991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche PTS (another) crap customer service

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 05:10 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts
Default Porsche PTS (another) crap customer service

Did anyone at dealer, from Porsche, on Rennlist, wherever, told you when you bought your PTS 991 that the paint formula can not be disclosed neither to the car owner? That touch-up bs indeed will never replicate the exact color nor Glasurit have the right formulas (just approximative ones)
so the solution is

1 you go to the local dealer (for the car lifetime??) and cross the fingers they know how to handle that crap CXX or PTS stuff

2 you go to your paint shop and they will scan the color which will turn in a 99% correct formula

After spending 200k for s car this is simply the most rubbish customer service ever
Old 01-07-2019, 05:15 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I think all phone numbers to ED and PTS are routed straight to the Discouragement Centre..
Old 01-07-2019, 05:16 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Did anyone at dealer, from Porsche, on Rennlist, wherever, told you when you bought your PTS 991 that the paint formula can not be disclosed neither to the car owner? That touch-up bs indeed will never replicate the exact color nor Glasurit have the right formulas (just approximative ones)
so the solution is

1 you go to the local dealer (for the car lifetime??) and cross the fingers they know how to handle that crap CXX or PTS stuff

2 you go to your paint shop and they will scan the color which will turn in a 99% correct formula

After spending 200k for s car this is simply the most rubbish customer service ever
the formula is published by the paint manufacturer, it’s not a secret.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:19 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

PCNA doesn’t “know” my code formula other than the one on the pre-approved PTS list (Y56)...

They recommended doing a Technical Assistance Ticket at the dealer, came back with Y56...

All Porsche Certified body shops do not have the formula (one told me my color does not exist, lol), only thing they can do is try to color match...

BASF is supposed to be the Porsche paint supplier, nothing but crickets...

PCNA says they can’t offer any more info/help...

Very disappointing.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:23 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Germans being German.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:25 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by James Walker

the formula is published by the paint manufacturer, it’s not a secret.
Really? Post the link to the Porsche Pure Green Y56 paint formula for the 991 and I’ll pay you $100. RAL6037 does not count.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:43 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
All Porsche Certified body shops do not have the formula (one told me my color does not exist, lol), only thing they can do is try to color match...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe body shops really do it this way.

Even if you had the same exact paint code, it might differ slightly on the production run, when it was made, moisture in the air when it was being mixed at that time of the year, etc. If your car is over a year old, it may have faded slightly from the sun. So then you end up with a potentially mismatch panel.

A good body shop should be able to match your current paint, regardless of color. Most if not all will have lifetime warranties and/or continue to handle the situation until the paint is to your satisfaction.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:13 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

this the reply from Porsche Germsny

" unfortunately, I got the following information. It´s not allowed giving out the formula. I know, the external painter has often problems to create the original colour. He can only try to copy it from a other part of your car(optical scanner) "

that is you have a PTS? Go to a Porsche dealer for the car lifetime and pray they have the knowledge how to handle it

in my case my local Porsche deeler came out first with the wrong formula (glasurit based) then with an opticsl scanner..

So dear P AG eitherways you disclose the formula through an nda to the car owner
or you have to properly instruct with exams all the porsche dealer network on how exactly a PTS a CXX must be handled

i can t imagine how this will be in 10 years when everyone will have forgotten all the thousands paint combination

wasn t easier to provide a damn paint formula??
Old 01-07-2019, 06:19 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I love my GT Silver ...... ;-) Seriously yes unacceptable...I'd be pissed too.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:44 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Just FYI, BASF owns glasurit. I would be curious to know what line of paint Porsche uses at the factory.

Anything in the modern water based era 1992ish and up should have the formula on glasurit s website for the water based paints, but whether than matches PTS or not, who knows. The older colors are on the glasurit website, but they don’t have all the lines of paint.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:01 PM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by evilfij
Just FYI, BASF owns glasurit. I would be curious to know what line of paint Porsche uses at the factory.

Anything in the modern water based era 1992ish and up should have the formula on glasurit s website for the water based paints, but whether than matches PTS or not, who knows. The older colors are on the glasurit website, but they don’t have all the lines of paint.
Glasurit PTS formula don t match
ask me how i know it...
read the Porsche reply
they do not disclose formula

How Glasurit can publish modern PTS formulation if first not allowed by Porsche?
Old 01-07-2019, 07:04 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
Glasurit PTS formula don t match
ask me how i know it...
read the Porsche reply
they do not disclose formula

How Glasurit can publish modern PTS formulation if first not allowed by Porsche
What color if you don’t mind me asking? Do you know what line Porsche uses and also what line you received to try to match?
Old 01-07-2019, 07:06 PM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by evilfij

What color if you don’t mind me asking? Do you know what line Porsche uses and also what line you received to try to match?
Sure it s 274
i tried both Line 90 and 22
Old 01-07-2019, 07:30 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
Sure it s 274
i tried both Line 90 and 22
Humm. Line 90 is water based and has been around since 92. Pretty surprised that did not match given the fact that 274 is the code for both the 70s and PTS.

I am worse off as auratium changed the code for PTS and it only has Line 22 which is newer and available VOC or not.

Please let us know what you figure out. Glasurit does have its own scanner to match paint. I would suspect that is the next step. Scan the car and see if that matches.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:33 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

In my experience, it’s not too hard to find the formula for classic colors that have been in production for a long time, like viper or signal green, but new colors, it’s been impossible. Looks like there’s only 4-5 P-cars in the world in Pure Green (1 918, 1 TTS, 2 Tourings), so most places are not familiar with it... plus, it wasn’t an automotive color imported from another brand...

Quick Reply: Porsche PTS (another) crap customer service