Originally Posted by aaa335
nice !, can you get a sound clip?
Sure will try this weekend

Originally Posted by fkim011
I'm in Orchard HIlls.
Originally Posted by johnny2five
I’m down
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
We should do a Irvine/Tustin Ranch meet....maybe an Ortega drive?
Originally Posted by shamoo
I'm in Eastwood. There's a Miami Blue .2 in Stonegate too.
That makes 5 of us. I'll see if I can wave down the winged .2 in my neighborhood. Ortega should make for a fun run

Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

Love the decals too ... Touring is special so it gives it a little extra ... did u try disconnecting the valves before moving on with the Center bypass? Have u considered Soul Performance current offerings attractive quality and price ... considering all options for my Touring cheers
Old 01-18-2019, 12:45 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
Love the decals too ... Touring is special so it gives it a little extra ... did u try disconnecting the valves before moving on with the Center bypass? Have u considered Soul Performance current offerings attractive quality and price ... considering all options for my Touring cheers
I did because it was fairly simple to do but I didn’t like the tone. It sounded buzzy to me
Old 01-20-2019, 02:35 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Redid the side decals. I think this suits the 991 body better than the motorsports decal. I always thought that was too slim for the body and looked out of place. This is the 4 inch triple stripes installed Singer style

I’m coming up on 800 miles. What are your thoughts on early oil changes? I plan to change the oil at 1000 miles as I complete the break in period

Last edited by SocalTouring; 01-20-2019 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:27 PM
aaa335
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

New decals are better.the yellow lettering looks nice with the calipers and plate.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:11 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Thanks aaa335.

It's been about 2 months and I must admit, this car puts a smile on my face every time I look at it. As far as updates to the car, I've ditched the FVD single side bypass in favor of the Soul valved side bypass. I went with Soul mainly because John was a pleasure to work with. Craftsmanship and fit/finish on the piece was second to none. I really like the way the SOUL branding looks in person as pics don't do this piece any justice. I decided to pair the side deletes with a 991.2 RS muffler for extra weight saving. I'm guessing about 50 lbs was taken off the rear given the titanium muffler is 6.6 lbs lighter than the steel muffler and getting rid of the 2 side mufflers saves about 40 some odd lbs.

GT3 Steel Muffler

RS titanium muffler

SOUL branding

Installed setup

A/S - thanks for your detailed feedback on all the configurations that you went through with your .1RS and .2RS setups. It helped quite a bit in choosing this setup.

Feedback on this setup: butt dyno says it's fast, but I'm sure most of it is due to the 200 cell cats. My ears just love the fact that there's basically very little to no drone with this setup. With some load at 2000-2200 RPM, you can force a drone but outside of that, there is basically very little resonance that can be annoying. It sounds very mechanical and natural, true to how a flat six should sound. Not F1 high pitched like IPE or JCR race, but very authentic and smooth at a much higher volume than stock. It's louder than center bypass but not as loud as a single 90 bend (FVD bypass). To me, this is the best setup money can buy - any header with 200 cell cats and side muffler deletes into stock or RS center muffler. Manageable volume in the lower RPM range to pass the neighbors peacefully, basically no drone, yet still plently of volume when you open it up above 4K RPM.

Learning experience: while it's not necessary to take the bumper off to work on your exhaust, doing so saves you a lot of swearing, limits the amount of cuts on your knuckles, and generally allows you to be more careful with the install process. Additionally, when installing side deletes, it's important that you line up the inlet pipes to the muffler so that it's perfectly parallel with the muffler for the most optimum flow. If you look at the internals of the GT3 muffler, you'll see that the angle that the lower pipe enters the muffler is very important. This takes some micro adjustments on the muffler's height and adjusting the side delete so that the exhaust flow is smooth exiting the headers and entering the muffler. I can't see how one could accurately do this by just looking up from underneath the car while the bumper is still on. Do yourself a favor and take the long cut.

I tried to make a few vids of the car with the FVD pipes vs the SOUL valved bypass but unfortunately the audio from my iphone didn't do neither one of them any justice. I will leave you with my thoughts: FVD pipes with steel muffler is very raw and race-car-like with a bit of drone from 2-3K vs SOUL valved bypass is very civilized with a natural and smooth tone throughout the RPM range. It almost feels like I'm able to hear more mechanical sounds from the engine in the new setup as well.

