Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   New GT3 Inbound - (Pre) Delivery Day Advice (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1123803-new-gt3-inbound-pre-delivery-day-advice.html)

PorscheStrong 01-12-2019 10:43 PM

New GT3 Inbound - (Pre) Delivery Day Advice

My 2019 GT3 is inbound soon, pending release of a port hold. Current ETA is 1/18; unfortunately, I'll be out of town and unable to pick up until 1/25. Any advice for how to handle pre-delivery and delivery day? Any instructions I should give the dealer, e.g. leave padding and covers intact, no wash, no driving, etc.? Anything I should focus on during pick-up in terms of inspecting / checking?

FWIW, upon purchase, the car will go to detailer for paint correction and PPF immediately from dealer via covered transport.

carrerafanboy 01-13-2019 01:34 AM

I'm in the same boat, so very curious as well!

GT3 KSA 01-13-2019 07:17 AM

this does not answer your question but i would suggest buying these, god forbid you ever get a flat

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU06902.html
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/36116100.html
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU99XCLCC.html

tstafford 01-13-2019 08:50 AM

^^^^The car comes with the removal nut and the center cap tool. It's in a storage spot in the front trunk area. And if you're going to mess with the centerlock, you need the Precision Instruments torque wrench and a breaker bar. But after three centerlock cars, I'd advise just staying away from it. While you're on Suncoast definitely buy a replacement front lip - the black piece. You'll go thru those even if you have FAL. It's an easy piece to change out and cleans up the front end nicely after you've nicked that thing up.

I wouldn't sweat the delivery process too much. Enjoy it. The GT3 is a fairly simple car - not a ton of tech to learn about.

If you are having it coated and/or PPF'd I'd tell them not to wash the outside but I'd let them detail the interior. There's nothing for them to mess up in there.

pitt911 01-13-2019 09:07 AM

if you want to be OCD, tell them to
keep seat covers and steering wheel cover
don't detail
don't fill gas until you are there
unfortunately , now they have to remove most of the paint covers as part of PDI for proper inspection. This I think is reasonable so you can check the car grossly for any dents , scratches etc
tell them to Fedex all paper work and details of packages they offer ahead os delivery, so you can review , sign at home .
review packages and pricing ahead of time and if you decide to add some, have them add to bill and resend you paper work
make sure they/you notify your insurance agent , so you can have insurance card ready
now delivery day:
give them signed papers, they will hand you your copies
they will attach temp plate
they will give you keys, and SA will go with you to gas station , fill gas and start driving

jjrho 01-13-2019 09:34 AM

Delivery day

As above.... don't buy any of those..... as to torque wrench... goto amazon n get the precision instruments model that Comes with the breaker bar in a kit.... cheaper than the suncoast bar n it torques too.... however.. you will need a separate piece that costs $40 to attach the breaker bar extension to the bar system... pm me..will send you all the links.... you have to get this...as alot of local wheel shops wont have it n can't take your wheels off.....

I took mine for paint correction n ppf then ceramic right after purchase....

got some trinkets from suncoast.... if you are gonna change the key fob color insert.... don't pay $120 from them.... Ebay $12 ones from China are actually high quality.... even the CF ones for $15 was same as the $80 ones from suncoast...

I'm thinking about getting the frunk protector....

if you are ordering oil filters.... just ask for filter only.... suncoast kit was $65 cause it included all 3 new bolts along with washers.... ridiculous....

I changed my breakin oil at 1500. After one track day n put in 5/50 M1 vs the 0/40 porsche calls for....

enjoy...

James R
gt3 Miami blue /6sp/pccb/lwbs/fal/

tbo12 01-13-2019 11:07 AM

My dealer always has clear instruction - and they always follow it perfectly - to photograph my new cars coming off the transport, and to leave it entirely untouched with every bit of wrap and sticker left in place. I love to participate in the PDI process and 'unwrap' the car with the tech. I guess some would not care about this level of OCD, but being a 'wrench' I love the hands-on of these memorable events. Full front clear film before it leaves the dealership assuming they have exceptional installers. If not, I have it transported to my home and I have an installer who comes to my garage.

GT3 KSA 01-13-2019 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by tstafford
^^^^The car comes with the removal nut and the center cap tool. It's in a storage spot in the front trunk area. And if you're going to mess with the centerlock, you need the Precision Instruments torque wrench and a breaker bar. But after three centerlock cars, I'd advise just staying away from it. While you're on Suncoast definitely buy a replacement front lip - the black piece. You'll go thru those even if you have FAL. It's an easy piece to change out and cleans up the front end nicely after you've nicked that thing up.

I wouldn't sweat the delivery process too much. Enjoy it. The GT3 is a fairly simple car - not a ton of tech to learn about.

If you are having it coated and/or PPF'd I'd tell them not to wash the outside but I'd let them detail the interior. There's nothing for them to mess up in there.

I bought my .1 GT3 used and had none of this. This is why i suggested it bec not sure exactly what tools come or don't

I was very happy with the wrench i used and i think i bought it cheaper from sun coast 3 years ago. Not sure why the price would go up.

For sure if there is a torque wrench at a cheaper price then go with that will save you the the hassle of passing by the dealer to make sure the torque was done correctly

abiazis 01-13-2019 01:15 PM

I advised dealer my expectations were that they would give me clear side markers, a rear license plate holder frame and aluminum look gas cap for free upon delivery for my business.........I also push for winter floor mats and once I back off of those get the other stuff free.......done this at 6 different dealers 2 different brands through the years....

MJG911 01-14-2019 03:36 PM

I just told them not to wash it, and had them swap out the factory Dunlaps for Michelin 4S that I provided. They charged me almost $500 to swap the tires!

abiazis 01-14-2019 04:03 PM

Wow...surprise.......cheap ass dealer......I have switched out tires for no charge in the past at a Porsche dealer, because all they will do is put them back in their tire stock or on another CPO'd car...............definitely ask for some free stuff from your sales person......or the GM........they will blink.....

TxnBluDvl 01-15-2019 01:09 AM

He’s getting Michelin 4S installed rather than the factory alternative Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2’s.

tstafford 01-15-2019 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA (Post 15562546)
I bought my .1 GT3 used and had none of this. This is why i suggested it bec not sure exactly what tools come or don't

That sucks! I kind of wondered if people might swipe that nut out of the front storage cylinder. It's pricey and easy to miss during delivery - I need to check my new GT3 and see if it's in there!!

PorscheStrong 01-18-2019 11:49 PM

Thanks for all the tips!! Got the good news that my car arrived today!! Unfortunately, I’m in Scottsdale for the auctions and then traveling for business until late next week, so will test my patience as I wait it out. Thankfully, lots of cars to see in Scottsdale with the auctions in town. Will post pics after she comes back from detailer.