Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 04:23 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Call me crazy. Total buzzkill and yes it ruined delivery completely. I work my nutz off and expect a level of service for 225k as I do of my self in my profession. No its not life/death but this forum isn't about this. And I didn't spec my car to care about what other might think if they could "sit" in it. I don't pander to the 99.9%. Frankly if I shot to be within the norm I'd be driving a Civic. I strive for excellence in everything I do. I fall short sometimes but my level of expectation for something like this was completely reasonable.
You seem like a good guy. And my opinion is only my opinion. Maybe worth nothing to you. My only point is - YES you should expect it to be perfect for $225K. And it should be correct and it will be corrected. But if a stitch that is white vs yellow completely destroys your enjoyment of an unbelievable machine that will drive like a muthaf$^$^% - then YOU are the one that loses. It has caused you to be really pissed - again over a stitch. Extrapolate this to other areas in life - food, watches, people etc. You will never be truly happy unless things are 100% perfect. Is that a great way to go through life? And then are you only truly happy when stuff is perfect or just satisfied? Maybe others cant live up to your excellence that you provide in your line of work.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:25 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Those pieces with the wrong stitching can be popped out and replaced easily. In fact, that’s exactly how it’s done in the custom tailoring department. Should it have been correct? Of course. Whether it’s $225k or $25, anything you order should be correct. But mistakes happen, and it’s a matter of perspective. If this incident which is easily fixable supposedly “ruins” your car and causes an emotional breakdown, then there’s a strong argument that you’re buying the car for the wrong reasons. This is the first time I’ve ever heard that a wrong piece of stitching “ruined” a RS. Are you buying it to drive it, or to show off your threading at the local Cars and Coffee/Show and Tell?

RS owners certainly have evolved over the last decade....
Old 01-10-2019, 04:46 PM
simonstorey
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
OMG!!! Are you going to be alright?
LOL. What I was thinking.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:52 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

It will be at least 3m months I have to ride around with this pig vomit!!
Really? Being a bit melodramatic, aren't we? It's a fixable problem. Whatever you do for living doesn't mean you can act like a toddler. Sometimes I don't blame dealers for tacking on Adm to ease to pain of dealing with pita customers...
Old 01-10-2019, 04:56 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
This is the first time I’ve ever heard that a wrong piece of stitching “ruined” a RS. Are you buying it to drive it, or to show off your threading at the local Cars and Coffee/Show and Tell?

RS owners certainly have evolved over the last decade....

This ^^

The OP is the same guy who was recently advertising his 3-yr old .1 RS as "Never Tracked"....
but his classified pic ad, the license plate said, "TRKTOY".

Immaculately maintained never tracked (on original MPSC2) GT3RS white. Car was wrapped custom Mexico Blue by a well known South Florida installer for over 9k. All the. right options. Get 2 colors for the price of one!! Also has full Gtechniq Exo V3 and CSL coating. ALWAYS garage kept and washed with Kranzle pressure washer and MTM Foam cannon with Adams soap and Carpro Incredimitt. Zero stories car. I bought the car from a broker after importing from Canada. Car has been titled and full imported in Florida. All maintenance done though Braman Porsche. Sale can be done through Porsche dealer for piece of mind.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:17 PM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
This thread is a good reminder that somethings are best kept to oneself.
Haha, yep, I agree wholeheartedly.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:50 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
It has caused you to be really pissed - again over a stitch. Extrapolate this to other areas in life - food, watches, people etc. You will never be truly happy unless things are 100% perfect. Is that a great way to go through life? And then are you only truly happy when stuff is perfect or just satisfied? Maybe others cant live up to your excellence that you provide in your line of work.
This is wise advice, something that took me some time to get past in my early 30's. Was (and still am) a bit OCD/Type A when it came to work, very high performance standards. I let that crap seep into my personal life, where I had always been this low-key/chill kinda guy. When I started getting hints from old friends and wife, knew I had re-center. One thing that helped me break through was young kids...cause nice stuff get's f'd up left and right. Couple months back, oh look, dad just finished a 3-stage correction on his black sports car...here's a nice handle bar scratch down driver door from my little pony training-wheeled bike. Zen man, zen.

It'll be fixed in no time. You'll laugh at the silliness of it when all said and down. It's not like your car got painted big-bird mode. Use a different SA next go, preferably just work with the SM. Have a beer or two, and go for a ride breaking in that bad boy.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:33 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So go to pick up my new .2RS and this happens when the interior is unwrapped!! Idiots did standard stitch over deviated when yellow deviated was specced for car!! Hello quality control!! How does this happen!! Great way to ruin a delivery!!

On a side note. That's a great picture for color comparison between those two blues!
Old 01-10-2019, 06:35 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Obturate
Interesting "thread"!
TOO SOON
Old 01-10-2019, 07:24 PM
RENN GTS
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 117 Posts

I cant 't imagine what that must be like for the factory worker assembling the car, knowingly assembling a mistakenly spec'd car
Old 01-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Man, it seems to me the OP is taking a beating here. I personally couldn't give a **** less about cosmetics, but to each their own!
Old 01-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it's the optics of how the issue is handled.

Flat out - PAG is not to blame. Dealer did not specify the extended leather option thread to deviate to the color they wanted in the text layout. It can be easily rectified since they are pop-in panels. New replacements and it done. If OP wants it faster tell the dealer to call up Exclusive Option and have them handle it. Either way - an error yes - but one that can be rectified.

To me - one that would result in a meltdown is one that could not be rectified - ie - ordered FAL and didn't get it, or ordered MB and got GT Silver. Stuff like that.

Reminds me of my 5 year old son who screams and throws a fit thinking it will get him what he wants. I just walk away; problem solved.

Entertaining for sure.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:07 PM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, the OP said he was offered a GT2 RS by the dealer at MSRP to make amends so I guess it worked out ok for him.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:32 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
This ^^

The OP is the same guy who was recently advertising his 3-yr old .1 RS as "Never Tracked"....
but his classified pic ad, the license plate said, "TRKTOY".
Maybe b/c I have another car I track. Tool.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:39 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Obturate
Man, it seems to me the OP is taking a beating here. I personally couldn't give a **** less about cosmetics, but to each their own!
No beating here. All good. Compared to our little Rennlist world, so many buddies of mine and other non -Porsche car people overwhelmingly told me to not accept the car.
It didn't ruin my mojo after a few hours of contemplating. No screaming or yelling at dealer. Very meticulous in my approach to dealer and salesperson. Dealer principle commented on how classy I handled the situation. Im keeping the car and happy to have it, mis-stitch and all.. Amusing to see the people commenting on how they would/should handle things. Typical of a cross section of life. Diff strokes for diff folks. Dealership has been very accommodating, admitting their screw up, and ordering new pieces from CXX that will be here ASAP. If this doesn't happen in 8 weeks I will be given the pieces of an incoming car. Also was given compensation/future purchase options and yellow door straps to help out for free.

Quick Reply: RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!!