RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!! - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!!

Old 01-08-2019, 11:30 PM
  #16  
plasticsdoc
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: mission hills, ks
Posts: 48
Default

Glad you got the car out of port sorry about the screw up hope they get it fixed faster than the delivery process. Im still stuck at port. good ;luck but beautiful anyway.
plasticsdoc is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:34 PM
  #17  
Maverick787
Super User
 
Maverick787's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,480
Default

Congrats on the car looks really good, and the fix is easy good news. Go enjoy it.
Maverick787 is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:40 PM
  #18  
Dot23RS
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by 0to60 View Post
That's on the dealership not PAG
The deviated stitching option, dealer must submit exact instructions. It's handled via "text handle"
correct, this is not on PCNA or quality control this is on the dealership and who submitted the order. They needed to specifically define each item that is to be deviated yellow otherwise the default is platinum stitching. Here is my 3RS order as an example.



Dot23RS is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:42 PM
  #19  
Yippiekiaye
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Yippiekiaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 865
Default

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.
Yippiekiaye is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:50 PM
  #20  
ipse dixit
Super User
 
ipse dixit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,172
Default

Happened to someone else here on RL.
ipse dixit is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:54 PM
  #21  
rosenbergendo
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
rosenbergendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,784
Default


GMG bypass.



New and old switching over bypass.

Mexico and Miami.
rosenbergendo is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:57 PM
  #22  
djcxxx
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
djcxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,411
Default

Originally Posted by 0to60 View Post
That's on the dealership not PAG
The deviated stitching option, dealer must submit exact instructions. It's handled via "text handle"
+1
djcxxx is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:02 AM
  #23  
Waxer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Waxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 3,602
Default

Car looks great. Swap out the wrong peices and your good to go.
Waxer is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:06 AM
  #24  
Sunny_M3
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 298
Default

As you noted, trim piece will pop out and should be an easy fix. It sounds like the dealership messed up and didn't submit the order correctly.
Sunny_M3 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:13 AM
  #25  
BlazinPond
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BlazinPond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Minneapolis/Detroit
Posts: 891
Default

Originally Posted by 0to60 View Post
That's on the dealership not PAG
The deviated stitching option, dealer must submit exact instructions. It's handled via "text handle"
Well, I bet that was awkward for the OP or his dealer once they figured this out...

The OP was a bit dramatic and accused the wrong people as "IDIOTS" and "Totally Messed UP!!"

Also...ruined a delivery? Give me a break.
Looks like a pretty easy fix that the dealer should fix in a few hours.

Regardless, congrats on your new car.
BlazinPond is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:14 AM
  #26  
sgroer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sgroer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 2,923
Default


MY OCD brain is struggling. Isn't the stitching along the red line silver, and part of the entire dash panel? My RS is in a remote garage so I can't go look myself at mine.
sgroer is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:22 AM
  #27  
GT325
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 181
Default

Originally Posted by sgroer

MY OCD brain is struggling. Isn't the stitching along the red line silver, and part of the entire dash panel? My RS is in a remote garage so I can't go look myself at mine.
The leading edge stitching closest to windscreen is in silver and those pieces are part of the CZW option which was presumably not ordered properly by the OP/dealer. Although they look integral to the dash they are NOT. The are long thin trim pieces that can be removed and replaced with the correct pieces. No need to get too excited or worked up. This has happened to at least half a dozen RLers cars.
GT325 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:25 AM
  #28  
llstuey
User
 
llstuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 299
Default

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Well, I bet that was awkward for the OP or his dealer once they figured this out...

The OP was a bit dramatic and accused the wrong people as "IDIOTS" and "Totally Messed UP!!"

Also...ruined a delivery? Give me a break.
Looks like a pretty easy fix that the dealer should fix in a few hours.

Regardless, congrats on your new car.
Par for the course for this drama queen
llstuey is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:32 AM
  #29  
sgroer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sgroer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 2,923
Default

Originally Posted by GT325
The leading edge stitching closest to windscreen is in silver and those pieces are part of the CZW option which was presumably not ordered properly by the OP/dealer. Although they look integral to the dash they are NOT. The are long thin trim pieces that can be removed and replaced with the correct pieces. No need to get too excited or worked up. This has happened to at least half a dozen RLers cars.
Ah! Ican sleep now. Thanks.
sgroer is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:38 AM
  #30  
John Belk
User
 
John Belk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 232
Default

I think we’re all missing how rare this really makes this 2RS...think of the future resale value for a 1 of 1....

(Sorry....slow night)
Glad it’s an easy fix, love the car, CONGRATS!!!
John Belk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: