Sponsored by:

PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 01:58 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Also, since when is a non-export agreement not enforceable? Usually the person signing it is judgment proof (that’s why the shills the exporters use and generally hard up for money and don’t have a lot of assets — no point in suing them for breach of contract or fraud as it is blood from a stone).
Old 01-16-2019, 02:02 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Unfortunately you are flagged as an potential exporter from this dealership. Not much you can do. Since you ordered a the car in a no sales tax state (NH) / low volume dealer they don't want to take the risk of being fined from Porsche and losing future allocations. I've have a friend in the new car export business and buying hard to get cars from NH, OR, and MT dealers without full-time permanent documented residency is next to impossible. I wish you best but I have feeling this is reason for this unfortunate circumstance.
I appreciate your comments. My issue is that they have known for 11 months! Why if they were so concerned did they not vet me further at the beginning. This isn't new information, they simply could have denied me at the beginning for that reason and I would've just accepted it. Second, when they knew the delivery venue changed that is when they suddenly brought this up. When I asked them over the phone about this, they said since it was being delivered in Atlanta we wouldn't be liable it would now fall in the hands of PCNA if anything happened, but since its now being delivered in Nashua then things changed.

Listen, this is not a baby crying over spilt milk. I can buy another car tomorrow. Thats not the point. I built this car over 11 months to my exact dream spec. and they didn't hold up there end of the deal. It's pretty simple. Again it has nothing to do with export, that is simply an excuse.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:09 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by technologydriven
I will try to find Stacee's mobile number and PM it to you. Stacee directly oversees Porsche Nashua for PCNA.

Stacee Kreiner Mahony
Regional Manager
Porsche Cars North America, Inc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacee-k...ahony-564a7657
Well done

The “known exporter” scarlet letter is likely the problem here; OEMs get VERY pissy with dealers who sell to exporters. It’s a difficult problem for legitimate consumers who are tagged with the label.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:09 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Unfortunately you are flagged as an potential exporter from this dealership. Not much you can do.
Nonsense. He says he has a legally binding purchase contract. One party can’t just back out of a contract based on speculation about the other party’s intentions. If he truly has a contract, they’re in breach by not selling him the car. Pretty simple. The only thing that matters is the language in that contract and whether it gives the dealer the ability to unilaterally kill it.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:36 AM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

OP also provided proof of LEGAL residence in NH and also driver's licence.
Jack
Old 01-16-2019, 02:41 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes

Nonsense. He says he has a legally binding purchase contract. One party can’t just back out of a contract based on speculation about the other party’s intentions. If he truly has a contract, they’re in breach by not selling him the car. Pretty simple. The only thing that matters is the language in that contract and whether it gives the dealer the ability to unilaterally kill it.
Here is the contract language.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
mooty,

I had zero issues with delivery (although PCNA sent my info to Sirius XM even though I sent their legal department an opt out letter a month before the car arrived), but there are laws about registration and taxes and manufactures will screw dealers if they find out they are selling to exporters. Dealt with it with Land Rover (why are there no newish range rovers in the US — they all got exported to Russia and China). Maybe our OP got flagged by someone because he travels a lot. Who knows. I do know I sit down with someone, be nice, then read them the riot act if I have to and 95/100 it does work out.

Check your agreement to see if it is binding, call a lawyer, and have the lawyer do the yelling is my advice. Butadn honestly, this thread (post the VIN if you have it) should be enough too.
I am sorry if I sound like I was directing my irritated comments at you. but I am not. I was playing devil's advocate.
if I wanted to export, I wold be using different names to buy cars. 10 cars, 10 names 100 car 100 names. it's not that hard.
and what really irritates me is that
when we need help from PCNA they tell us, dealer are independent, PCNA's hands are tied.
if so.. how can PCNA get upset or angry or "punish" the dealers? afterall PCNA's hands are tied, dealers are independent.
you either have control or you don't have control.

