Sponsored by:

GT3 Touring Report

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 130 Posts
Default GT3 Touring Report

My Touring finally arrived. I have only driven it about 30 miles but I must admit I think it’s going to be my favorite 911 in some time. I had a 991.1 GT3 and have owned several 911s and 991s. Just some comments for those that are waiting:

Looks - In my view it looks much better in person than in pics. Love the wide body and it sits perfect. I have always thought the 991 sits to high and lowered my last 991.1 Cab which frankly screwed up the ride. My current Cab, a 991.2 C4S, rides much better but it sits to high. The Touring sits perfect imo. It’s my favorite looking car since my 98 991 C2S. As a side note I really wanted Sapphire blue but it was discontinued after I put in my order so I switched to silver. I was looking for low profile and I think it’s perfect. Love the classic 911 profile...

Ride - Read a lot about the ride but I do love it. I agree with many posts that it is about as stiff, in the soft setting, as my 991.2 C4S in the sport setting. That said I drove some pretty crappy Chicago roads other than 1 or 2 really bad spots it was great. I buy sports cars because I like the hard edge. As 911s have moved to more luxury I missed the hard core sports car feel. Love the way the Touring feels.

Engine - Since this bad boy is new I didn’t get above 5k, however, a couple of runs up to 5K really makes me look forward to 9K. The engine feels like it has a lot more low end torque than my 991.1 GT. I’m super excited to that that thing broken in and take it on my country road tour of eastern WI. Feels epic even without using the full monty.

Interior - I have the buckets and typically keep them fully down. I did not notice this in the 991.1 GT but in this car, I guess due to the manual, it feels like I sit a lot lower. Certainly the seating is lower than my C4S Cab but for me it was much more noticeable in a manual. Maybe it was just the newness of it.

Shifter - The best shifter I have had in a 911, ever. I am going to pay the stupid money for the carbon ****. The silver just looks out of place in an all carbon interior.

Some of my buddies are given me major crap about buying a “911 coupe” and keep asking me when the wing will come in. I’ll say I love it so far, it my be my “dead guys” car.

A few pics of my boring silver Touring...

Roy

Old 01-13-2019, 04:37 PM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

very nice...enjoy
Old 01-13-2019, 04:47 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

very clean, you'll have a blast with it.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:50 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

Congrats is an amazing shade of silver
the picture does not make any justice

Old 01-13-2019, 05:55 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

Very nice. I'm running a C4S right now looking at a GT3, really appreciate the comments.

I see you had Ivan detail it out, maybe got it wrapped too. Ivan has done a couple of projects for me too and is just the best in the detailing business.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:01 PM
Daitona
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tpup
My Touring finally arrived. I have only driven it about 30 miles but I must admit I think it’s going to be my favorite 911 in some time. I had a 991.1 GT3 and have owned several 911s and 991s. Just some comments for those that are waiting:

Looks - In my view it looks much better in person than in pics. Love the wide body and it sits perfect. I have always thought the 991 sits to high and lowered my last 991.1 Cab which frankly screwed up the ride. My current Cab, a 991.2 C4S, rides much better but it sits to high. The Touring sits perfect imo. It’s my favorite looking car since my 98 991 C2S. As a side note I really wanted Sapphire blue but it was discontinued after I put in my order so I switched to silver. I was looking for low profile and I think it’s perfect. Love the classic 911 profile...

Ride - Read a lot about the ride but I do love it. I agree with many posts that it is about as stiff, in the soft setting, as my 991.2 C4S in the sport setting. That said I drove some pretty crappy Chicago roads other than 1 or 2 really bad spots it was great. I buy sports cars because I like the hard edge. As 911s have moved to more luxury I missed the hard core sports car feel. Love the way the Touring feels.

Engine - Since this bad boy is new I didn’t get above 5k, however, a couple of runs up to 5K really makes me look forward to 9K. The engine feels like it has a lot more low end torque than my 991.1 GT. I’m super excited to that that thing broken in and take it on my country road tour of eastern WI. Feels epic even without using the full monty.

Interior - I have the buckets and typically keep them fully down. I did not notice this in the 991.1 GT but in this car, I guess due to the manual, it feels like I sit a lot lower. Certainly the seating is lower than my C4S Cab but for me it was much more noticeable in a manual. Maybe it was just the newness of it.

Shifter - The best shifter I have had in a 911, ever. I am going to pay the stupid money for the carbon ****. The silver just looks out of place in an all carbon interior.

Some of my buddies are given me major crap about buying a “911 coupe” and keep asking me when the wing will come in. I’ll say I love it so far, it my be my “dead guys” car.

A few pics of my boring silver Touring...

Roy

look like Mine without Stripes and Silver is Not boring...

Old 01-13-2019, 06:01 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Congrats Tpup! Great looking car. Did you sell or trade in your GT3 that you had?
Old 01-13-2019, 06:10 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Daitona

look like Mine without Stripes and Silver is Not boring...

Love the stripes, nice! I’ve been thinking about ghost strips in a dark silver or grey...
Old 01-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fskof
Congrats Tpup! Great looking car. Did you sell or trade in your GT3 that you had?
Sold it to a guy in Seattle who found it on rennlist... Sad to see it go but I’m out of space.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phefner
Very nice. I'm running a C4S right now looking at a GT3, really appreciate the comments.

I see you had Ivan detail it out, maybe got it wrapped too. Ivan has done a couple of projects for me too and is just the best in the detailing business.
Ivan is awesome. He’s going to detail and PPF it.

Roy
Old 01-13-2019, 06:20 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Congrats, great spec and spot on write up.

I've had my Touring for all of 2 days and can't stop smiling.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:36 PM
888_pc
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, love the color and spec.

Quick Reply: GT3 Touring Report