Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 11:41 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

if I was you I would go down to dealer and talk with the owner man to man.
And see body language and how he.
talks to you.
And if still is ****ty...I would just walk out.
walk tall my friend ...it's not worth it.
its a car you will find a other one.
good luck.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:49 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk
I truly hope you find resolution...your passion for this car speaks volumes. However, something tells me that this has developed into something more than just the car, I get that...
Know that many of us will be watching. Best to you...
I was just thinking the same thing. Sadly, it is possible that this dealership could be discriminating. Given that $15K is already a sizable profit (given the current market), I can't understand why they would do this other than discrimination.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:23 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, that sucks. As fellow car and Porsche enthusiasts, we all feel your pain. I hope everything works out and please do keep us updated.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:36 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

They may be legitimately concerned about export, but lol at trying to get it into Singapore. Not sure why they flagged you. Can you show up in person? Also, I don’t think anyone will see much more than $15k over on a PTS touring. Maybe $10-15k more to the right buyer, but there are a lot of PTS touring cars so we are not talking 911R money. I would carefully read my purchase agreement and talk to a lawyer. Unfortunately I don’t know one in NH to refer you to.

I don't know what wolf paid for his riviera touring, but it was advertised by Porsche West Palm Beach so anyone could have bought it. Very nice build. I hope he gets what he is asking, but also kind of sad he is selling it. With his car collection I am very jealous.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:40 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

I don't know beyond what I read here, but I have yet to read a story about PCNA siding with the end client and interfere with a dealer's preference for a client or whatever., but maybe I missed some RL posts. IMO, from PCNA's standpoint, this car is sold and dealers and Porsche are having a great time doing business together. Win win, except for final customer that ends up paying his/her pants or being mistreated (obviously with exceptions). Dealers are the real PCNA customers, and they haven't disappointed.

Best of luck to you and we are all hoping to see a good end to this saga. Oh, and there are some really nice 993s and 964s in Singapore.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:42 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
They may be legitimately concerned about export, but lol at trying to get it into Singapore. Not sure why they flagged you. Can you show up in person? Also, I don’t think anyone will see much more than $15k over on a PTS touring. Maybe $10-15k more to the right buyer, but there are a lot of PTS touring cars so we are not talking 911R money. I would carefully read my purchase agreement and talk to a lawyer. Unfortunately I don’t know one in NH to refer you to.

I don't know what wolf paid for his riviera touring, but it was advertised by Porsche West Palm Beach so anyone could have bought it. Very nice build. I hope he gets what he is asking, but also kind of sad he is selling it. With his car collection I am very jealous.
Of course, I was planning on taking delivery of the car on the 28th. My car is similar to Wolfs except I have a number of cxx options plus carbon buckets.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:44 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

I mean show up now or soon before it arrives. Sitting there it is a lot harder for them to say no.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:46 AM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Travis,
Very sorry to hear about your situation. I had somewhat a similar situation awhile back when I was involved with Champion, however in the end, they were able to make me whole again.
I hope this dealership does the same. Do you know where the car is located? Do you have a feeling that the car may perhaps be sold to another party already ?
Jack
Old 01-16-2019, 01:02 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,827 Likes on 2,388 Posts

TL; DR but got the gist of it
1. you pay, he sell, you are the boss. pls dealer UNDERSTAND THAT. when I clients ask me to suck their sticks, I only ask where and how hard. you pay I do the work.
2. dealer does not tell customer to do this or that. did you tell him your hourly rate and what his hourly rate is? he should do all that FOR YOU. I am pretty sure they afford my hourly rate.
3. no export disclosure.. surely you jest. if I can make enough Benjamins to buy this toy, I am smart enough to export whatever I want. u all signed marriage license and told the power of being to death do we part, look at the divorce rate. please you got to be fkd kidding me.

now if they told me they just want to cover their *** and maybe I will do them a favor and sign a few sheets of paper. otherwise hahaha. plenty of cars out there.

and frankly PCNA has no ***** either. yes dealer are independent. but mother ship can exert force. I have many affiliated company that I do not own or control. but if I slammed fist on the table, they understand... so.. mothership cannot control dealers? BS. just BS. how about suddenly dealer get nothing but 4 cylinder boosters...

my kids are independent from me. but I bat an eye, they know what needs to be done and it will be done.
so PAG PCNA cannot do that. this is all Messed up.

sorry for the rant.
these type of service issues REALLY riles me up.

THE PERSON WITH THE MONEY DOES THE TALK.
U CANNOT CONTROL WHERE I EXPORT THE CAR. that one piece of paper aint gonna do it.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:06 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jackmac
Travis,
Very sorry to hear about your situation. I had somewhat a similar situation awhile back when I was involved with Champion, however in the end, they were able to make me whole again.
I hope this dealership does the same. Do you know where the car is located? Do you have a feeling that the car may perhaps be sold to another party already ?
Jack
I assure you it's got another customer on it.

look I sell you a piece of prime waygu, best of the best. I suggested you how to cook and enjoy it.
you tell me "thank you but I am feeding it to my chihuahua..."
I would think "ok, you are strange, but hey, pay me the big price tag, and u can feed it to your chihuahua, goldfish, or iguana... I don't give a fk"
why would the dealer care. why

oh, if mother ship found out their cars are exported to Singapore they be upset and will not send us good inventory.
but but but, I thought dealers are independent and PCNA cannot CONTROL them. by control what car they sent, is controlling the dealer.
you see the irony.
if one wants to lie, make up a GOOD LIE.

I am having a heart attack...
Old 01-16-2019, 01:13 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by evilfij
They may be legitimately concerned about export...
yes there is concern.
gray mkt car overseas is issue
but into Singapore. you got to be kidding.
but anyways, signing a piece of paper will not prevent exporting it.
furthermore I think OP agreed to sigh this and that, pay this and that. but what is this schedule thing...
dealer telling me when to pee and when to jerk off?
it would be cool while I operate on my patient and tell my anathesiologist, buddy, keep him under, I need to go sign some paper and get the car reg.. you know I don't want to lose my PTS car.

and when I buy cars, money wire. I am there, the fkg car is not ready for me
that's true for EVERY dealer.
what I mean ready is I show up, throw me the key and I go.

I don't get twisted panties. but my time is way more $ then dealers.
so why are they telling me when to sign paper and when to reg....
this is now REALLY BUGGING ME.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:29 AM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
I assure you it's got another customer on it.
Mooty,
That is my guess too, maybe went to another VIP when they saw the PTS/touring option. And perhaps, just perhaps that VIP is able to get that car for MSRP.
Jack
Old 01-16-2019, 01:36 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

mooty,

I had zero issues with delivery (although PCNA sent my info to Sirius XM even though I sent their legal department an opt out letter a month before the car arrived), but there are laws about registration and taxes and manufactures will screw dealers if they find out they are selling to exporters. Dealt with it with Land Rover (why are there no newish range rovers in the US — they all got exported to Russia and China). Maybe our OP got flagged by someone because he travels a lot. Who knows. I do know I sit down with someone, be nice, then read them the riot act if I have to and 95/100 it does work out.

Check your agreement to see if it is binding, call a lawyer, and have the lawyer do the yelling is my advice. But honestly, this thread (post the VIN if you have it) should be enough too.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:40 AM
A/S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac
Mooty,
That is my guess too, maybe went to another VIP when they saw the PTS/touring option. And perhaps, just perhaps that VIP is able to get that car for MSRP.
Jack
+3

Riviera, CXX, Touring, Manual, Buckets, Brand new? That's $225k easily today. This specific car could have better resale value (MSRP vs. market price) than most .2 GT3 RS and .2 GT2 RS in around 2 years, and we don't know if a 992 GT3 manual will exist given all the new electronic nannies coming in the 992.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:46 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Unfortunately you are flagged as an potential exporter from this dealership. Not much you can do. Since you ordered a the car in a no sales tax state (NH) / low volume dealer they don't want to take the risk of being fined from Porsche and losing future allocations. I've have a friend in the new car export business and buying hard to get cars from NH, OR, and MT dealers without full-time permanent documented residency is next to impossible. I wish you best but I have feeling this is reason for this unfortunate circumstance.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE