Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Allotment

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 12:30 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 787 Likes on 571 Posts

Make a deal on a used GT3 - go for 10K under what they list it for and they will probably sell it to you........
Old 01-11-2019, 12:38 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

This is a sign of a softening market on the GT3s, and people, dealers included, are doing everything they can to catch the waning wave of the ADM. Even the RS is now starting to sell at MSRP.

Offer MSRP for the new car, or as suggested 10K under on a used car. Or walk.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:11 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by futureuser
Is it reasonable to pay an ADM on a used GT3 if the dealer promises a next generation allotment, at MSRP, and offers to put it in writing?
No it is not reasonable.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:21 PM
futureuser
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will stay away from this deal. There are still plenty of dealers willing to sit on their cars for 10k over msrp, but eventually, they will want them to move, if they keep sitting.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will stay away from this deal. There are still plenty of dealers willing to sit on their cars for 10k over msrp, but eventually, they will want them to move, if they keep sitting.
Look at the GT4 as the business model for this. Superb car, reliable, and desirable but such huge volumes were produced that depreciation is taking over.

Is it reasonable to pay an ADM on a used GT3 if the dealer promises a next generation allotment, at MSRP, and offers to put it in writing? My local dealer didn't take me very seriously when I built a GT3 online and sent it to them. My hope is to establish a relationship, and be able to do this every so often. Perhaps I'm not being realistic as I have heard others talking about the high quantity of cars that they buy, in order to do this.
I have owned 2 911s so far.
Smart move to get it in writing.
I did not and got dropped from the GT car list after huge staff changes at my local dealer. Despite my chasing it all the way to the top and reminding them we had done $240k in GT car business the year before, I was removed from the GT car list.
Since then, I hear they have several GT3/2/RS available on the showroom, but I haven't bothered to stop in
Old 01-11-2019, 08:23 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not long ago I had a "deal" with a dealer to get the hot new BMW that most dealers were charging over MSRP for at MSRP. GM shook my hand we exchanged a couple of emails and then a month before the car went into production he gets fired and replaced by a new GM who wants ADM, won't budge and of course does not care about what the previous guy agreed to. Months later he actually honored the deal but only after cars started trading for MSRP. If you want the car and you feel its priced fairly then why not, you have nothing to lose. If you are overpaying in hopes of building a better relationship you have to wonder if that is a dealer you want a relationship with. To me it sounds like dealer BS to justify an above market price.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Sorry to post again on this especially given the fact the OP has decided not to do the deal but after I posted the total lack of logic hit me. A dealer that wouldn't sell a used car that has been out for over a year for MSRP but would be willing to offer this guy whatever the new hot GT car is that is coming out for MSRP? It defies logic entirely. Happy to see the OP passed.

The market will soften, it almost always does. Patience usually pays off as it is doubtful in the case of the 991.2 GT3 that values will increase in the next few years.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:20 PM
n d
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

Pretty much the guys who already own the gt cars hope that adm is here to stay for now..... and the guys who want to buy keep saying “any min the dealership will be selling at or below MSRP”......
i personally hope the prices stay high as long as possible.... this is my first car that I bought that I plan on keeping for a long time!!!!
Old 01-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Originally Posted by n d
Pretty much the guys who already own the gt cars hope that adm is here to stay for now..... and the guys who want to buy keep saying “any min the dealership will be selling at or below MSRP”......
i personally hope the prices stay high as long as possible.... this is my first car that I bought that I plan on keeping for a long time!!!!

Once you have the car its best to ignore the market and just drive and enjoy it. I have buddies who are paralyzed because they constantly keep track of the value of their car and are terrified of driving them because of depreciation.

Quick Reply: New Allotment