on unrelated note
I called PCNA no one can explain why my car is delayed (there's a thread on iT, no need to rehash )
if they cannot figure out this simple issue how can they figure out who is exporting what?
if they are UNWILLING to figure out why a car is delay, why are the WILLING to figure out who is exporting what?
it seems to me they do what they want... and THAT is not right.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:27 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by evilfij
Also, since when is a non-export agreement not enforceable? Usually the person signing it is judgment proof (that’s why the shills the exporters use and generally hard up for money and don’t have a lot of assets — no point in suing them for breach of contract or fraud as it is blood from a stone).
it is enforceable, but it would be time and $ consuming for PCNA to chase after an exporter
Old 01-16-2019, 03:30 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Harold
These guys should be hammered. I spent the majority of my working life in Singapore and have only recently moved back to Australia after retiring.
​​​​​​
For those not in the know Singapore is a rhd market firstly. When added to the tax structure this would make a car from the US totally useless and valueless.
​​​​​​
That is an insane reason to scuttle the deal.
​​​​​​
These clowns need to do their research.
small town small dealer, frog in the well, Never been outside usa. where is Singapore.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:41 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by airkuhl993
I think your right. I have no other choice. This happened on Monday Morning and I have exhausted every option in terms of communicating with Porsche directly and no one has replied other than my Porsche Exclusive consultant who said he would do everything he can to get the story in front of the right people.
b/c PCNA cannot control dealers, dealers are independent
BUT PCNA can penalize dealers for selling to exporters, suddenly the definition of INDEPENDENT changes... perhaps it's just my Singlish not same as English...
or the def of INDEPENDENT changes based on time or based on situation.. or based on their whim?

Originally Posted by Guest89
Those are all PR people ... not necessarily the people best positioned to help.
you talked to them too?
I have, many many occasions.
"we apologize and very sorry for your..... but there is not much we can do"
"we apologize and very sorry for your delay... we have send queries to Germany but no answers yet..." THAT WAS 4 MONTHS AGO. maybe mails really slow there or electrical current move at different speed there....

anyways, I wish you luck OP and get the car you spec'd.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:54 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
if I was you I would go down to dealer and talk with the owner man to man.
And see body language and how he.
talks to you.
And if still is ****ty...I would just walk out.
walk tall my friend ...it's not worth it.
its a car you will find a other one.
good luck.

bad idea
it will get heated they will call police and make you look bad and use report against you
Old 01-16-2019, 06:12 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

HTF do you “flag” someone as a “potential exporter”? So a guy who doesn’t travel and resides at a single usa address wouldn’t know how to export a car or how to sell it to someone who does? So retarded...
Old 01-16-2019, 07:18 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

it it says it’s not binding until signed by dealer rep and dealer rep has signed. So, I’m not an attorney, but I would think it’s a binding contract based on that language.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:36 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

OP, I can empathize that this isn't easy and probably frustrating, but a few thoughts.

In your first post you said you were a bit taken back that since the delivery is being rerouted to Nashua from PEC Atlanta (physical delivery of the car), and they (Al the GM at Nashua) are now "demanding" payment be made within 48hrs? Isn't there a line item above the excerpt you posted in the contract that states payment must be made within 48hrs or you surrender your deposit for damages?

Secondly, you are now using a NH residency to purchase as well as taking delivery in the state of NH (and it appears financing the car by the contract you posted). One of your other complaints is them demanding that the car have hard plates and be registered with NH DMV, I suspect with a finance contract the dealership is required by law to do an instate registration and you are not allowed to take the car without that happening unless you buy it outright in cash. Add in the export component to this and you can see where some of the doubt begins to be raised if these assumptions are true.

Not trying to play devils advocate but a few of these items are not unreasonable as they a dealership and do have certain laws that need to be followed, and it sounds like there is some reason to place doubt on some of the issues you posted about initially.

In the end, I hope it all works out for you and you get your car in the end in all sincerity
Old 01-16-2019, 07:52 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Occam's Razor - They have another buyer at a higher price. Probably a local. And they think they can use your unusual residency as a context to legitimize this BS behavior.

Totally sucks.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE