Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 10:17 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sweet, will you be making door pulls for GT3 Tourings?
Originally Posted by EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Has the mismatched stitching on your Extended Dash Package problem been resolved yet? We at Exclusive Option specialize in a comprehensive selection of factory style leather options for the 991. Recently we have assisted in several similar scenarios in which cars are arriving to dealerships with mismatched stitching. Often the dealers themselves contact our company for swift replacement leather parts rather than wait for the factory. Our parts are undistinguished in color and craftsmanship. We would like to assist you remedy this problem. Please provide us your email, someone can provide more specifics to get you an Extended Dash Package with Racing Yellow Stitching as soon as possible.

Below are some sample pictures of the Extended Dash Package we provide.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:59 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

I saw this on an RS too. I’ve heard this mistake is made by the sales associate. Given the numerous examples of this error, it seems Porsche could add a warning or diagnostic when odd selections are made. But that would deprive us of these entertaining threads..

I passed on the deviated stitching on my Touring and so glad I did: the all black leather looks great. $3k buys a lot of thread should I change my mind later.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:25 AM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
No beating here. All good. Compared to our little Rennlist world, so many buddies of mine and other non -Porsche car people overwhelmingly told me to not accept the car.
It didn't ruin my mojo after a few hours of contemplating. No screaming or yelling at dealer. Very meticulous in my approach to dealer and salesperson. Dealer principle commented on how classy I handled the situation. Im keeping the car and happy to have it, mis-stitch and all.. Amusing to see the people commenting on how they would/should handle things. Typical of a cross section of life. Diff strokes for diff folks. Dealership has been very accommodating, admitting their screw up, and ordering new pieces from CXX that will be here ASAP. If this doesn't happen in 8 weeks I will be given the pieces of an incoming car. Also was given compensation/future purchase options and yellow door straps to help out for free.
My Touring had incorrect stitching around the vents. 100% dealer fault for not specifying correct deviated stitch so it defaults to standard stitch (lucky for me default Touring stitch is black so it didn’t look bad). It was going to cost dealer too much to fix via CXX so they ordered a 911T with my vents and would swap. That 911T came in and was accidentally sold so they had to order another one. Needless to say the other 911T just arrived and I’m taking my car Monday to get fixed. 9 months after taking delivery
Old 03-14-2019, 01:40 AM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
Sweet, will you be making door pulls for GT3 Tourings?
Doesn’t seem like it. I’ve sent Frank at least 4 emails asking the same question after he had said they were working on a solution and to hang tight about 7 months ago circa Reunion. He hasn’t responded to any of my emails. Regardless it’s not a simple DIY solution given how the actual bracket we need is plastic riveted onto the door. Cheapest solution is to pull the handles, install the door pull assembly then run the strap through the opening where the handle was. Not nearly as clean but won’t break the bank. I’m still hopeful someone will bite the bullet and make a plastic mold of the RS/GT4 cover. I’ve even emailed the Porsche part supplier in Germany but no response, no surprise.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:26 PM
Nendo
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

I wish their was a fail safe system in place for these type of errors from happening. Especially in the configurator where you can't see some off the options you tick off like extended stitching in a different color
Old 03-14-2019, 08:30 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nendo
I wish their was a fail safe system in place for these type of errors from happening. Especially in the configurator where you can't see some off the options you tick off like extended stitching in a different color
They already have one, it is called "an informed Sales Associate"

Abraham Caracheo of Hennessy simply rocks - it took 14 minor line items and 3 majors to get proper and consistent deviated stitching everywhere and he nailed it.
Not all dealerships are the same, just sayin' Thank You
https://www.hennessyporsche.com/about-us/staff/

Quick Reply: RS.2 Delivered Porsche totally messed up!!