I'll have my stock muffler with tips and FVD bypass pipes in the classified if anyone is looking. Apart from the exhaust, I also installed some RS side skirts. More details can be found here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15660454

Last edited by SocalTouring; 02-24-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:42 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Love the retro color scheme, period correct wheel color, trim, livery, & license plate.
Well done!

Originally Posted by SocalTouring

Redid the side decals. I think this suits the 991 body better than the motorsports decal. I always thought that was too slim for the body and looked out of place. This is the 4 inch triple stripes installed Singer style

I’m coming up on 800 miles. What are your thoughts on early oil changes? I plan to change the oil at 1000 miles as I complete the break in period
Old 02-26-2019, 03:41 AM
vf430
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, Woodbury here. Where are you guys from? There’s a black winged .2 in the neighborhood too, not sure if he’s on here
Thats my brothers car ! He is not on these forums yet. I have a white 991.1 Gt3 live in Coto. Let me know if you guys go for a drive.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:28 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by fkim011
I'm in Orchard HIlls.
Originally Posted by johnny2five
I’m down
Originally Posted by shamoo
I'm in Eastwood. There's a Miami Blue .2 in Stonegate too.
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Tustin Ranch.
Yep, Woodbury here. Where are you guys from? There’s a black winged .2 in the neighborhood too, not sure if he’s on here
Originally Posted by RENN GTS
Hey I'm from Irvine too! Except I'm here in Fresno now
Originally Posted by vf430
Thats my brothers car ! He is not on these forums yet. I have a white 991.1 Gt3 live in Coto. Let me know if you guys go for a drive.
So we have 7 total in Irvine/Tustin! Nice!

SocalTouring...I've seen your car in my neighborhood (Turtle Rock) at least once.

We should start a separate OC thread or maybe do a GTG at Moulin. They just had on last Sunday and the next one will be a month away and I'll be in the motherland picking up my winged GT3.

Anyway, we have this page tagged, so let's do a GTG eventually!

Edit: Porsche911GTS'16 is in LA and has a PTS Touring as well.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:01 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,166 Likes on 565 Posts

I'm in for sure! My Touring is slated to arrive in SD tomorrow. Then down to OC for a full wrap by Moe. I should be behind the wheel around March Madness!
Old 02-26-2019, 02:38 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
So we have 7 total in Irvine/Tustin! Nice!

SocalTouring...I've seen your car in my neighborhood (Turtle Rock) at least once.

We should start a separate OC thread or maybe do a GTG at Moulin. They just had on last Sunday and the next one will be a month away and I'll be in the motherland picking up my winged GT3.

Anyway, we have this page tagged, so let's do a GTG eventually!

Edit: Porsche911GTS'16 is in LA and has a PTS Touring as well.
Make that 8! Black winged in Orchard.. Man the black color is popular. My sales guy told me there was another identical car but in touring, I'm wondering if it was you (SocalTouring). Purchased from Newport late december 2018.

I usually head out down the 133 to starbucks in crystal cove on sunday mornings and make my way back home by breakfast to do hubby duties. Only downside is that its raining this weekend and i JUST got my car back from pc/ppf. Hopefully we can get something going mid march.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:38 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
I'm in for sure! My Touring is slated to arrive in SD tomorrow. Then down to OC for a full wrap by Moe. I should be behind the wheel around March Madness!
Looking forward to seeing it! Mine won't be here until early August.

Originally Posted by stephen k
Make that 8! Black winged in Orchard.. Man the black color is popular. My sales guy told me there was another identical car but in touring, I'm wondering if it was you (SocalTouring). Purchased from Newport late december 2018.

I usually head out down the 133 to starbucks in crystal cove on sunday mornings and make my way back home by breakfast to do hubby duties. Only downside is that its raining this weekend and i JUST got my car back from pc/ppf. Hopefully we can get something going mid march.
Noted! I'm 2 minutes from the Newport Coast sbux and I'm usually there on the weekends.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:07 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Awesome, so far we have 8. C5driver and GTS'16 will you be joining us? Perhaps we can do a run, then come back to a Cars&Coffee, or meet somewhere first for breakfast, then do C&C.

There's also mass27 and ilovecarbs who might join us as well. That makes 12

Quick Reply: Helloooo from Socal! A journey with my 991 GT3 Touring