Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 11:30 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Look at the vent stitching vs the dash
I know. I was joking.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:50 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Tood bad. Not fault of PAG; fault lies with your SA who placed the order.

Glad to hear your dealer will make it right and replace the parts affected.

I wouldn't hold it against the manufacturer; it was not their fault and certainly not a QC issue.

With that to say - one would think their ordering system would deviate the extended leather on the dash by default unless specified otherwise. However, if you understand the ordering structure, the car defaults to the full leather option (silver or LG) and then CXX deviates it. The extended leather follows the full leather build code not the CXX. Same for the door pull straps. Did you specify to have them deviate to yellow as well? If not they are defaulted to silver based on your order.

At the dealer I use there is one SA who works with Exclusive to handle all PTS/CXX orders to make sure stuff like this doesn't get missed.

Too bad for you - but glad dealer will make it right for you.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:19 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I recently had a friend take delivery of a GT3 with stitching he didn’t order, wheels he didn’t order, and a bunch of desired options missing and others added that he did not order. It was an honest mistake at the dealership level. In the end, he decided to take the car and he loves it.

Porsche has really changed over the years. It is a mass producer of cars now and they just don’t get checked the way they used to. However, I keep giving them my money and they keep taking it!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:19 AM
SGS
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by SGS; 01-11-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:24 AM
frankee4u
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a 909 WP car - is the steering wheel supposed to have carbon on it?
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2019, 07:45 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I know. I was joking.
Lol. I'm just gonna stay out of this thread moving forward.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
A bit dramatic - beautiful car. It will be rectified. It will take a few months. Life goes on. Keep perspective and Appreciate the fact that you have an amazing car.

Mistakes happen and this is not a HUGE one in the grand scheme of things.
seriously. Such a fuss over the color of some trim stitching. delivery ruined. my god, 99.9% of the world would be ecstatic to even be able to sit in such a "flawed" vehicle. time for some perspective.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:08 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
seriously. Such a fuss over the color of some trim stitching. delivery ruined. my god, 99.9% of the world would be ecstatic to even be able to sit in such a "flawed" vehicle. time for some perspective.
Call me crazy. Total buzzkill and yes it ruined delivery completely. I work my nutz off and expect a level of service for 225k as I do of my self in my profession. No its not life/death but this forum isn't about this. And I didn't spec my car to care about what other might think if they could "sit" in it. I don't pander to the 99.9%. Frankly if I shot to be within the norm I'd be driving a Civic. I strive for excellence in everything I do. I fall short sometimes but my level of expectation for something like this was completely reasonable.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:56 AM
InTgr8r
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by frankee4u
This is a 909 WP car - is the steering wheel supposed to have carbon on it?
...and what about the door pull straps?
Should they not have been yellow as well?

Looking through the detailed option sheet posted by @Dot23RS there doesn't appear to be a line item for this.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Call me crazy. Total buzzkill and yes it ruined delivery completely. I work my nutz off and expect a level of service for 225k as I do of my self in my profession. No its not life/death but this forum isn't about this. And I didn't spec my car to care about what other might think if they could "sit" in it. I don't pander to the 99.9%. Frankly if I shot to be within the norm I'd be driving a Civic. I strive for excellence in everything I do. I fall short sometimes but my level of expectation for something like this was completely reasonable.
You missed the point. I get you paid a lot for the car, but call ME crazy, but the important part of a GT3 RS is the driveline, suspension, brakes etc, not 3oz of thread on some trim parts...much less the color of that thread. Sure, its annoying, but perhaps thinking about how fortunate you are compared to the vast majority of the 7 billion people in the world may help you to realize this is not even close to a big deal.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
...and what about the door pull straps?
Should they not have been yellow as well?

Looking through the detailed option sheet posted by @Dot23RS there doesn't appear to be a line item for this.
correct, door pulls in any color other then silver (or green with interior option “77”) is CXX or can be purchased from SunCoast and installed at the dealership level.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:27 PM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
FWIW, I totally agree, regarding both "internal" and "external" expectations.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:13 PM
strettyend
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

If I paid $225 large to spec a car exactly to my specifications and it didn't come in the way I wanted hell yea I would be pissed. I don't pay almost a quarter million on something for it to be "close enough."
Luckily they should be able to fix it promptly!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:28 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 80 Posts

Quit yer kvetchin... it's not like the car is undriveable. Nobody cares how much money you make or spent
Old 01-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting "thread"!

Quick Reply: RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!!