Sponsored by:

Coating Exhaust Components with Swain Tech

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 511 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Coating Exhaust Components with Swain Tech

Is there any benefit (performance, paint protection, etc.) to coating any or all parts of a Porsche GT car exhaust system with Swain Tech?
Old 01-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
Is there any benefit (performance, paint protection, etc.) to coating any or all parts of a Porsche GT car exhaust system with Swain Tech?

The Header and/Cats from my understanding would have a benefit.- a bunch of science involved that you can find on internet. I think benefits are more for racing with all the heat involved

Swain does a great job and prices are fair. They are really busy all the time so be a little patient.

Had them coat my FVD Sport headers on my GT4 and they looked purdy.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:19 PM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
A lot of benefit to keeping exhaust gases/heat contained in the exhaust. Even more so for turbo cars. Had swaintech white lightning on my previous turbo car. It turns brown and gets ugly after a while though, doesn’t affect the effectiveness of the coating but if looks are an issue then you might want to go with zircotec coating. No experience with them but F1 cars use them and so does Pagani on their exhaust.

Last edited by ilovecarbs; 01-11-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Coating Exhaust Components with Swain Tech