Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   GT3 RS being held at port (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1123094-gt3-rs-being-held-at-port.html)

spyder fan 01-09-2019 12:59 AM

GT3 RS being held at port

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but are the 2019 GT3 Rs's still being held at the US port? Mine left Germany on 12/28. Thanks for the help.

kyrocks 01-09-2019 02:23 AM

Apparently, they have been released.

mooty 01-09-2019 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by spyder fan (Post 15552449)
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but are the 2019 GT3 Rs's still being held at the US port? Mine left Germany on 12/28. Thanks for the help.

without any hold up, it's 5 weeks avg to get to dealer inventory

plasticsdoc 01-09-2019 07:07 PM

Getting the run around

Originally Posted by spyder fan (Post 15552449)

Mine is still at port it came on hoegh bangkok 12/18 was at houston the delivery to dealer was scheduled 12/28 signed contract and paperwork for dealer arranged trade etc. no car delivered as of today still sitting at port PCNA is of np help and dealer says best info he has is that it is a transportation delay. however, i don't know if that's the case out not the dealer has always been solid and i have had every variation of gt3 and rs including 997 4.0 but no answers and no real end in site. when i ask dealer if there is a mechanical or body shop issue with car he says no it would be noted just transportation. any help or thoughts on how to deal with this would be great.

n2cars 01-10-2019 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by plasticsdoc (Post 15554322)
Mine is still at port it came on hoegh bangkok 12/18 was at houston the delivery to dealer was scheduled 12/28 signed contract and paperwork for dealer arranged trade etc. no car delivered as of today still sitting at port PCNA is of np help and dealer says best info he has is that it is a transportation delay. however, i don't know if that's the case out not the dealer has always been solid and i have had every variation of gt3 and rs including 997 4.0 but no answers and no real end in site. when i ask dealer if there is a mechanical or body shop issue with car he says no it would be noted just transportation. any help or thoughts on how to deal with this would be great.

Mine was stuck at the Houston port for about a week. The Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System kept showing different delivery dates at dealer. Ignore those dates. First, ask your dealer if they have been billed for the car. If so, then the good news is the car should be waiting for the truck. Second, (and every dealer knows this) at the Houston port there is ONE woman who knows the status of every vehicle sitting in port. All the dealer has to do is email or call her. Very simple. I'm not allowed to give out her information.

plasticsdoc 01-10-2019 08:48 PM

Getting crazier by the day

Originally Posted by n2cars (Post 15555924)
Mine was stuck at the Houston port for about a week. The Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System kept showing different delivery dates at dealer. Ignore those dates. First, ask your dealer if they have been billed for the car. If so, then the good news is the car should be waiting for the truck. Second, (and every dealer knows this) at the Houston port there is ONE woman who knows the status of every vehicle sitting in port. All the dealer has to do is email or call her. Very simple. I'm not allowed to give out her information.

Thanks n2cars, wish i knew who this woman is, my dealership has always been great same GM for ever, the dealership is in KY. The car has not been invoiced to dealer last they heard was that car was released to transport 01/02. Today however, PCNA, not dealer told me expected dealer delivery back to 04/05. could you share the name by PM? thanks

n2cars 01-11-2019 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by plasticsdoc (Post 15557204)
Thanks n2cars, wish i knew who this woman is, my dealership has always been great same GM for ever, the dealership is in KY. The car has not been invoiced to dealer last they heard was that car was released to transport 01/02. Today however, PCNA, not dealer told me expected dealer delivery back to 04/05. could you share the name by PM? thanks

I wish I could but can't. I'm sorry .

PorscheStrong 01-11-2019 07:11 PM

Not an RS, but my GT3 is held at port in Davisville, RI for the past week. Not a clear explanation, just says "NA 16 Port handing - Administrative hold". Not sure what that means or why the hold-up. Dealer didn't provide any answers, either. Any chance it's related to the gov't shutdown?

Dr. Ferdinand 01-11-2019 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong (Post 15559360)
Not an RS, but my GT3 is held at port in Davisville, RI for the past week. Not a clear explanation, just says "NA 16 Port handing - Administrative hold". Not sure what that means or why the hold-up. Dealer didn't provide any answers, either. Any chance it's related to the gov't shutdown?

Do you have Atlanta Center Delivery? I've seen admin holds on cars so they can manage the # of deliveries at the performance center (especially in LA).

PorscheStrong 01-12-2019 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand (Post 15559414)
Do you have Atlanta Center Delivery? I've seen admin holds on cars so they can manage the # of deliveries at the performance center (especially in LA).

No, standard dealer delivery.

datmanagn 01-15-2019 05:57 PM

I have a '19 Panamera being held at the Port of Houston. I'm hearing it's an EPA issue. Anyone getting better insight?

C.J. Ichiban 01-16-2019 10:17 AM

Apparently with the rough weather a few cars landed with scuffed wheels from rocking on their mounting straps. Also, with other brands sometimes cars will get shipped missing a lot of installable options, they have to wait until parts or floor mats etc arrive.

In any case you could have anything from a quality control / missing item to damage to EPA / smog checks or glass cracking etc. Or your car could be waiting on a missing floormat

avw 01-24-2019 02:13 PM

Anyone ever hear of random additional quality control checks at the port? My sales guy just told me that Porsche randomly selects 38 cars each time a ship docks in Jacksonville for a series of additional quality control checks, and my Panamera was one of the cars randomly selected. The car arrived in Jacksonville 9 days ago, cleared customs within 2 days, and was supposedly waiting for a ride to the dealer when it was chosen for additional checks. I have been told that the car should arrive at the dealer within the next week. Sound legit, or should I be concerned about possible damage?

white6speed 01-25-2019 05:09 PM

Not a good "story"

mooty 01-26-2019 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban (Post 15570009)
Apparently with the rough weather a few cars landed with scuffed wheels from rocking on their mounting straps. Also, with other brands sometimes cars will get shipped missing a lot of installable options, they have to wait until parts or floor mats etc arrive.

In any case you could have anything from a quality control / missing item to damage to EPA / smog checks or glass cracking etc. Or your car could be waiting on a missing floormat

fascinating stuff.
glad you can tolerate it
if I was a dealer, I would have lost all my hair