Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 11:53 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Maybe b/c I have another car I track. Tool.
Lol. Good one.

I'll bow out.... since you've resorted to name calling.
We've all seen numerous times here who the real "Tool" is.

Again, congrats on your new car.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:58 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

No beating here. All good. Compared to our little Rennlist world, so many buddies of mine and other non -Porsche car people overwhelmingly told me to not accept the car.
It didn't ruin my mojo after a few hours of contemplating. No screaming or yelling at dealer. Very meticulous in my approach to dealer and salesperson. Dealer principle commented on how classy I handled the situation. Im keeping the car and happy to have it, mis-stitch and all.. Amusing to see the people commenting on how they would/should handle things. Typical of a cross section of life. Diff strokes for diff folks. Dealership has been very accommodating, admitting their screw up, and ordering new pieces from CXX that will be here ASAP. If this doesn't happen in 8 weeks I will be given the pieces of an incoming car. Also was given compensation/future purchase options and yellow door straps to help out for free.
Perfect...it will all be worked out...not the end of the world....
Old 01-11-2019, 12:37 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Epic thread...
Old 01-11-2019, 03:20 AM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Obturate
Interesting "thread"!
😂😂
Old 01-11-2019, 06:26 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
That's on the dealership not PAG
The deviated stitching option, dealer must submit exact instructions. It's handled via "text handle"
Correct... and there are about six or seven threads on this, starting from several months ago.

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Those pieces with the wrong stitching can be popped out and replaced easily. In fact, that’s exactly how it’s done in the custom tailoring department. Should it have been correct? Of course. Whether it’s $225k or $25, anything you order should be correct. But mistakes happen, and it’s a matter of perspective. If this incident which is easily fixable supposedly “ruins” your car and causes an emotional breakdown, then there’s a strong argument that you’re buying the car for the wrong reasons. This is the first time I’ve ever heard that a wrong piece of stitching “ruined” a RS. Are you buying it to drive it, or to show off your threading at the local Cars and Coffee/Show and Tell?

RS owners certainly have evolved over the last decade....
Lol, that's for sure!
Old 01-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

No beating here. All good. Compared to our little Rennlist world, so many buddies of mine and other non -Porsche car people overwhelmingly told me to not accept the car.
It didn't ruin my mojo after a few hours of contemplating. No screaming or yelling at dealer. Very meticulous in my approach to dealer and salesperson. Dealer principle commented on how classy I handled the situation. Im keeping the car and happy to have it, mis-stitch and all.. Amusing to see the people commenting on how they would/should handle things. Typical of a cross section of life. Diff strokes for diff folks. Dealership has been very accommodating, admitting their screw up, and ordering new pieces from CXX that will be here ASAP. If this doesn't happen in 8 weeks I will be given the pieces of an incoming car. Also was given compensation/future purchase options and yellow door straps to help out for free.
How good are you at detecting sarcasm?
Old 01-11-2019, 01:08 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
How good are you at detecting sarcasm?
I have to agree. Why would the GM comment on how classy you are? That's bizarre. Was he a former news anchor for San Diego? Do you have a library in your house with rich mahogany wood?

It's no different than telling the 5-year old how *brave* he was when he got his shots. Which leads me to this.... anytime you think you're going to have a mental breakdown because (1) some stitching is wrong, or (2) your car is delayed at the port, or (3) the price of paint to sample went up, or (4) the PTS option delayed your car, or (5) someone at your local Saturday morning Show and Tell has cooler deviated stitching than you, please refer to the following calming techniques. Just substitute "getting a shot" for one of the 5 aforementioned issues.

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 01-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:51 PM
simonstorey
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this entire thread just deviated.
(sorry, couldn't help myself)
Old 01-11-2019, 02:07 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

This thread is kind of entertaining and I’ll admit probably embarrassing for the OP. I know he posted in a public forum so he should be prepared for all the sh*t he’s getting, but I’m sure he was just emotionally reacting to the stitching mistake. Enjoy your car, man, and the stitching will be fixed. It’s all good.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:11 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by simonstorey
I think this entire thread just deviated.
(sorry, couldn't help myself)
Well, feel free to stitch it back together.

I think the common thread running through most these posts is that the gentleman lost every strand of credibility when he let his emotions unravel.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
This thread is kind of entertaining and I’ll admit probably embarrassing for the OP. I know he posted in a public forum so he should be prepared for all the sh*t he’s getting, but I’m sure he was just emotionally reacting to the stitching mistake. Enjoy your car, man, and the stitching will be fixed. It’s all good.
For sure; rather than dig deeper and snipe at those poking fun at him ... he should just own it and admit he overreacted. We all do it at times.

I think the common thread running through most these posts is that the gentleman lost every strand of credibility when he let his emotions unravel.
What's the difference - really - between ravel and unravel?
Old 01-11-2019, 04:17 PM
simonstorey
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
You seem like a good guy. And my opinion is only my opinion. Maybe worth nothing to you. My only point is - YES you should expect it to be perfect for $225K. And it should be correct and it will be corrected. But if a stitch that is white vs yellow completely destroys your enjoyment of an unbelievable machine that will drive like a muthaf$^$^% - then YOU are the one that loses. It has caused you to be really pissed - again over a stitch. Extrapolate this to other areas in life - food, watches, people etc. You will never be truly happy unless things are 100% perfect. Is that a great way to go through life? And then are you only truly happy when stuff is perfect or just satisfied? Maybe others cant live up to your excellence that you provide in your line of work.
Good advice OP - it is a temporary problem. Enjoy car and wait for fix. Hopefully you can move on - many thing you expect or look perfect still can fail in the future. Just an idea - start speccing out your next car.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:28 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

Hahaha, CW you are quickly becoming one of my favorites around here. Please keep it up.

OP, I hope your minor situation is resolved as quickly as possible. In the meanwhile, please enjoy your incredible new toy. Keep in mind how lucky you are to own such a car and to be in such a position in life where a few mismatched threads leads to this level of disorder. Cheers!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:46 PM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So go to pick up my new .2RS and this happens when the interior is unwrapped!! Idiots did standard stitch over deviated when yellow deviated was specced for car!! Hello quality control!! How does this happen!! Great way to ruin a delivery!!
Has the mismatched stitching on your Extended Dash Package problem been resolved yet? We at Exclusive Option specialize in a comprehensive selection of factory style leather options for the 991. Recently we have assisted in several similar scenarios in which cars are arriving to dealerships with mismatched stitching. Often the dealers themselves contact our company for swift replacement leather parts rather than wait for the factory. Our parts are undistinguished in color and craftsmanship. We would like to assist you remedy this problem. Please provide us your email, someone can provide more specifics to get you an Extended Dash Package with Racing Yellow Stitching as soon as possible.

Below are some sample pictures of the Extended Dash Package we provide.

Quick Reply: RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!!