelt Porsche Wrong in Subject
The following users liked this post:
elevensheep (01-05-2020)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:23 PM
cacpa
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a horrible story. Especially, when I got to the end and saw PTS. I completely understand the emotional connection to the car.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:31 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Really sorry to hear. Unfortunately many dealers have no scruples. I would keep pounding away on PCNA although a lot of times they don't seem to give a rip. I would also contact a lawyer. Guess this dealership never heard of Fed-ex. I have bought more than one car new and used by doing the paperwork via overnighted documents.

Hope it works out.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:34 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Don’t let anyone tell you that they’re “independent”, it’s just their easy way out, like those valet tickets that say they’re not responsible for damages. Your name is on the build.
That’s your car, go get it.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:35 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

I really hope it works out as well. I am not here to defame anyone but. when I have been wronged I see no other alternative then to make it public in hopes that good will prevail. I too have purchased many cars the same way, again this is not about me being overseas. The clearly see profit to be gained by selling the car to someone else.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:38 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

Sounds like a nightmare experience. Here's the PCNA execs if you wanted to try and reach out.

https://press.porsche.com/prod/press...s?OpenDocument
Old 01-15-2019, 07:44 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Well, here you go, this is the only other PTS riviera blue touring I know of and it just got posted for sale here. This is exactly the reason why they did what they did.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ita-seats.html
Old 01-15-2019, 07:50 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

export to Singapore? Steering wheel on wrong side.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:03 PM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Originally Posted by zedcat
export to Singapore? Steering wheel on wrong side.
That's just one of many other reasons.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:07 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Terrible story.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:12 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

they probably have five people lined up willing to pay 20-30K over...
sad story
Old 01-15-2019, 08:17 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Unbelievable!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

These guys should be hammered. I spent the majority of my working life in Singapore and have only recently moved back to Australia after retiring.
​​​​​​
For those not in the know Singapore is a rhd market firstly. When added to the tax structure this would make a car from the US totally useless and valueless.
​​​​​​
That is an insane reason to scuttle the deal.
​​​​​​
These clowns need to do their research.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:21 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 73 Posts

Man, I am so sorry to hear. That's complete crap. I really hope you can find a way to make them honor the deal.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:22 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

delete

Last edited by carz80am; 01-15-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE