Sponsored by:

PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 12:39 AM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by airkuhl993
if the car is bought in Nashua and registered in say Hartford, CT but my understanding is there is tax implications, I could be wrong.
Nope you are 100% right. PLLLenty of tax implications in CT.

Sorry to interrupt. Go on...
Old 01-17-2019, 12:44 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by Semitone
FYI, what you were told is not consistent with what I was told. Nashua made it clear to me, that regardless of state, the dealer had to do the registration of NEW cars. IIRC, they told me this was required .......
There are states that require someone to show up at a DMV, where a dealer can't regster a car bought from them. Wonder how they handle that?

Old 01-17-2019, 01:08 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Thank you for your comment. To clarify I am obliged to register in NH as I have a NH license. The process is simple. The car is paid for, they hand me the title, I go to city hall(in this case Manchester) I hand over the registration fee and they give me plates and off I go. The dealer does not register the car for you if registered in NH. He only provides you with the title to do so. I can't speak to financed cars, I am talking about fully paid cars. I also can't speak as to why in other states if the car is bought in Nashua and registered in say Hartford, CT but my understanding is there is tax implications, I could be wrong. The requests to contact the finance guy were purely to provide "title information" so I was told. To be crystal clear I was never asked to finance the car and had communicated to them when the car was going to be delivered at PEC ATL that I was paying in cash and they never asked again. Again, I had reached out a few times earlier in the process about the prospect of trading in a car and checking finance rates but those were inquiries only. Whilst I understand everyone is searching for the "missing info" don't forget that the only reason the deal was cancelled was because of "export concerns". That's it. Take from this what you will.
As I stated early in the thread. NH, MO, and OR dealers scrutinize the **** out of high demand car deals due to being $0 sales tax states. It's a unfortunate situation all around. I truly hope you can purchase your ordered vehicle.

https://www.nhada.com/web/hp_Content...y_Dealer_.aspx
Old 01-17-2019, 01:12 AM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
There are states that require someone to show up at a DMV, where a dealer can't regster a car bought from them. Wonder how they handle that?
With me, they said they hired a guy to physically go to the DMV in CT. As I mentioned, I signed a POA just in case when he got there, there was a glitch with the paperwork I signed and he had to change something. And of course I paid CT sales tax to the dealer that then paid the state. Nothing unusual there.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:21 AM
dot2
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BealeAss
I could throw an exorbitant amount of fire on this thread given mine and multiple friends issues with Porsche Nashua, but I'll keep it light for now (just one story) and reply to a few comments. FWIW they did end up selling me a GT car with euro delivery, but the relationship all fell apart after that conveniently when they had some management changes. So I feel you OP.
x2
I was a Nashua client as well. I live in Boston so they are relatively local. My order was for PEC. During the Fedex'ing of docs prior to delivery, I noticed lots of small things weren't lining up.
I'd contact them, make them aware of the errors, and await another next-day parcel.
Low and behold, the time buffer ran out, and my contracts were all incorrect, again, and zero time left for another round of Fedex before my flight and scheduled delivery.
Long story short, they conveniently ticked every post-sale package they sold. I didnt want to miss my delivery so we agreed to work it all out once I returned.
Can you guess the outcome? I've swallowed the experience out of frustration and havent pursued making it right. Coincidentally, they haven't bothered to make it right either. Go figure.

OP, I feel for you. Having last-minute chaos thrown into what should be a life-time experience, well, it sucks. That feeling never goes away.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:15 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

No ADM on the GT4 I bought from Paul, likewise my deposits were returned for other GTs I was on lists for, although they told me up front they were going to ask over for the one GT2 they were going to receive.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:44 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

To clarify I am obliged to register in NH as I have a NH license. The process is simple. The car is paid for, they hand me the title, I go to city hall(in this case Manchester) I hand over the registration fee and they give me plates and off I go. The dealer does not register the car for you if registered in NH. He only provides you with the title to do so. I can't speak to financed cars, I am talking about fully paid cars.
Have you considered financing $40k, let the dealer register car, make two payments, pay off loan, and have lender send title? If this makes dealer feel better, a compromise with very low cost.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:52 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
Have you considered financing $40k, let the dealer register car, make two payments, pay off loan, and have lender send title? If this makes dealer feel better, a compromise with very low cost.
Agree. The paying in cash in generally a red flag, especially given the circumstances.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:11 PM
Semitone
Pro

I've only paid cash for cars in the last 25 years. There is no way that is an issue or a red flag. Well, maybe if you walked in with a big bag of bills, that might be a red flag for something. but if you send a wire transfer or a cashier's check, then it is no big deal.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Semitone
Pro

OK..so two things that seem pretty obvious to me:

The requests to contact the finance guy were purely to provide "title information" so I was told.
For me, title information means 1.) proof of insurance and 2.) filing out the registration form so that the dealer can apply for the title from the state. Sounds like you resisted letting them register the car.

I received an email from Warren Waugh the owner telling me how he didn't like how I "communicated with Al and that I should stop the "finger pointing" or he will quash the deal.
Well, here is something missing. What exactly did you say that pissed off people? "finger pointing" ? You haven't even said there was an issue up until that point. Al wants you to pay for the car when it arrives...big deal. That is the contract.

Fine..you got a lawyer..good luck with that. So far, I see a self inflicted wound.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:07 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

I would suggest having a friend call on your behalf and speak with Al to see what can be done.
This seems to have escalated quickly, and there may have been some misunderstanding as Semitone points out.
In my experience these are not unreasonable people, although they seem to have changed their no ADM policy since I bought.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:11 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 85 Posts

I've only paid cash for cars in the last 25 years. There is no way that is an issue or a red flag. Well, maybe if you walked in with a big bag of bills, that might be a red flag for something. but if you send a wire transfer or a cashier's check, then it is no big deal.
It's an issue if they already suspect of you of possibly exporting. It's just another flag.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:10 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

OK..so two things that seem pretty obvious to me:

For me, title information means 1.) proof of insurance and 2.) filing out the registration form so that the dealer can apply for the title from the state. Sounds like you resisted letting them register the car.

Well, here is something missing. What exactly did you say that pissed off people? "finger pointing" ? You haven't even said there was an issue up until that point. Al wants you to pay for the car when it arrives...big deal. That is the contract.

Fine..you got a lawyer..good luck with that. So far, I see a self inflicted wound.
How so? Did you read the parts in the original post where he says he agreed to everything they requested except the 48 hour requirement, which they agreed to wave? How is this a self inflicted wound. He has a legally binding agreement, he confirmed that he would perform as agreed under the agreement, as modified by agreement, and the dealer is reneging on its obligations? And even if he pointed fingers and said bad things, it doesn't change anything. He has a contract.

OP, have you had a lawyer review the docs yet?

Old 01-17-2019, 03:11 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I think there's more to this than what is being posted on this thread.
We'll know soon enough. That's why you consult a lawyer.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:13 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Everyone can smell a Hot Head buyer posting retaliation on a single incident like the OP did. What is remarkable is when these other RennLister's personal experiences arise and start forming a trend of dealership behaviour lending credibility to the OP's heated claims. New GT car should be a fun and exciting experience.

Originally Posted by BealeAss
I could throw an exorbitant amount of fire on this thread given mine and multiple friends issues with Porsche Nashua, but I'll keep it light for now (just one story) and reply to a few comments. FWIW they did end up selling me a GT car with euro delivery, but the relationship all fell apart after that conveniently when they had some management changes. So I feel you OP.

Fair point there are always two sides. I will say at least the way he allows his business to run is digusting. He has just been pissy since he got f'd out of getting a 911R at sticker a few years back and having to over-pay for one himself despite owning a dealership. From what I understand he [the owner of Porsche Nashua] has first right of refusal for any GT car and will resell them at any price he wants. Perks of owning a dealership, I get that. But when your sales team starts spilling the real inside scoop to customers, don't be surprised if a few back out deposits. He's not a real enthusiast, just money grubbing, again I get that. We all are in some respect. But act like an adult.

It's useless, PCNA doesn't care about this stuff. Several of us have reported Nashua over the last 2-3 years, gets nowhere.

It's the new world, Porsche = Ferrari from a dealer and MSRP mark up perspective. Gone are the days of grow up, make some money, buy your dream car. Now you gotta trudge through the mud to have a chance to get it. People forget you need to also go and buy 14 other cars ahead of it and trade each one in at a major loss just so the dealership can keep you baited up for the one you really want just to buy at MSRP. Why bother they are pumping out GT3's nowadays, its easier to just go spend the $15k markup than deal with all the nonsense and get your hopes up for 12-18mos at a time buying a car.

Barstow was THE MAN. Once Al took over several of the sales guys left and rightfully so, when Al ran just finance he was a total dick, so was Ray who was the manager at the time. Both of them were constantly being rude to customers and treating them like they weren't worth anything and it was a gift to do business with Porsche Nashua. The only saving grace was Barstow and once he left...Nashua was dead to me.

Here's my short story - once they gave me my deposit back on a GT2RS because it was too much hassle for them to keep all these deposits on not yet existing GT cars. Ok fine, but then when I went to get back on the list the day the car debuted (as instructed) I was told bidding started at $100k over MSRP. Fun time. To weight the scales a little in the positive direction the service crew at Nashua is amazing. Always super nice, helped me out after some damage was done to my car en route back to the States from euro delivery. Totally top notch. But the sales team, managers, owners. F em. My money is being spent elsewhere for anything Porsche.

Sorry OP, but most guys here are probably right. They know they can sell this car for far more profit than your MSRP and are selling you out. I get they might get a sniff of risk going on about the export b/c they are a decently volumed dealer and wouldn't want to ruin it (particularly for GT cars), but still, I feel for you.

Originally Posted by dot2
x2
I was a Nashua client as well. I live in Boston so they are relatively local. My order was for PEC. During the Fedex'ing of docs prior to delivery, I noticed lots of small things weren't lining up.
I'd contact them, make them aware of the errors, and await another next-day parcel.
Low and behold, the time buffer ran out, and my contracts were all incorrect, again, and zero time left for another round of Fedex before my flight and scheduled delivery.
Long story short, they conveniently ticked every post-sale package they sold. I didnt want to miss my delivery so we agreed to work it all out once I returned.
Can you guess the outcome? I've swallowed the experience out of frustration and havent pursued making it right. Coincidentally, they haven't bothered to make it right either. Go figure.

OP, I feel for you. Having last-minute chaos thrown into what should be a life-time experience, well, it sucks. That feeling never goes away
Excellent point - this should all be fun and exciting to get a new car, now dealers are making it quite the opposite.

Emails to the Executive team at Porsche USA with a link to this RL thread, can be directed as per below. Let them read for themselves how
their dealers act towards customers paying $200k+ with $15,000 ADM for their flagship.

https://press.porsche.com/prod/press...s?OpenDocument

One thing I do love about the Audi R8 is how the dealership's treat you like a King when you buy one of those. That is an all smiles experience.

Last edited by Perimeter; 01-17-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE OF NASHUA EXPERIENCE